>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-Side-printed-Top-printed-Blank-for-PBT-37-Keycaps-plus-Spacebar-Keycap-Puller-Rainbow/32764054196.html
aliexpress.com/item/104-Key-PBT-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cover-Colorful-Translucent-Keycaps-for-Cherry-MX-Switches-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard/32742539470.html
massdrop.com/buy/xmit-hall-effect-mechanical-keyboard
youtube.com/watch?v=5wlhOctBmFk
ebay.com/itm/282252253336?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2648
easyzone.fi/
exertis.se/start/sv/
inet.se/
teraset.net/index.php
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/35uy60/guide_howto_program_your_pok3r_programming_layers/
world.taobao.com/item/521127454892.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-3817085419.97.zADO6D
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1933
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1930
amazon.com/Velocifire-Mechanical-Keyboard-Illuminated-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01M0QEYR4/ref=sxts_k2p_hero1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2668835602&pd_rd_wg=07R7z&pf_rd_r=Z0N6A7XM0M3SYA3NK58R&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B01M0QEYR4&pd_rd_w=RPWOh&pf_rd_i=brown switch keyboard&pd_rd_r=AZBGXM3VEA6ES0TNT900&ie=UTF8&qid=1478899334&sr=1
amazon.com/ENHANCE-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlighting-Switches/dp/B01K8Y6MNQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1478899334&sr=8-10&keywords=brown switch keyboard
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

only waiting for the stabilizers and then i'm good to go

What exactly is the point in soldering your own keyboard together? Seems to be a hassle getting decent parts.

It's not that hard unless you want a custom plate, case and/or pcb.

I'm still trying to figure out how to design a decent acrylic and alu sandwich case I can get cut so I can make the keyboard I really want.

most 60% boards like the poker are not fully programmable and don't support exotic layouts.
i started this build because i wanted a board to put my OG cherry dyesubs on, which is ISO and has 1.5u modifiers

New to mkb, thinking of buying either Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro L or Steelseries Apex M500.

Which would you recommend?

Fun

where can I get some cheap keycaps?
the chinese are trying to jew out like 40 bucks for a set and I'm 100% sure the chinese caps aren't worth that much since some of them are selling 37 keycap sets for like 4 bucks

aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-Side-printed-Top-printed-Blank-for-PBT-37-Keycaps-plus-Spacebar-Keycap-Puller-Rainbow/32764054196.html

aliexpress.com/item/104-Key-PBT-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cover-Colorful-Translucent-Keycaps-for-Cherry-MX-Switches-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard/32742539470.html

these are pretty cheap too for a 104-set but the colors are disgusting.
I'm sure around 10 bucks would be the real price for something like this in china

threadly reminder that the best keyboard ever made uses rubber dome.

Dear /mkg/,

I ordered a Pok3r keyboard, mistakenly thinking it was the Pok3r III. Did I fuck up? Is the original Pok3r a shit? It hasn't arrived yet.

>massdrop.com/buy/xmit-hall-effect-mechanical-keyboard

What the fuck is a hall switch?

The best keyboards are ibms with beamsprings

Why do you have that weird-ass picture in a plastic frame?

Fuckin' magnets

Magnetic sensor. It's a non-contact switch used in industrial environments.

its a magnet that trips a sensor. They are more reliable then cherry switches due to the simplicity. Old Hall effect switches found on Honeywell keyboards had a life cycle of 30,000,000,000 compared to the 50,000,000 on cherry. These ones aren't as good I can grantee you, but I won't be surprised if they last longer then cherry again due to their simplicity

>Sup Forums doesn't recognise a CD album

Holy fuck they weren't kidding when they said Sup Forums was the most autistic board.

doesnt recognize an obvious troll

Reminder that if your keysboard has colours other than black, white or grey or as has backlighting that isnt white, you are absolute pleb tier.

pok3r == poker III

lol fuck off newfag

how do i order the aluminum tada case from taobo

>Pok3r III
>Poker 3 3
Thanks for the chuckle.

if its in stock then use an agent like:

taobaotrends.com

My keyboard has all of those things

Though I'm using my Ducky Shine 4 with translucent PBT caps at work. Needless to say, the backlight is on all the time.

wew lad 4 dubs in a row. I won't leave those unchecked

I would recommend a Unicomp Model M, but you're probably better off going with what works best for you personally.

