>>it's unstable
Never crashed for me
>>it's ugly
I like the futuristic blocky look
>>it's a clusterfuck
what does this mean?
>>it's designed and programmed by indians
source?

it's not a meme when they are datamining you and selling the data to advertisers and governments

is cool

It really isn't bad at all. You definitely have to uninstall bloat from it, but that takes about the same amount of time as setting some shit up in linux.

Its ASSSS shit and all these gay ass "muh daddy bought me battle stations" fagz all have fucking windows 10.

>the botnet meme?
About as real of a meme as Trump's presidency.

Go look into the kinds of shit 10 sends to Microsoft, which include but aren't limited to
>Screenshots of your desktop
>The shit you type
>The shit you look up on a regular basis

The only real reason to use it is DirectX 12, which won't become fully implemented for a long time to come. So unless you play anything other than League of Legends or something that utilizes the Vulkan API, there's literally no reason to use Windows 10 over 7 or Linux.

Whats wrong with that? Its not like you have anything to hide.

It's closed source proprietary cuckware that doesn't respect your freedom.

Fuck, dx12 and vulkan are literally the only reason i got an rx480 instead of an gtx1060.

You can still utilize Vulkan on other platforms, you just won't be able to utilize Dx12 since it's proprietary to 10.

>2 control panels

not an arguement

It's not. It's the best Windows since Vista.

Yeah it has predictive search just like every browser from the past 10 years. Fucking spies.

took me literally 3 minutes to download a tool that blocks telemetry in the hosts file

So i should just instal 7U right now and later upgrade when i absolutely have to play a game on DX12?

It literally has a keylogger. Just stop.

>implying Google and Facebook don't already know everything about you

Since I installed Windows 10 (big a** mistake) i have been having issues with this, I m really very disappointed, and very frustrated, all is a problem with windows 10, first the AMD driver problem, then the reboot loop, now the Xbox App stops to work and shows an error code 0x3fb, and no one knows why and how to repair this, I really dont know why microsoft is doing this things, microsoft had enough time to test windows 10 and release a good product, instead of that, microsoft released a mediocre software.
Every day I sit in front of my PC I found a new problem with Windows 10,
each new version of windows is worse than the last.
Are you, guys of microsoft, trying to destroy the company?
because That is what it seems, this is the reason why many companies are trying to change all the microsoft products to another, believe me, if you still doing a mediocre work on your software you will going to fail as the same way you are failing on mobile environments.

Ultimate is bloat. Never get ultimate, always get the version that suits your needs.

Shitty, oversimplified settings app, which in reality is exactly what appeals to normal users.

Lack of out-of-the-box customization without 3rd-party software like Classic Shell.
>inb4 accent colors meme

Default automatic updates, which is only really a problem because autists can't google how to fucking disable it.

Inconsistent UI, which is unacceptable for a company like Microsoft to spew out.

Shit does actually break.
>B-but user, it hasn't happened to me! :^)
I don't care if it hasn't happened to you, personal anecdotes are no replacement for an actual argument.

XBox app being shoehorned into Windows, which you have to uninstall through Powershell because they give you no option to uninstall it through GUI.

Have to jump through a hoop just to disable Cortana, which Microsoft was once again late to concerning voice assistants.

New users won't know the first thing about disabling all of the shitty settings, and as much as I hate tech-illiterate people, is scummy on Microsoft's behalf to:

1.) Always have bullshit like telemetry on by default

2.) Rarely, if ever, indicate to the user where to find these settings, so that they have a say in what information Microsoft takes to whore out.

I don't care if you use Windows 10, it has its uses, and it works for what it was made for. Even I use it, begrudgingly. That doesn't mean I can't think its total shit,

It's not.

The problem is, you're asking on Sup Forums. Ask r/technology on Reddit. Here, all you'll get is freetards whining about telemetry, calling it a botnet (because Sup Forums has no idea what a botnet actually is) and anyone that posts anything favorable about it is instantly a pajeet shilling for Microsoft. You'll only get retarded meme spewing and parroting of shit that is either untrue, or only partially true, from a bunch of NEET losers.

>He thinks it's that easy

this desu

It is a meme when that isn't what a botnet is at all. Because it's an alternate definition of a word based on board culture and social environment, it's *exactly* what a meme is.

they aren't paying me for the data

kernel performance is not something anyone actually cares about

why is r/technology's point of view correct?

>>telemetry
Blocked via host file, upgrades disabled in group policy, use only local account. It takes 20 min to disable telemetry.

>>it's unstable
Only had maybe 2 crashes until now. After I disabled all upgrades it became completely stable.

>>it's ugly
I like it, it's not infantile or feminine like macOS

>>it's a clusterfuck
Settings are kinda spread thru different utilities, but if you know what you are doing you're fine.

>>it's designed and programmed by indians
I doubt it. Lots of Romanian programmers work at Microsoft too.

>tl;dr it's shit
Linux is shit and macOS is gay.

the windows UI hasn't been consistent since they switched away from the classic theme in XP, there's still 16 bit icons and menus that crop up from time to time, that's just how it is

>a**
You can say it you know.
ass.
aaaaaaaaaaaass.

Windows is literally made for soccer moms

That was the insider build. It said that it does that in the front page.

