Why all the hate?

Why all the hate?

>easybake blog

a.) bloat
b.) poor security record

it's mainstream, good, and an already working system. Sup Forums wants a psuedo project timesink to piss away weeks if not months into making because they have no content to publish. for example, making their own php framework but a week into the "project" just going "ehhhhhhh" and then it never gets done.

Anyway outside of that, the only legit reason is that there are too many shitty plugins for it and then it becomes windows 95 in which nobody can upgrade because the site owner thinks they need this plugin even if you're fully mvc capable or can just replace it with a couple lines of html for that matter. Assuming you manage it properly, wordpress is a perfect CMS.

UNSAFE
N
S
A
F
E

unemployed "CS" memelets

Pajeets and chinks. Everywhere.

They make a killing off of this shit by creating tons of "premium" themes and sell them for $60-100 a pop. Same goes with plugins, and most of the paid ones usually come with either licensing fees, and non-free updates, subscription limits, or a combination of both. Some of them work nice, and some are just plain bad, and rob you of your money.

To add insult to injury, these themes can break simply by failing to update correctly, or by just updating in general, paid ones at that. So you end up spending tons of cash on shit that doesn't work well, and end up with a headache 24/7.

Plus poor security like said.

I hope it dies in a fire.

WP is good if you want to run your personal blog or some insignificant shitty website with a shitty ((((PREMIUM)))) template, if you want to do custom stuff it's absolute shit.

Most WordPress related vulnerabilities stem from some shitty plugin.

Turns out that running third party code in your environment can be a security risk, who would've thought that?

Issues within WP itself are usually patched within hours upon discovery, providing an auto-update for all website owners.

Claims that WP is less secure than any competing software are simply nonsense from memespouting retards.

The problem is that there are so many plugins and themes out there that are complete dogshit.

You really need to pay attention to what you're installing.

It's just a blog with a remote shell

Squarespace is better.

Because people are retarded.
I can make 1500 € in 1 day of work without living the house by building a site for a small business using wordpress.
Also, as long as you don't install shit plugins and apply updates you are good to go.

I've just learned to program this summer, and I created my first plug-in for wordpress.

It's a meme or can you make money with it? I would really like to work programming instead of some shitty office job when I end my studies.

Wordpress is a direct link from the average joe to the developper. People trying to build websites with wordpress either dont know shit or want to go fast. So they buy plugins.

You can make money if your plugin is simple AND versatile

PHP bloat. A reason to stay away from anything.

Who hates Wikipedia?

1. php
2. pajeet tier
3. "themes"
4. sure sign the site owner is a retard.

learn to webdev already. shit isn't hard at all.

So what are the alternatives?

>working for startup
>CEO demands that we rewrite our site to be a CMS
>we tell him we have more important things to do first
>he finds a soccer mom from shitville, kansas
>she's a wordpress developer with """16 years of experience""" who promises to do it for cheap
>tech team strongly advises CEO not to hire her
>he does it anyways
>she applies a theme and copy pastes text from our website
>everything is ugly, broken, and missing functionality
>she insists that it's finished and we should publish it
>our tech team works a whole week, pushing back more important things, to fix it
>she bills us 40 fucking hours for applying a theme and pasting text

Wordpress breeds these kinds of people, which is bad.

Joomla :D

rev up that resume

no, retards with more money than brains breed those kinds of people. if she wouldn't get hired she would fuck off from the industry.

Master please teach me. What is your secret.

Drupal is a non-shit CMS.

no, the ceo breeds these kinds of people because he created the market for it. wordpress has nothing to do with some retard because if joomla was as popular, you'd see the same thing of people installing 1001 plugins. proper solution was for him to give a basic test of asking for a portfolio to weed out shits like this.

Fuck off niggers, move to Django already.

If not, try Drupal which is alternative but that sucks too. If you don't want to deal with all shit, just pay for Ghost Pro and they will take care of everything.

>:D
>omg

gtfo

processwire for any scale, it's awesome. an alt to this would be django cms.

for light, tiny sites, try grav cms.

>using django

Move to node already, old man.

because everything that comes out of wordpress is garbage
why do you even need hand holding when creating websites is so fucking easy, you don't even need a brain to write HTML, CSS, JS, PHP for a website

Check the wikipedia page. The security flaw section takes up most of the page.

eleventh hour
eleventh day
eleventh month
lest we forget

So, what is the best alternative? I mean, apart from making it yourself. I just need something for a sort of development blog for shit nobody will ever care about.

It was between this and tumblr.

I need to maintain the damn thing otherwise script kiddies end up hacking it.

You don't tell the client how you build the site, they don't care and don't know shit but WordPress sounds unprofessional even if it isn't.
Then you procede to install WordPress, buy a good theme (enfold, bridge, etc.) and you are good to go.
1/2 days of work, 3 or 4 calls and 1500 € in your pocket.

This

WordPress is great if you know how to code

Only idiots who call themselves developers but do nothing but install 3rd party plugins have insecure sites.

>WordPress is great if you know how to code
Do you have any good guides how to make a good WP site from scratch? I just started learning PHP and want to learn WP and Symfony along.
I'm fairly new to anything beyond pajeet monkey Java and Perl school, so please no bully.

It's already been replaced with tumblr

Wordpress is a mess, ever looked at one of the plugins code? It's babbys' first CS assignment.

It's the wild west and while it's quick to throw together some smaller pages in it I'd never even think about building something larger with it.

Go with Wordpress if you don't have much time and want a single-user blog.
Otherwise you have Drupal if you need more customization.

>security holes
>good luck with translation
>can't even get their website right
>hipstershit garbage light framework instead of rich framework for cms replacement
>not using either a static website generator or a rich framework based solution instead

Also, to fit into this thread, let me add some additional cancer:
>typo3

oh look another
>look at me im leet i have anime background terminal

It's a fuckign blog
it's not supposed to be complicated