Tech Bubble

What does Sup Forums think about tech bubble?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/adambain/status/796473328722550785
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well if it's only one site that fails, I'm happy for it to be Twitter.

Bumping for interest. I don't think the tech industry as a whole is a bubble but the current rate of progress simply isn't sustainable. I don't necessarily think a crash is coming, but there will be fallout in 5-10 years.

Hypothetically however I could forsee an economic crash not entirely because ofbthe tech bubble but spurred by it. China for example has a very delicate growth economy right now that is unsustainable, a crash of the tech industry could subsequently cause the crash of the Chinese market which would have Absolutely catastrophic effects across world economy

Nah, as for the current tech 'bubble' even if it's just a silly app, it's still has lot more substance than the dotcom boom era businesses. For example, in 1999, yahoo bought broadcast.com with 5.7billion, what did they get? A domain name. 5.7 billion dollar domain name.

broadcast.com

It definitely didnt go down 40% because of vine retirement, more like 1%. It fluctuated a bit before then because of buyout speculation proven false.

>made a twitter a few months ago
>still no followers
>when I talk to people they ignore me
>tfw nobody liked my picture of my cat
Fuck this dumb network.

;_;

Go to reddit and collect the carma you deserve.

It's going to collapse spectacularly. Twitter is the beginning.

Angels and idiots can't keep investing forever.

But other websites actually have a business plan/income, they arent just being propped up by investors. This isn't like the runaway boom in the 90s, if you think it is you are obviously too young to remember

The Japanese found out they can use twitter for free.

No, I like the idea of a slice-of-life blogging platform.

The Japanese are incredibly heavy users of Twitter. I followed one Japanese person and they spammed my timeline, often with short phrases, single words, corrections to previous posts, etc.

The sooner the social media disease dies the better.

How the fuck can a person even monetize twitter?

Not relevant, but interesting.

Ads, highlighted posts and so. Baby duck syndrome can save their ass. I doubt it will disappear. Even pic related exist.

>assigning billions of dollars of worth to websites that don't actually offer anything

No one should be surprised

I never understood why twitter as an 'app' was necessary. I always thought it would be so much better if it was a protocol that any app could hook into and any server could broadcast shitty 140 character one-way messages from.

when a business is solely based on its user count as its selling point while barely making money you can't really be surprised it crumbles

At the time it was interesting and was a meld between full on blogging and a myspace/facebook deal before facebook really became what it is today.
Now it just doesn't serve a purpose other than following celebrities and 'trends' while also having almost no real way of pulling in money other than ads.

Post pictures of your cat, user.

Twitter is a media company, not a tech company.

Based almost exclusively on advertising.

autism

A lot of these companies are flush with dosh and/or have huge userbases. That won't disappear overnight. It's not the same as the 80s.

It's bursting will lead trump to remake America as a manufacturing industrial hellscape. so we got that goin for us

>Really dislike twitter and their staff
>Can't help but still use their service because doujinshi artists use it

what the fuck do you expect? It's a public company that hardly makes any money, if it turns a profit at all.

>Twitter's COO [Adam Bain] quits
Sauce: twitter.com/adambain/status/796473328722550785

Many big US companies secretly hanging on goverment live support for several years now. For example with ad or military money. It was Obamas secret plan to build an IT monopoly by killing international competition. (Do you realy think US can compete with india because we are much smarter?). But the plan to make the world dumb and dependent is not finished yet. The reason why "democrats" now send their retarded slaves to the streets is to show the clown (trump) what happens if he not gives in(Instead of saving the mony). Bad relations to europe would mean another competitor that also knows the game of cartels and corruption. Assange will tell you the rest of the story.

Similar
>except its gay BDSM puppy play

California double BTFO

does anyone honestly believe twitter is going to file for bankruptcy/collapse? i don't. the question then is whether they'll find a way to rebound, and if so whether it's worth taking money out of other stocks to invest in TWTR.

i have some stock in AAPL and kind of expect the value to go up when they announce the current quarter's earnings. the release of the new MBP evidently opened up the floodgates on a lot of macfags who were waiting to upgrade.

Cuxit!

A bunch of famous people have blocked me on Twitter, even got a few replies and PMs out of the fucks.

does this feel like a success to you?

you should ask your dad (if you know who your dad is) what he was doing when he was your age. gauge that against "i've driven a bunch of people to make 2 clicks in response to stuff i've said"