logicalincrements.com/
youtu.be/CbIvXRvaGvI?t=5m13s
youtu.be/cL4RmuAHDl8?t=4m23s
broexperts.com/how-to-make-hirens-bootable-usb/
youtube.com/user/ZeosReviews/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=qFnrrQCmg8k
youtube.com/watch?v=TJzG2rXD2zo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Starting to run out of HD space and my 1TB WD black drive is old as fuck so I want to upgrade that one. Is a WD blue SSHD a good replacement? Haven't really heard much about SSHDs.

I've got a problem with ncmpcpp, after adding new music to my 'music' folder it doesn't show up in the player. What can I do?

How can I set Chromium so the search engine is international Google rather than my country's?

They suck. Get a real Hard Drive, and a small SSD. 4TB with 8GBSSD space is garbage.

trying to get this bit of code working in matlab

moveString = input('Please type a move\n', 's');

moves.{moveString}.defcooldown = moves.{moveString}.cooldown + 2;

where the user inputs the name of the inner struct

moves.twister.moveName = 'Twister';
moves.twister.type = 'Charge move';
moves.twister.damage = 25;
moves.twister.cooldown = 2.7;

so if they type 'twister' then I want to be able to access moves.twister.whatever, but I'm having issues with that
I've been trying to convert it to a full string of 'moves.twister' which works, but converting that back into a variable gives 'moves_twister' because the fullstop isnt allowed in a variable name, even though I'm trying to access the inner field, not a full variable
anyone able to point me in the right direction to go about this?

I have an SSD already and a bunch of large storage drives. Aren't the 8GBs of SSD space used to speed up read/write times instead of being actually used as permanent storage space?

It's still grbage

Holy fuck how long does EFF take to ship? I ordered a week ago, no tracking, no shipped emails, no nothing. Anyone have some experience with them?

yeah but 8GB isn't a useful amount.
You're far better just buying a normal mass storage drive and adding another full size ssd to your rig

useless

where I am, for the price of that 4tb sshd I can get a normal 2tb hdd and a 256gb ssd, that's a far better use of money

logicalincrements.com/

Help
Ubuntu
Torch

What's the best to create GUI for Java on Linux?
Apparantly Qt's API is ded for java, and GTK is claimed to be buggy.

How does one "get into" cybersecurity and networks in general?

While I do study electronics & compsci, our curriculum is so incredibly shit and outdated that the only things related to my interests which I will have studied will be basic CCNA1/2 knowledge (already have both, but have to put up with the uni's anyway) and some vague basics of unix/linux.

Turning 21 and I already feel like I wasted my best academic years learning jack shit. Give me a starting point and I will work myself to death from there.

>question 1

how to transfer chrome profile between two pcs? one dead, but accessible drive.
forgoten passowords... all saved in chrome.. how to move profile, like I can move it with firefox/

>question 2

thunderbird, it loads all the pictures in the mail only when I click it, its anoying waiting sometimes
can I set it to load the images as the email come? I already had to set to evel allow remote images to be shown

I googled both problems quickly
no dice
so you might know

go ask on /r/sysadmin and /r/networking and /r/linuxadmin

theres your starting point

just know that programing, at least python, decent exposure to linux, and intimate knowledge of osi model are bare minimum to even start

Is it too late to learn c++?

not really, but it should not be your first language
C++ is hard
and there are hundreds of people on Sup Forums who go around asking about learning this and that only to fail
you are likely one of them

Are there any programs for colorblind people to "correct" the colors?

fuck off animefag

Reposting my question since I threw it in the wrong thread.

If I am stupid and lazy, how do I browse Sup Forums through a proxy from a choice state so I can make silly flag jokes on Sup Forums and Sup Forums?
No malicious intent, of course, only memes.

>chrome stuff from dead pc
On XP - C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data
On Vista - C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
This won't move passwords, you have to copy them manually from the settings menu.