I currently have mx browns and I want to switch to clears. Do they have the same scratchy/sandy feeling like browns? They seem to work the same just with harder springs right?

Only thing about any Model M is that its only 2kro(not including modifiers afaik) wich is really bad for gaming, thats why i had to get a Model F.

I recommend you to go to you local tech store, they usually have many keyboards you can try out and find a switch you like.
If you know what switch you like it becomes much easier to find a keyboard you would like.

I myself recently bought an Noppo Lolita Spyder with brown switches, I think it's pretty good.

Personally I'd wait until Black Friday/ Cyber Monday before buying a keyboard.

No if you have no patience you can get a ducky shine 5 for the same price as the cooler master, and it comes with much higher quality doubleshot keycaps compared to the laser etched ones on the CM board. Apex m500 is decent.

compared to browns, clears have an extended tactile bump

ah i see thanks

Best keyboard in the world incoming

You posted the wrong image.

Here, let me help you with that.

wrong see

Topre isn't even close to being on the same page as a beamspring.

You're using a glorified rubber dome.

youtube.com/watch?v=5wlhOctBmFk

You sure have trouble with names, don't you? You got it all the wrong way around.

those are some greasy caps

Obvious troll.

Enjoy your domes :) I've had BTC sliders that feel better kek

lol I seriously didn't know. OK cool. I emailed mechanicalkeyboards and the reply I got only confused me more when the guy explained "that I ordered a Pok3r and that they don't produce Pok3r or Pok3r II's any more."

How do I program the left control to the fn key on my pok3r while keeping my caps lock as control

Have you had Topre though? :^)

I used to use a HHKB pro 2
Upgraded to a Model M, then Model F, now Beamspring.

i lost control of my life

you should have bought a BT HHKB pro2 JP

Thanks for responding guys.

Checked the pastebin and found the template for better advice

>Location (continent at least)
Sweden
>Preferred switch type
Linear. Cherry MX Black or Red, (prefer Black) [inb4 sweden jokes]
>Layout
ISO (Swedish/Nordic)
>Form factor
I need a numpad. The layouts where the arrow keys are removed and the numpad is there would be ideal.
>Backlight
Don't really use it but prefer white backlight

an HHKB Pro 2 for $150 just went on ebay

ebay.com/itm/282252253336?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2648

ratings are shit but who knows.

I thought that beam springs were linear until I tried them and I found out they are actually clicky

check out Ducky Nordic!

I can't read Swedish but I think one of these is it:

easyzone.fi/
exertis.se/start/sv/
inet.se/
teraset.net/index.php

>you get what you pay for. expect dem first LEDs to malfunction soon.

Don't really care about the LEDs, just want a clicky mech for cheap.

>I have seen the "Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro L" for under 115$ a few days ago.

That is double of the price of this keyboard.

Rebind FN to L_Ctrl, then rebind Caps to Ctrl as normal:

-Unplug your Pok3r.
-Flip DIP 4 to "on".
-Plug your Pok3r back in and be VERY CAREFUL. Mistakes here usually require you to reset your layer, losing all that stuff you did before.
-First press Fn. Then press L_Ctrl. (That L_Ctrl key is now bound to Fn.)
-Now press Pn. Then press Pn again, assuming you don't want to move it. If you want to move it, then press that key instead.
-SUPER CRITICAL NOTE: Once you've flipped DIP 4, you must bind both Fn and Pn or else you can end up with one of them completely unbound which will require a reset of ALL layers. Hold both ALT keys for 5 seconds until the LED stops blinking.
-Now flip DIP 4 back to "off".
T-est your shit and make sure that works!
ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you move your Fn to L_Ctrl, your "real" Fn key will automatically function as a Win key. In the case that you move your Pn key, it gets replaced by an App key. For a more complete expansion on what's happening here, see spoonraker's helpful comment.

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/35uy60/guide_howto_program_your_pok3r_programming_layers/

>The layouts where the arrow keys are removed and the numpad is there would be ideal.
You can get Korean customs like the duck Lightsaver (pic related), but those are expensive. The RS model F is also similar and its cheaper, but you'd have to source the parts from china

world.taobao.com/item/521127454892.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-3817085419.97.zADO6D

i am also interested in more or less same thing (mx browns or clears)

very much this tho
>Form factor
I need a numpad. The layouts where the arrow keys are removed and the numpad is there would be ideal.

