When did VirtualBox become so shit?

When did VirtualBox become so shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

when you didnt enable virtualization and didnt isntall the guest additons.

vbox guest additions is installed. xubuntu runs pretty badly too.

enable virtualization on your cpu.
otherwise enable hardware graphics acceleration and give it some memory.

Still spazzes out when I open chromium or terminator
guest additions are definitely installed, and display resolution scales itself as I resize the window, as expected

then either the graphics drivers off the guest additions didint install correctly or the host side drivers is not installed correctly.

is u using intel cpu?

AMD fx8320 housefire

enable virtualism in uefi bios cistem
and use firefox

already done. guess I will have to try reinstall guest additions from vbox itself, rather than from the distro's repos.

>rather than from the distro's repos
mane, i...

Just pirate vmware

>nb4 viruses xDDDD

No, you are the retard for not knowing how to check things

Which is better for virtualization anyway, Hyper-V or Virtual Box?

Use libvirt + qemu + virt-manager like any other sane person.

>pirate
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy

> Hyper-V
hahahahahahahahaha no

>words to avoid

SJWs ruin everything...

What does that have to do with Social Justice?

So what's wrong with it?

>“Ad-blocker”
>This is not an “ad-blocker,” this is surveillance protection.

RMS is an SJW in his own right

> pirate vmware
ESXi is free, no need to pirate anything.

"Ad-blockers" don't block ads. They just configure your browser to not download them.

I've been running Virtualbox VMs on a variety Xubuntu hosts for several years with no problems. Intel hardware including old C2Ds in T61s tho I install SSDs.

OPs result isn't normal. I've even run AutoCAD 2015 for lightweight tasks in a Win7 VM with no problems.

ESXi made me feel bad, I could get it to install after injecting some drivers but then when it boots after install I cannot get it to connect to the network (network drivers are what I injected into the installer in the first place - without them it refused to install)

I tried a couple times and then gave up. Probably the only software-related thing I never was able to figure out.

It was always shit, VMWare is better on both Linux and Windows hosts.

I gonna need to know how you got Chrome like that, friend.

the theme? it's arc dark

user virtualbox isn't the greatest but you certainly seem to be incompetent. That problem is not virtualbox, that's (You) fucking up or having a shit setup. Most probably problems with guest additions, virtualization or gpu drivers.
Troubleshoot, when you realize it's actually a virtualbox problem come here and bitch about it til then just keep checking where did you fuck up.

There are literally universal keys for vmware workstation 12

The Lubuntu and Xubuntu 16.10 had all sorts of weird problems for me like keyboard and mouse misbehavior and white screens sort of like OP, so I switched to VMware with a key copied from internet. That also has some problems with the latest *buntus like vmware-tools not starting automatically on guest boot, but everything I need works