Alternatively start the browser from this HDD as master, and sync it to Google, than sign up on the other PC.

how do i get people to buy my old PC shit on craigslist

I'm getting a new laptop in the mail today, it shipped with windows 10. A friend told me something about how the new 5000 intel processors and above don't support USB with windows 7, or something like that.

Will I have any problem downgrading to windows 7?
(HP spectre x360 if that makes a difference)

You don't. Donate it to a school or library, if they will have it.
I have a room named after me in the village school because I donate outdated useless tech to them, they even asked if I want my picture framed in the room, shits hilarious.

Thanks a million

I'm trying into electronics and I completely fail to understand voltage divider formula.

According to all sites that I've read so far, we assume I1 = I2.

But in this case, according to Kirchhoff's current law there will be no current at Vout: sum of inputs=sum of outputs and in the joint between R1,R2,Vout input current is I1 and output is I2.

One site for example hand-waves the issue in their proof:

> Sweet! We know R2’s value, but what about I2? That’s an unknown value, but we do know a little something about it. We can assume (and this turns out to be a big assumption) that I1 is equivalent to I2.

What am I missing?

My name es tyrone and i stole an iPhone. Its iCloud locked now, can something be done?

>series circuits
>I is everywhere the same

>parallel circuits
>I divides

stick to the Vout = R2/(R1+R2)*Vin formula

its an old gaymen pc with a r9 290 and a i5
I doubt a school needs that

you lover the price until someone finds it agreable

how much are you asking for it now?

I mean right now im just selling the parts itself
r9 290 for $200

I dunno if I have more of a chance selling it is some gaymen prebuilt

I have an old pc that I want to revive with an e8400, motherboard and cpu fan are dead, I might also need to get new ram sticks for it

any of you have a recommendation for a micro/mini ATX lga 775 mobo to revive my shit?

dont bother with gaymen prebuild
and you need to go to $130 at least
depending on which model of R9 290 you have

you know theres rx480 out.. why would they be paying $200 for your shitty card when they buy rx480 for the same price?

I sold mine for 235€ 1 year ago, kek

whatever you can find for cheapest
but I would not bother unless real ultra poorfag

>Rx480
>$200

In what universe
It's $250 at the least

But yeah I guess if I lower it by 20 bucks itll help

>call motherboard manufacturer because new gtx 1060 card wont start with it

>guy tells me i need to flash bios first, then spends some time looking something up, then tells me i shouldnt use "such a new powerful card" on such an old motherboard

>motherboard is from late 2012

>now i have to take my entire computer apart, buy a new mobo and put it back together and nervewrackingly reseat my $300 CPU or i cant get ever get new graphics cards because my mobo is outdated at 3 years old and doesnt even work with the same brands GPUs

What the fuck man

How do i prevent this shit from ever happening again

My mobo has 3 SLI slots and SLI worked amazingly, i just need more VRAM, what the fuck can i do to make sure my next mobo wont be fucked by the time i want to upgrade my graphics again

in this universe
go on newegg and check for yourself

I'll ask again.

first time I ever hear of this
pcie specs are not changed, gpu like that should work in 2008 c2d builds

what mobo specificly?
you sure the gpu is alive and well and works in other PCs?
did you plug monitor in to the gpu display output? common mistake is pluging it to mobo and then wondering wtf
did you plug power cable from the psu to the gpu?

anyone know if theres a way for AHK to set the volume of specific applications?

I think im fine

heh, sure
is your card 8GB ram?
like seriously you can pray that some moron will try to buy for $180 but its unlikely
every smart person will be buying 4GB RX480 that eats 100W less power and is probably not a loud turbine
hell mots of the tards will be buying 3GB gtx1060 anyway

Are prebuilt NAS stations botnets?
I found one at a pretty good deal and it uses less power and space than building one on my own.

