Who makes the most reliable hard drives today?

Who makes the most reliable hard drives today?

apple

Apple doesn't make hard drive you retard

of course they do, their hardware is always the best

2016 MacBook Pro's SSD.

HDD or SSD?

whatever apple makes, theyre the best

Apple's hard drives are supplied by Seagate.

stfu jaree, I hate you

uhh no apple makes all their own stuff that's why it's so good

HDD

SSD for OS and HDD for everything else

>SSD in OP
>Wants HDD
>what does he mean?

The only hardware apple ever made are aluminum cases.

HGST, obviously.

WD, HGST and Toshiba

pic is unrelated, just looking for new hard drive.

Western Digital

The company I'm using and nobody

this

1. WD

2. HGST

3.toshiba (try to go with above two)

Apple

(You)

You took the bait man, you should never take the bait.
(you)

1. HGST
2. Toshiba
3. Seagate
4. Uncle Bob's Taco Stand and Hard drives
5. Western Clickital.

Why is WD so bad? I bought a caviar blue 1tb from them a while ago, did I fuck up?

No, they're color/caviar series are generally pretty good. They're eons ahead of seagate though. Usually just bought for brand name

Fell for the HGST meme a year ago, I dont regret it. It makes a good storage disk for my T420. I have my OS on an 850 evo mSATA though for that 5 second boot time in Xubuntu.

m.2 for os ssd for games and programs hdd for everything else

>Why is WD so bad?

they're not, backblaze only bought a few thousand wd reds (which are pretty fucking horrendous and you should probably avoid them) and now everyone is losing their shit

it's not even comparable to segate 3tbs which to be fair were a new technology on the cusp of the flooding in taiwan so they were being manufactured in a shitty second rate plant

Curical makes best SSD
the best hard drive i ever had was a seagate next was HGST last is WD.

I've never in my life had a good WD drive like ever they always die on the warrantry date REE~

>wd re fucking horrendous
Why/source?

*red

삼성

No, they don't you retarded fucker.

>SSD
Intel
>HDD
HGST

>Curical makes best SSD
0/10

i just got a 525 gb crucial ssd to replace the hdd on my trusty laptop

glad to hear they are good, i didn't do a lot of (any) research before I pulled the trigger on ebay

loving how fast laptop boots and how quiet it is.

honestly, with as cheap as these things are (i paid 130 for 525 gb) who gives a shit how reliable they are

I don't have any important data and if I did i would take measures to back it up whether I used an ssd or hdd

I recognize your tripcode and I have to throw it in there that Dell Latitude > HP Elitebook

stay mad ;)

>glad to hear they are good,
they aren't. They're generic MLC consumer garbage. Fucking warranty alone gives it away. Even among consumer SSDs, you'd be far better off with something like a samsung x50 pro (10-year warranty)

Of course, everything on the consumer level pales in comparison to enterprise / SLC SSDs (e.g. intel)

what makes them better besides warranty? there's no way I'll be using this laptop/ssd in 10 years anyways

>what makes them better besides warranty?
reduced MTBF, reduced URE rate, better performance, orders of magnitude improved write endurance, need I go on?

i looked at the samsung equivalents of my SSD and the crucial's price was 61 percent of the samsung price, and on the benchmark comparison the samsung outperforms it by 40 percent

not even sure if the better performance would be palpable on my computer. laptop with ddr3 ram, i5 with integrated graphics, not really a powerhouse supercomputer and honestly everything I do on it (internet, word processing, steal music/movies) it does fast as fuck and was fast as fuck with the old HDD

the only noticeable difference since I put in the SSD is boot speed and it's quieter

I believe all hard drives has a soul that has a compatibility with every person. You have to find which one is reliable for you and stick with it.

My first harddrive came with an old IBM pc I had when I was a kid. I didn't know it was a Seagate until I learned how computers worked and disassembled the PC out of curiosity. I still have the drive but I cannot use it now because my board doesn't have the interface for it.

I have been buying Seagate internal HDDs for years, not one of them ever failed on me. Only replaced for bigger storage capacity.

I tried a WD once when my local shop ran out of Seagates and was in a hurry to buy one. It failed in a few months. I took out the old Seagates to use as temporary storage until I could earn enough money to buy a replacement. I have also tried Hitachi, same fate, we just weren't meant to be.

I have an external Seagate that I got as a gift more than 5 years ago and I'm still using it now. I have brought it with me a lot of times while going to different places, rode a car, bus, train and plane. It's still working and no sign of dying.
A year ago I bought an external Toshiba, it died half a year later. It only ever stayed at home when it was still alive. It is now a paperweight.

I'm no Seagate fan, I do believe in stories of Seagate HDDs failing in online shop reviews, but I'm probably stuck with this brand.

No, i've had blue caviar for several years without any signs of failure.

>Sandisk
>reliable

and the Samsung MLC based 840pro is the winner

You just voided your warranty. Apple have made the harddisk for everyone who have not voided their warranty by opening it. It's a security feature that they turn into seagate hardisks when you open your apple computer. So that people can't steal the secrets for how good the apple HDs are.

Crucial Ballistix Pro Evo Gaming Dominator Xfire Advanced SSD

This x9001
I have a 650mb Hitachi from 2007 that still works.

I've bought two seagates and both have failed. I have two WD and a hitatchi drives that are still kicking.

irrc seagate had to mass recall a shit ton of their drives because they were bricking like crazy.

Meanwhile the 850 and 950 series each dramatically improve on the 840's longevity

And SLC NAND is an order of magnitude above those, too

What model WD should I get for the lowest chance of failure that's 2tb or above?

Black, Re, or Gold
Enjoy the noise, Nigga

Mine fucked up within a month. I hope your luck is better.

Have to agree with this

Had 3 segates fail after a year each
Still have a 20gb hitachi that works, must be nearly 15 years old
Currently using some toshibas and a samsung 950

>tfw no 2TB SSD at 100$

Then why did my MBP originally come with a Samsung drive?

my 3tb seagate started clicking and now about 10% of all my data is corrupt. is there anyway to fix it? i think the heads are stuck. i don't care about the data on it, i just want to fix it

Quantum of course.

I have a mix of Dell everything at work. Only 2 HDs I've had fail in the last 2 years were both 500G WD Blues just out of warranty.