I'm also Swedish and can use the UK layout on my Spyder with close to no problems. But I guess the Spyder isn't for you if you need the numpad.

I have heard that Kailh/Gaterons actually has better switches than Cherry when it comes to reds at least, so I wouldn't be discouraged if I found one with them.

no numpad sempai

seems complicated but the lightsaver v2 looks fucking amazing

I found that the cooler master masterkeys pro m seems to fit the bill (pic)

Does cooler master make good stuff? I take it it's ABS?

>no numpad sempai
then get one with a numpad its not that hard user.

that spacebar aids tho

oh yayy this argument again!

It comes with an extra one

Sup Forums why are you still not using Topre?

Too expensive. I'd rather stick with the knockoffs

Because they're inferior to alps and buckling springs.

Because I prefer mechanical keyboards.

Who in their right mind pays $200+ for rubber domes

who in the right mind pays for $1000 OTD keyboards

the same people who buy topre

Don't know anyone who has one, not gonna drop 300 bucks on a keyboard I have no idea I will even like. Also a plastic case for a board this expensive is unacceptable.
I'll stick to my custom planck with god tier 65g zealios.

thats.... true.

I have zealios 65g as well on my orion v2.

But compared to a Cherry ergo clear switch on my octagon, zealios feels shittier and wobbly.

Zealios have only ever felt wobbly to me when using SA caps, otherwise they're quite perfect. I despise how tight of a fit mx clears are

>I despise how tight of a fit mx clears are
what do you mean by this?

They are notoriously tight compared to other cherry stems. I always put lube on caps i put on cherry clears.

why does this even matter? just be careful when you remove the caps so you don't break the switch?

Yeah but its even easier if theres lube, the lube is just for easy removal not performance or anything jesus christ

I've literally pulled the stem out of the housing before when I wanted to remove caps from my board with mx clears.

despise seemed like such a harsh word for just harder removal.

Damn you /mkg/
Clacking up my CS class

How am I doing?

fucking legend

not bad for a chink

>Budget
$60

>Location (continent at least)
Trumpland

>Preferred switch type
Tactile non-clicky

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
100%

>Backlight
Optional, blue or white

>Previous/current keyboards
Dell L100; no prior mech experience

respect this guy !

If you have the patience wait for black friday, otherwise:

these two are the same keyboard, one has a blue backlight while the other is white
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1933
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1930

amazon.com/Velocifire-Mechanical-Keyboard-Illuminated-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01M0QEYR4/ref=sxts_k2p_hero1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2668835602&pd_rd_wg=07R7z&pf_rd_r=Z0N6A7XM0M3SYA3NK58R&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B01M0QEYR4&pd_rd_w=RPWOh&pf_rd_i=brown switch keyboard&pd_rd_r=AZBGXM3VEA6ES0TNT900&ie=UTF8&qid=1478899334&sr=1

amazon.com/ENHANCE-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlighting-Switches/dp/B01K8Y6MNQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1478899334&sr=8-10&keywords=brown switch keyboard

Fuckin' miracles.

/mkg/ what have you done to me? Just bought my 3rd keyboard still waiting on one from massdrop, and I'm still thinking about picking up a 60% one too.

My wallet hates you

>corsair

I'm pretty sure we didnt do anything to you.

>corsair
no user your wallet hates you

you should hate yourself for being so stupid

First of all /mkg/ shits all over corsair products so I have no idea where you got that from.

Is this chinky keyboard any good? I'm thinking of buying one.

>small meme you have there OP

Got this(the keyboard) during the week, feels pretty nice and looks good. It's my first mechanical and overall I'm happy with it.
It's quite loud though even though it's the brown switches, does those o-rings help much with the sound?

fucking kill yourself you meme'd out faggot. NMH sucks nigger cocks and so does your gay-ass fucking keyboard. Next time get one with a fucking numpad, retard. You paid extra money for less fuctionality dipshit, might as well go all out and buy a fucking Macbook.

>does those o-rings help much with the sound?
yea but they dont feel good

Cheap, you can swap switches really easily, brushed aluminum case, works well. I wanted a new keyboard with gateron Clears and it was the quickest/cheapest/easiest way. It's good

The keyboard was pretty much the cheapest one I found, so didn't really paid extra for it.

So you wouldn't recommend them then?

>So you wouldn't recommend them then?
i don't like them at all and i never really hear people that do either but they are quite cheap so why not try it out?