/200dwsg/

pcpartpicker.com/list/sz2Wf8
explain to me how five of these in a beowulf cluster doesn't BTFO your thousand dollar "video editing" pc that you use for gaming in Tflops/second

Other urls found in this thread:

dellrefurbished.com/laptops
retailmenot.com/view/dellrefurbished.com
pcpartpicker.com/list/bnKX2R
pcpartpicker.com/list/3LzXnn
e621.net/post/show/688054/2015-69_position-anal-balls-canine-dog-duo-eyes_cl
renderpal.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A-user, there's no point in buying a bulky desktop computer unless your going all out with enthusiast tier hardware.

explain to me how you're going to power this system without a psu

look @ the case baka

oh shit

guess i'm the retard now

Nice build user.Did you already tested it?How is it performance wise?

dellrefurbished.com/laptops

retailmenot.com/view/dellrefurbished.com

Wait for a 40% off coupon.

One around ~700GFLOPS thus 3500GFLOPS
One single higher tier GPU from 2 years ago are 4000+ GFLOPS
You need 8-9 of those, buddy.

Wut,why no gpu?

baka

What do you need a GPU for?

Some light gaming?Editing software?

Baka

my mac pro is smaller and looks nicer

Bumb up the budget to 250$ and you get much better performance.

>now

>micro memetx
>fm2
>350W

dumb makiposter

ummm that doesnt have as many ghz

Don't buy that case.

I bought one last Christmas for a build for my father. Ended up returning it twice, all three units I'd received all had bad power supplies. Ended up getting a small Rosewill case instead.

Perhaps not, but you get twice as many cores out of it.

.3 less ghz but quadcore vs dualcore = way better

>Editing software
And you need a dedicated graphics for this, why?

The A6-series is actually what's called an APU. Advanced Processing Unit. It has a GPU built into it.

And the GPU is also way better.

A graphics card would improve video rendering, but in that case why not buy a quad core Intel CPU with a nice on board CPU?

They're great, but they rely on your RAM an awful lot. Get fast, plentiful memory and you should be alright.

Should have specified video editing.

But then, let's be honest, you'd want a little more budget if you're looking to edit video.

Model name?

Fuck, you would ask me that, wouldn't you... Christ, give me a few.

>APU
*Accelerated Processing Unit

PS Intel CPUs with IGP cannot be called APUs because APU is a Marketing term by AMD and not actually a technical jargon.

I didn't even catch that I'd called it Advanced until you pointed it out. Good call. Been playing Factorio all day, so I vomited it out without proofreading.

You are confused.

>/200dwsg/
what are you even doing

I found it. Rosewill R379-M

Nah, just couldn't remember what model number/name it was at all. Was over a year ago.

cuda cores

pcpartpicker.com/list/bnKX2R

Or bump down the budget and get adequate performance!

I wonder what I could do with this. Just got a work bonus

You can get a Sandy Bridge i5 desktop with 8GB RAM and a 500GB HD for ninety bucks on eBay

Link?

>a6
ahahahahaha!

I don't think that could BTFO my dual x5650 workstation. It cost me like 300$

Just do it and enjoy

pcpartpicker.com/list/3LzXnn

Heres an $800 pc which would outperform a cluster of 5 of your $200 builds.

If passmark scores are to be believed, this would have nearly 6 times the CPU performance of OP's build for only 4 times the price. It also has the same amount of RAM/storage and a half decent gpu.

20 bucks more and you could have a pretty sweet htpc

I guess that's about right baka desu senpai

now build one that outperforms a cluster of five of that system

For $200 I can just buy Dell or HP workstations pre-built off of ebay and cluster them and get even more performance.

This is to comfy for me

>$200
>"WORK"

u n 2
>[Edit]

>$200
try reading the post again

because i use wireshark and 10MB pcap on ARM is 10 minutes of parsing vs instant on i7 6700

>source: tried it IRL

ok, they are spending 5x more on something literally as fast as one

what a brilliant retard. how are you pieces of shit even able to load let alone post on the internet

>explain to me how five of these in a beowulf cluster doesn't BTFO your thousand dollar "video editing" pc that you use for gaming in Tflops/second
5 times shit is still shit. also beowulf clusters suck and are inefficient unless you can literally get the hardware for free

tell me when your $200 shit can come close to my 16 core perf

how is this relevant to the thread at all

because lobbing together a pile of shit is just a big pile of shit. fuck amd single thread performance and fuck your obvious infant alcohol symptoms you degenerate

this is obviously about multithread performance -__- get back to me when you can buy a ten-core twenty-ghz (((intel))) chip...

>>yfw nothing needs multithread other than many or just batch

NEXT

what a poke. do you even use a computer at home or just at work and at school?

i can't believe we still have so many blue pill babies

mutlithread a shit

grow up bb, i don't need two cores to fuck your mom

You should get a decent job and step it up instead OP :^)

cores go wide not tall

wtf are you talking about

everyone posting in this thread up to me doesn't fucking understand cluster computing.

You can't just LAN together five desktops in a cluster and then run muh photoshop or blender on them. You CAN run a blender farm render on them, but you CANT do that for 99% of software tasks, and in the VAST majority of those, the gigabit LAN becomes such a huge fucking bottleneck/latency source that it wouldn't make sense to do it anyway.

Supercomputers get around this with fancy interconnects and programmers who write programs designed specifically to run on distributed computing platforms.

TL;DR comparing a beowulf cluster, or any other kind of cluster computing, to a workstation is fucking retarded and you should all feel really bad about yourselves.

>we dont understand cluster

and you're the one who thinks people need it at home

go literally do yoga and then think about throwing your computer away. I can tell you now you're not doing it and it's not doing you any favours

sage this stupid thread

fuck off OP

stupid anime poster

>ten-core twenty-ghz
cow2troll.exe

Source?

>implying I'm the OP

OP is a tard and so are you. The fact it took so long for a post like mine to /thread this disaster is the proof of your inadequacy.

e621.net/post/show/688054/2015-69_position-anal-balls-canine-dog-duo-eyes_cl

>putting a HDD on each cluster node

Just get a USB stick or Netboot iPXE or even iSCSI from one machine you're using as a SAN

Cases would waste a lot of space, you really just need some little rack to stack them mobos up on.

Also you can get an adaptor to power multiple systems off one PSU, might be a worthwhile option

Just get a $200 nuc

>You can't just LAN together five desktops in a cluster and then run muh photoshop or blender on them. You CAN run a blender farm render on them, but you CANT do that for 99% of software tasks

renderpal.com/

There are plenty of applications which can benefit from being run on a cluster. That being said, I do realize that no application will ever scale perfectly linearly to multiple machines.

Even if everything scaled perfectly with no overhead OP would still be a retard. That $800 build user mentioned earlier would stomp a cluster of 5 of OP's builds even if OP's task scaled perfectly to a cluster without any overhead.

OP shouldn't be thinking about clusters unless dual socket xeon hardware is too low end for him and he has a very specific task in mind.

This is likely more powerful

give me 500€ and i give you a mini itx system with i3 processor, 4gb ram, over 200gb ssd and 1tb hdd, wifi onboard, good mouse and mechanical keyboard.

meanwhile you enjoy your outdated system without usb 3, without ssd, no peripherals, unnecessary ram...

ANd it`s a newer architecture revision. But seriously, you want at least 1866 memory with an APU. Which you can get for 4-7$ more than 1333.

get fasteer ram with that apu

>"work"station
>no gpu
>mfw

who needs an external gpu for work?

People who need to render skeletons

It outperforms used computers going on ebay for about that price.