Every device on my network supports jumbo frames,yet i can get none of them to talk to each other using jumbo frames.
2 hosts are windows and jumbo is enabled via advanced network options
3 hosts are linux and jumbo tables set using
ip set link eth0 mtu 9000

What am i missing?

they are in the Sup Forums sense that everything is botnes
but whats worryign is lack of control and when shit breaks, its breaks and wont be fixed by you :(

theres two different brands of GTX 1060's ive tried so far, i dont have another computer to test hardware in. One is the same brand as my mobo. And when i google my problem i get a bunch of results of people with other gigabyte motherboards who had the exact same issue, exact. But they flashed their bios and solved the issue. I called first because people say thats risky and my mobos last bios updates are just about as old as the entire board. And he told me to flash it first like everyone else, but then he said that i just need to upgrade. And formatting my fucking USB is taking years and i dont really wanna risk bricking my mobo if i can still play games on it and it wont likely do anything. And the bios updates are old as shit and hardly newer than the one i have

Z77X UP4 TH is the motherboard

yeah i plugged it into the card of course, i get video out of it, it just freezes at this startup screen, doesnt even let me enter the bios, then goes totally black after a little bit, but doesnt turn off. when i hit the power button, it shuts off immediately, at any point, having either of these new cards installed.

and yeah of course i plugged in the power from the PSU

this isnt my first time upgrading, i went from a 560 ti to a 660 ti years ago, then added a second 660 ti for SLI.

thanks to SLI it kinda already blows the fuck out of games so i dont really wanna fuck anything up, i just need more than 2gb VRAM now for 1080p or and textures that arent so low res they look like clay. And they're starting to drop the ball on SLI optimization so both my cards dont work in a lot of games which sucks

im thinking about running to the nearest computer store and buying a new mobo right now but i have an i7 and would rather not have to reinstall it and risk smashing the pins or frying it with fucking static electricity

What do you mean, user?
Also is it good for running torrents on all day or nah, too botnet?

tell me what do you think a botnet means

big bad company spy on you through backdoor
I dunno

I want to send data over the internet from one raspberry pi to another, I think the route I need to go down is socket programming, anyone have experience with this?

i wanted to buy a zte axon 7 but not sure if it'll work on my pre paid us Cellular though.

anyone know if it'll work or not?

and yes i uninstalled my graphics drivers before shutting it down and putting these new cards in

ive also put my old cards back in and everything works fine

just new graphics cards go LOL NOPE

I saw a screenshot (possibly even here, dont remember) of a windows 10 start menu with hexagonal tiles instead of the boring square ones. How can i have neat hex tiles in my start menu?

After a resintall, I find that Rikaisama isn't working for me. As in, I click on the little button but the popup never appears. I tried reinstalling it, disabling it and re-enabling it, I even tried using Rikaichan, but nothing's worked so far. Anyone know what could be wrong?

rainmete

A network of infected computers collecting data from said computers or used for mining Bitcoin or carrying out ddos attacks etc

What exactly is American Megatrends, it shows up on my boot before the windows logo

To elaborate on this, the end goal is I want to control a servo remotely from anywhere there is internet access.

1. gigabyte has dual bios, you are fine and risk of catastrophic flashing of bios is minimal. Just download latest bios for your revision(seems theres only v1.0 for yours), put it on the hdd or on usb(no need to format or whatever you are talking about) and go to bios and there find q-flash or whatever its called, I think F8 or F9 key.. and then just follow instructions ot flash it.

its risk free and 100% worth a try

after googling it seems nvidia cards requier full UEFI bios or some shit... but your mobo seems to have uefi... anyway, if flash wont help, go to bios and disable fast boot and secure boot, and try again...

buying new mobo because of nvidia seems kinda waste, cant you just switch to the red team? or do they have this shit too?

I cannot seem to get pnmixer or any volume icons on tint2 with openbox autostart

what do you folks use?

google.com

I've tried to fix this with my google-fu, but to no avail.

