GPD WIN

Mine came in yesterday. Anything you wanna know just ask. It's basically a tiny x86-64 laptop with a 5.5" touchscreen and xbox type controller built in. I bought it mainly for portable steam gaming and to run a few emulators too.

How's the battery?
How's the keyboard?

Install Gentoo

>360
Any reason to get this over a Surface 3?

If you've ever messed with the little media center bluetooth keyboards that's exactly what it is. You are basically thumb typing. This is definitely not for productivity. I haven't had it long enough to fully test the battery but played amnesia the dark descent last night for just under 3 hours last night before the 10% battery warning flashed. Yeah it's not that demanding of a game but I thought that was pretty good.

Had mine a week now. It's nice, battery looses 13% for every hour of VNC, 30% after an hour of portal.
It's basically vaio P but with a fast processor and good battery life, there's not much else to say (other than it's also nice for gaming if you get bored of working)

Depends what you want, they are pretty different devices as far as form factor goes. I like not having to carry around a controller so that's why I got this.

How much did you pay for it?

$300

How much free space after Windows rapes it?

Can it substitute a laptop?
As in a facebook machine with basic office suite.

40GB free on mine
Probably.
Sadly, despite me buying it for the keyboard, it's slow as hell to type on, in part due to stretching one thumb over the extra keys.
That said, having proper ctrl, alt, function and arrow keys more than makes up for it.
If you're just typing shit, you might find yourself using the screen more than anything.

Windows doesn't use much after you wipe the Recovery partition. It usually uses only 5.5GB after a fresh install which surprisingly is less than Android on some flagship phones.

Did they end up using the Z8750?

Absolutely not imo. The keyboard is just not the right kind. Like I said, it's basically a bluetooth remote type of feeling when typing.

Only for the first batch that went to Chinese backers. Everyone else got the 8700 including me.

Don't think so, but I haven't checked what's actually on it.
Nope, Z8700

OP here, also there are a lot of people with bad units I've seen online. I haven't had any issues yet though. I updated to windows anniversary edition as soon as I got it and I've heard that ironed out a bunch of the driver issues and whatnot.

is this the new desktop thread

please let this be real user. please. I'd buy one in a second.

How is the GPU? In terms of specs/performance/any throttling due to heat/etc

You can run OS X on it in a VM. VMWare Workstation has only around 5% overhead.

speaking from experience, it runs like shit in a vm

Shut up Ryan you don't work

It can run Overwatch, CS:GO and Battlefield 1?

Oyvey

The gpu is surprisingly good for what it is. Heat has not been an issue for me but others online have had major issues, some resorting to opening up their units and modding the heatsink

Handles portal at solid 60fps, doesn't go over 70 with the fan on.

I bought a GPD Win. It came defective. I have to send it back. I am not happy.

What was up with it?

I wouldn't recommend multiplayer fps on this thing unless you enjoyed dying a lot.

>shooters on thumbsticks
Don't know about overwatch, CSGO maybe, BF1 nah

How can interstellar travel be achieved in my useful lifetime?(achieving it when I'm 60+ is pretty useless)

Listen to Joe Rogan and eat a bunch of mushrooms

How is the d-pad?
How are the ABXY buttons?
How does it handle internet browsing? What YouTube res can it comfortably play?

first time I'm happy to see you

D pad is "ok", kinda mushy but fairly accurate. The buttons are fine but the bumpers are pretty chinky with too much play in them. Internet's fine and I don't know about yt res. The display itself is 720p. For my purpose as a portable steam console that fits in your pocket and emulation there really isn't anything else out there to compare it with, kind of in a class of its own. If you're looking for a small laptop to do actual work or school with though, this ain't it. You cannot type fast enough on this kind of keyboard.

steam in home streaming test pls

It works well as does moonlight (which is what I usually use over remote network connection). That's with a gtx950 in my desktop.

