My ISP gave me a Huawei router because of the upgrade to FTTN

My ISP gave me a Huawei router because of the upgrade to FTTN.

Can I trust it, or is Huawei a botnet?

Paranoid fuck

Nah second leader in the market in telecommunication equipment but not known because it stays in the professional/Telco department away from the public.

There's a 2/3 chance that most shit (fiber, cable generally ISP infrastructure that isn't outside) is using Huawei equipment.

>stretched Pixel

Are you an Ausfag?

Yeah, im on the 12mbps TPG plan.

Im probably going to move house soon, so that is why im not on 25mbps.

yes and yes
it's a chinese botnet, so you can trust it, unlike murrican or western botnets in general

This. If you're not in china you're better off with the chink botnet than the US botnet.

Wow, FTTN and 25mbps, you Ausbongs sure are living in the future.

>12 mbps
>25 mbps
As in Megabits per second ? How long does it take for you to load an image on Sup Forums ?

>300 Mb/s
That supposed to be impressive or what ? That's standard speed in Eastern Europe, I can get 1000 Mb/s if I pay extra, but that's overkill.

>mfw when OP actually has 12 Mb/s internet speed
>mfw I won't even post the face because he can't even load the picture until 2017

Are you even trying?

I try my hardest.

That's admirable.

Huawei are one of the few oems who don't overvolt the PSU by 60%

Speedtest actually gets it wrong. Its even worse. 450kbps down is the best Ive ever seen. Life in 240p is great man.

I'm with a UK ISP (the one that got hacked by 12 year olds) and all their routers are rebadged Huaweis. The modems that Openreach hand out are either Huawei or Jewish too. Huawei is everywhere in telecom infrastructure. Time to give into your Chinese overlords.

>There's a 2/3 chance that most shit (fiber, cable generally ISP infrastructure that isn't outside) is using Huawei equipment.
That's a very high chance. They're big, but behind Cisco and Alcatel.

Would you look at that! Another fucking retard sperg that doesn't know the difference between b / B, kb / Kb

Oh my, you should just hang yourself on that CAT-5

Do you know anything? Bits and bytes are the same. Its just like you have "tomato sauce" and "ketchup"

My router

DUDE LMAO

MICROWAVE AND OVEN ARE THE SAME TOO, LIKE, DUDE, THEY BOTH HEAT SHIT UP, RIGHT??

Well yeah. I only have a microwave. Why use an oven? Just have a microwave that does it all. I feel like im getting baited but seriously. They both heat things up. Why have an oven when you can heat in the microwave? Why use a kettle when you can warm only the specific amount of water that you need in a cup in the microwave? I thought you people were smart

> cat 5
> Implying cat 6e isn't the standard nao

That's impressive considering CAT6e doesn't exist.

Shut the fuck up you fucking cunt. Can't help that my country is plagued with literal fucking retards that infest every corner of the nation like rodents.

Im on 12mbps. Depends on file size. If the image is over 2MB I don't even bother clicking.

>being this paranoid

kys

Your ISP can access logs, update firmware and change settings remotely during tech support phone calls. Of course it's a botnet. Put another good router afterwards and set up a firewall with VPN.

A motorcycle and a semi are the same too, they are both vehicles, correct?

wtf XD no! Motobikes are faster and more agile. Semis are big and strong.

>FTTN
>Not FTTH
Are you in a third world country?

Huawei definitely is a botnet. If you notice there are a lot ddos attack in the recent days, most of them are instructed by Chinese government and through the means of huawei equipments.

6A you twat

Basically if you are not in Eastern asia, Chinese botnet is better than American botnet.

Stop being a paranoid shit. I personally have two huawei routers, a mobile router and two phones. All work great and are not doing anything suspicious (but I'm not from the US sooo... no NSA)

12mbps is great compared to the US

Our internet is garbage
My desktop which is hard wired only gets 800kbps download speeds when any other device is using the wifi.

Everything that isn't fully OHW and OSS which you've verified yourself and are following proper security measures is a botnet.

So basically, everything.

>12mbps is great compared to the US
No

It's your ISP's router, not yours. They manage it, including firmware uploads and actually having root via SNMP. Consider it firmly their equipment, outside your trusted LAN - doesn't really matter to you who made it.

If you've got a good home server which you trust, consider maybe using that as your router. It's what I do, it works very well.

I'm sorry to inform you that Huawei are actually one of the more competent people writing home router firmware.

That isn't to say they're good, it's just to say almost everyone else is worse.

>Renting a router
Shiggy.

I get 115MBps in Florida. 12MBps you must have the hobo plan

Do you live in a ghetto?
:|