Sup Forums I woke up today and went to start up my twitch stream and my webcam wasn't working...

Sup Forums I woke up today and went to start up my twitch stream and my webcam wasn't working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a few times and it didn't fix the issue but my headset also stopped working in the process. They're both logitech brand, anyone know of a fix?

yes, try killing yourself and reading the sticky.

Kill yourself
This is not your personal tech support

Shove it up your ass, fag

I know it's not my personal tech support but I don't have anywhere else to go. I could really use some help, if anyone has any insight please take a minute and give me a hand.

Call geeksquad, you special ed motherfucker

>I know it's not my personal tech support but I don't have anywhere else to go
>I know you sell orange here but i'm looking for apples for my apple pie, help me
FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>I don't have anywhere else to go
PLEASE GO

Thanks for bumping my thread guys I really appreciate it hopefully someone with some tech knowledge will see it soon.

Have you already unplugged and plugged your headset and webcam back in? I'm assuming they are both USB, right?

Get banned porkchop

IMMA BUMP YOUR MUM AFTERWARDS

PLEASE GO

Yeah I did, I unplugged and replugged the several times, reinstalled the drivers and other software and none of my software will recognize the webcam or headset. They were working fine for over a year up until today

Good, Kill yourself then

Did your computer update itself recently? Or did you install any new software yesterday? Do you use any uninstallers like Revo?

You might want to consider rolling your Windows install back and see what happens.

install gentoo

Gonna try a system restore I guess, I haven't changed anything besides installing sony vegas 13

If this doen't work I guess I'll reformat, thanks for helpin!

But before you do all that, do you have another computer? Try plugging your stuff into another computer to rule out a possible hardware failure.

Don't worry, apparently my system restore is fucked as well. I tested both the webcam and headset on my laptop and they work fine.

No help, kill yourself

... What's your anti-virus? I hope it isn't Webroot.

/r/techsupport

Haven't used one in several years, they're intrusive and annoying and I'm extremely careful with what I do on the internet.

Okay, I recently had a client whose computer wouldn't boot due to Webroot (I know, that's not your problem) and I couldn't do a system restore either because of it. I was curious if it was possibly screwing you over in another way.

Consider using Malwarebytes and see if you possibly have malware of some kind as well.

I ran malwarebytes, adwcleaner and roguekiller earlier and nothing out of the ordinary showed up.

the red window on OBS usually means wrong location.. atleast for the pictures

>I haven't changed anything besides installing sony vegas 13
let me guess a cracked version?

It's where my webcam normally is, I've been streamin for a few weeks and it's worked fine up until today, now it's just that red little square.

No I paid for it.

Weird.

So, no hardware failure, since the webcam and headset works on another computer.

There is clearly something wrong on the software side of things, since you cannot do a system restore. But it's not things like drivers. And no obvious signs of malware, since you scanned it.

Now, you said that your software doesn't pick up your webcam and headset. So even Windows itself doesn't pick it up? As in even in things like sound setting you cannot set them as the default device?

I didn't think of this, I hope you didn't pirate Sony Vegas OP.

Have you tried not being a faggot, yet?

Yeah windows detects them both, they show up in the device manager, when I plug it in after uninstalling the drivers it shows it reinstalled at the bottom with the correct product names and stuff.

webcam working in other programs or is it just OBS that it doesnt work in?

Do you have other software that uses this hardware? Are you able to record in Sound Recorder or Audicity? Do you use things like Skype, and if you do, does your webcam work then?

Try deleting the source and re-adding it

Holy shit why are people responding to this guy with help, this isnt what G is for goddamnit

report the thread as i have and remember to sage

Sup Forums is now the new reddit, get with the times gramps, we actually help people here now.

It won't work with any programs at all, I even installed the logitech photo capture software and when I attempt to do photo capture the program throws up an error and crashes

Skype won't detect my webcam now, but it did before,

This was one of my first thoughts as well but it didn't work for me.

>implying Sup Forums is good or serves much of a purpose anymore

This thread is honestly better than the other 90% of threads here, m8.

Get aids you stupid gaymur piece of shit

Check the drivers, if no help... new webcam.