>YouTube
Newer Atoms are pretty decent, it should have no problem with 720p

Afroamerican, new atoms can decode 4k hevc easily.

I never said it couldn't

Can you install windows 7 on it?

Not that guy but when the question is "what youtube res can it play?" and your answer is "It has no problem with 720p" then it really, REALLY sounds like you're saying that it's the best it can do.

Not yet

Can it handle forza horizon 3?

It's an old as shit OS with no support and no new development. What makes you think it'll support new hardware in the future?

>runs botnet os
does it support GNU/Linux or BSD?

lmao
It looks like an interesting toy, but with that price I honestly do not know what you'd be thinking when you bought it. Nice dildo you got there!

Not sure about that one but I have it running Bioshock infinite on low pretty smoothly.

My main gripe about it is no user replaceable battery. If you're playing games which is what it is made for you drain the battery after a few hours which is normal but not enough for true portability. Also I guess fast charge works on it but I am hesitant to try it.

Try street fighter 4 on it.
>SF5 might run but at a low spec mode.
also See if Blazblue runs.

Emulators such as mame\snes\genesis\n64 would be cool.

>I Highly doubt that could handle ps2 or gc/wii emulation.

Hows the sound quality? Headphones and speakers. I hate hearing a constant buzz.

>>I Highly doubt that could handle ps2 or gc/wii emulation.

It seems to do alright on Dolphin hitting the playable mark (depending on your opinion) if a steady 24 fps with an odd drop from time to time is ok for you. It should get better too once intel releases vulkan drivers that work.

PS2, not so much

does ppsspp run good?

The mono speaker is surprisingly good for what it is. But do not buy this to listen to music on

Can I install Linux on one? If so, I'm sold. Wanted a modern netbook for a while now.

Yep, but doing anything besides playing games is really not so fun, I guess I can try plugging a mouse into it, even a wireless keyboard and hook it up to a tv which is how my wife will use it for her french movies which don't work with chromecast

Plenty of emulators available for Linux, perhaps even more than Windows.

Very true, but I don't know how much work needs to go into getting everything running which would be a pain doing it on the little screen and tiny keyboard I'd imagine

Indeed, I'd probably use a USB keyboard to set shit up.

You paid 250% the price of a chink tablet with a bt keyboard, just because the chink tablet of that device have the keyboard attached, nice job

Try holding a tablet, a bluetooth keyboard and a gamepad all at once and then try fitting that into a pocket or pausing to do something else like taking a bite to eat or a drink while holding all that in one hand

I'm guessing one of the joysticks functions as a mouse? What about left/right click?

>What about left/right click
Shoulder buttons, which work ok unless you decide to set it down but then you can use the touch screen which is a bitch trying to click on text so small. I need an active stylus

how many times have you accidentally pressed the power button so far? lel

Do you know what panel it has?
OLED would be great.

Ppsspp runs on toasters but just get a PSP

who are you quoting?

I haven't yet

IPS. It's a very nice quality display actually. I was pretty surprised.

nice shop faggot

>emulators

If you want a portable emulator machine, just get an original PSP and hack it. You can probably get one along with a 16 or 32GB memory stick for it, for maybe $150.

Last I checked, PSP has emulators for all major consoles up to N64/PS1. GB, Color and Advance as well.

it cant even run most snes games at full speed and n64 is an absolute joke
psp is NOT a good emulator machine

haha owned

>someone is STILL trying to shill these things

I really hope the PGS turns out to be real, I dont even care for the windows side of things I just want a modern spec xperia play

The screen is only 720p, so thats whats relevant.

fuck off retard

why can't we just get an x86 pyra

Can it be used as a phone??

On phone, but $400 new on eBay from manufacturer m.ebay.com/itm/152293351460

It's popular

Cs go on thumbsticks ? Fucking silver faggot, thats why you stay so low you shit

It does have a mic, but wifi only

Does it run FBSD or OpenBSD?

what gpu it has?
gtx1050?