Why does libreoffice keep crashing when trying to open documents that are more than a few pages big unless I first open a smaller file and THEN open a bigger document? No clue what's going on.

Using Linux Mint btw.

i put it on a USB, the exact files people said not the whole rar or the whole exe. I extracted it from the exe just as they said, put the two raw files and it hink 1 folder onto the USB, and everything, hit f8, saw the flash menu and options, tried to press the option to initiate it and it flat out doesnt work, it just doesnt do it, like it doesnt recognize theres any thing to flash with.

Its plugged directly into the motherboard in the back, not the front of the computer

I read i needed to format it to something like fat32 but my computer only gives me options for exfat and NTSF, so i think thats the issue. I downloaded some other software that actually lets me format to fat32 but its taking fucking ages but yeah fuck it might as well try, i forgot yeah i read i supposedly have some switch on my mobo i can flip if i destroy one bios, but i never saw it myself

So im gonna do that

But its gonna take like an hour to format this USB

I cant see any other reason why the option to flash doesnt work after pressing f8

the screen comes up and everything it just doesnt do it when i press it

it just werks

You have first and second Kirchhoff's law.
For you circuit it is I1 - I2 = 0 (current) and I1R1+I2R2 - Uin = 0 (voltage). Then UR2 = Uout => Uout = Uin - I2R2, then I1 = I2 = Uin/(R1+R2) => Uout - Uin - (Uin/(R1+R2))*I2 => Uout = Uin(I2/(R1+R2))

I tried that but i am yet to find anything even remotely related...

Should I cover this to prevent dust from falling inside? or is it good for ventilation?

>System Requirements
>3 GHz Intel i3 or equivalent
So what is the nvidia equivalent?

sorry. I little drink
>Uout - Uin - (Uin/(R1+R2))*I2 => Uout = Uin(I2/(R1+R2))
incorrect
>Uout = Uin - (Uin/(R1+R2))*R2 => Uout = Uin(R2/(R1+R2))
correct

you should cover every individual computer part with a thermal blanket to ensure no dust gets inside

Anyone?

I've been thinking about going Intel and buying an i3-6320. Would I notice any difference coming from fx 8320? Or should I just get an i5? I'm kinda on budget and that i3 beats my old ass cpu.

i have a server running on windows, started by a .exe
sometimes it crashes
what is an easy way for it to restart automatically when this happens?
problem is it doesn't just close when it crashes, it pops up an error

When I have WiFi enabled on my phone, notifications are delayed. They only update every hour or something. When using my mobile internet, they are updated pretty much instantly.
I have checked for WiFi hibernation and it is turned off.

What can be causing this?

you extract the exe file you downloaded
you put Z77XUP4TH.10b on your c: drive
and on your usb drive

you leave the usb plugged in
you go in to your bios by pressing 'del' or whatever
you then in bios find qflash and press F8
you should see dialog that asks you to point to that file Z77XUP4TH.10b
so if you see your c drive you go there, if you see your flash usb drive go there, whatever
select the file, it does check if it fits
then its flash time for like 30sec - 2 min, most likely 30sec since its newer shit.. yes 2012 is newer shit

go on yotuube, search for "gigabyte qflash" or some such

forgot pic

I'm trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on an old laptop, but every time i go to install it after picking custom install. I'll get an error code 0x80070057.

I've tried deleting both partitions and making a new one and formatting that but didn't when either.

i saw online a guide saying I'd have to use repair tool to actually delete the partition with cmd. would that actually work?

i can't think of anything else anymore.

Is Proxy.sh Client malware? I downloaded it and scanned with VT and its 3/52 :(

thats exactly what i did

i press f8, a window with three generic options come up, one saying something along the lines of "initiate flash", and pressing enter/clicking it flat out does nothing

every single youtube video i find is showing a completely different bios than i have except for a guy whos talking in fucking spanish or some shit

and of course this guys computer doesnt just inexplicably not let him select an option, like mine

fuck my life

spic here got 3 options one to select drive
youtu.be/CbIvXRvaGvI?t=5m13s

heres some ricer with same option
youtu.be/cL4RmuAHDl8?t=4m23s

well take photo of what you see, or write exactly what it says, not some generic idea... that thing might exactly where you are to point to the bios file

>still at 10% formatting

>computer store near me doesnt even have 1155 socket mobos in stock

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yep thats exactly it, it doesnt work at all, i can scroll down and exit but ":update bios from drive" doesnt do jack shit

First time ocing, got my 4690k @ 4ghz 1.097v. How'd i do? Kinda scared of going further because of my literally-who-tier gigabyte mobo and i only have a 212 evo to cool it.

>What is the Page Info keyboard shortcut for Firefox? Or is there an easier way to check all the images on the current site you're visiting?

so zero reaction, nothing
well then I would try entering qflash not from bios but from boot screen, maybe that might help when uefi is not running in the background
or disconnect all disks and just leave the usb drive there
or reset bios to optimal settings or whatever they are called, should be stuff like that there

if still no dice.. theres a reason you got 3 file there in that exe archive

so...
go here and follow the instructions to make hiren usb
broexperts.com/how-to-make-hirens-bootable-usb/

it will take some time for you to go through that, but hiren is awesome for lots of things and its worthy tool you just learn how to make here...

once you got it, boot from it with F12 on boot, from menus then choose dos and dos and always basic dos
dos operating system will start and you will try to find which letter is your hiren usb drive
a:
b:
c:
d:

commands
dir - list files and directories
cd - go to some directory
use those commands to navigate to the folder with your bios files
then you just run the autoexec.bat, by writing autoexec.bat
it will flash bios from dos...

or go in to some PC repair shop, explain problem tell them qflash bios does not work, if they can try flash your PC andhow much would it cost...

i got a 960
how is it possible for gpu load to be 99%-100% for several minutes and yet temps only go up from 30c idle to 32c max?

Is there something wrong with the clock stepping or thermometer? I remember it used to get up into the 50's sometimes 60's..

just checked and core clock isnt going above 658mhz and memory clock is at 405mhz during the load.. what the heck is going on? Shouldn't it be going up to 1200+/1700+?

could it be because the game im testing it on is still getting like 200 fps that it's deciding to do this? I've never heard of that though.

Update drivers
Do you have multiple monitors?
Download nvidia inspector and check the power state under load.

How do I grab a video posted to Twitter?
I don't trust any of those third-party websites; I want access to the raw file.

Can anyone recommend a decent DAC/AMP combo for a pair of 250 ohm headphones? Nothing too expensive, if possible.

No laptop general so.

I'm looking for a laptop for pretty much everyday use.

Budget is about $500 but willing to move around up too 1k if its worth.
I don't do extreme gaymin just OSU and ASSFAGGOTS.
Nice size screen full HD pref.

Thanks in advance

savevideo.me gives you the link to the raw file.

My boss recently gave me a TV but i can't get the picture to play in color! I think it needs to be plugged in via HDMI but my cable box doesn't have a plug in for HDMI cords, its uses the red/white/yellow cords instead.

Please help, i can only get it to play in black and white.

sounds like you're plugging a composite video output into a component video input

check smsl stuff on this channel
youtube.com/user/ZeosReviews/videos

500-1000
for lower check "thinkpad 13"
youtube.com/watch?v=qFnrrQCmg8k

and thinkpad E560 depending what screensize you want
youtube.com/watch?v=TJzG2rXD2zo

for higher priced check dell XPS 13, or thinkpad T460 (notice E and T difference and 4 means 14")

xps

I make edgy internet content and don't want to get doxxed. What do I need to know/have to prevent that?

I need help:

void displayPoint(Point myPoint)

which of the following objects would be allowed to pass as an argument to the displayPoint method(select all that apply)

a. Point p;
b. Point p;
c. Point p;
d. Point p;