I hate how I have to be constantly battling against its shitty processes that it keeps spawning to steal 99% of my disk usage and sometimes my CPU/memory usage

I installed shut up windows 10 and anti-botnet beacon, disabled cortana, disabled the firewall and security settings but every once in a while windows 10 spawns some shitty process that are unkillable from the task manager that keeps stealing my resources.

That and fucking cortana reactivating itself every other week
Seriously fuck this shitty OS and fuck you OP
An OS should be a tool that serves you, not something I need to be constantly fighting against

>I don't care if it hasn't happened to you, personal anecdotes are no replacement for an actual argument.

I don't care if it HAS happened to you, personal anecdotes are no replacement for an actual argument.

>he thinks he can block the telemetry traffic with the hosts file
there's also no reason for the settings to be spread all over the place. linux and OS X are infinitely superior to the POS that is windows 10, but any sane person still uses windows 7.

>An OS should be a tool that serves you, not something I need to be constantly fighting against

for the last 12 or so years, every single time I give in and install linux, I get sick of it in a week and revert back to windows for the exact reason that every single task in linux is a fucking chore, and one misconfiguration or installing the wrong package just absolutely fucks everything up.

It's not that it's necessarily correct, you'll just get actual answers rather than "it doesn't respect your freedoms" or "install gentoo" or "pajeet pls go", poo in loo, etc.

If you want trolling, baiting, and shitposting come to Sup Forums

If you want actual discussion about technology, go to Reddit.

>telemetry
Actually useful for using multiple devices.

>it's unstable
Seriously, why is this a meme? I've only had it crash because I didn't have the graphics driver installed yet. Since then it is stable.

>it's ugly
I like it, but the declaration is subjective

>it's a clusterfuck
Yes. Yes it is.

>it's designed and programmed by Indians
It's actually not that bad. It is inconsistent with menus, but it is actually pretty stable and fast.
Have you ever wondered why it uses so much ram? It's caching.
That's why it runs fine on an HP stream.

Are you really in such a defense for using a hipster or faggot OS?
Do people like you need to do this?

>An OS should be a tool that serves you
with windows 10, the user is a tool that serves microsoft

Forgot to mention that all old directX games that I used to run perfectly smoothly on Windows 7 now all run like absolute shit

Even on my linux dual boot they run perfectly well, now I have to boot into linux to PLAY GAMES
Defend this pajeets

how exactly is telemetry useful for you, the user?

>not unstable
>try to open microphone settings
>the program always crashes
how is it fast anyway? I couldn't see any difference compared to 7 at best, but on some laptops that automatically upgraded themselves, 10 is painfully slow.

As long as there's karma system I'll avoid it like cancer. There's a lot of shitposting in Sup Forums but also a lot of valuable conversation. Everything you disagree with is not necessarily shitposting. For some people "freedoms" is a very important quality so disgarding it as shitposting is just lazy on your part.

Well I been watching the processes in task manager and all processes related to upgrading don't spawn anymore.

The store stopped working after blocking Microsoft domains in the host file. Cortana also doesn't work because it can't call home.

So the host domain blocking method definitely works if you know all the domains you need ti block. Also you have to disable that built-in DNS client which can bypass your host file and uses hardcoded domains.

Once you do that enjoy your fully functional windows, free of any unwanted background processes or upgrades.

How can you possibly know all the microsoft domains?

in the end you'll just be running a very insecure OS since there are no security updates. at least with windows 7 you can block the telemetry but still receive security updates.

Check the web, there's a big list and it's legit, if you block those Win 10 just can't call home.

Also forgot to mention that most emulators I use all run better with their Linux port
Dolphin 4.0 on windows gives sound stutters and randomly crashes when too much time passes, meanwhile the same emulator runs perfectly well on Linux.

Only reason I didn't do the full switch is because of modern vidya suport.

Seriously how much is Microsoft paying you to shill this nightmare OS?

Who are the soccer moms?

W10 is halfbaked shit.

1 rupee per post

You can do security upgrades manually. Download them and install.

it just is

There are valid reasons to use ultimate though.I use Applocker (secpol SRP sucks.) though. Bloat can be removed through slipstreaming, and manual take ownership+deletion in the various folders such as system32. I don't need stuff like helppane.exe or hh.exe, they go right into the Recycle Bin.
It is more of a case of a more extensive inconsistency of icons.

>telemetry
yes
>it's unstable
never crashed so far
>it's ugly
I like it
>it's a clusterfuck
no
>it's designed and programmed by indians
That's racist bro

>Projecting he has one

you have to go back, rajesh

Nice try NSA shill

You can't disable the telemetry. Microsoft has confirmed this. Lurk moar.

Who the fuck can like this? Even Gnome 3 is better. Everything, even the logo is messed up.

>telemetry
What about it? Do you even know what it does?
>it's unstable
That's so easy to say for any OS. It never crashed for me.
>it's ugly
That is subjective, I prefer it over 7 and 8.
>It's a clusterfuck
Elaborate.
>it's designed and programmed by indians
What OS isn't? Linux is made by some basement dweller and OSX is full of pajeets too.
>tl;dr
Your post is not long at all, the real tl;dr is that you're mentally ill and you should seek help.

>Blocked via host file.
There are proofs that it bypasses hosts files.

Am I safe from the botnet if I run Windows 10 in a VM?
I need to do some development, but Microsoft dropped support for Windows 7 and requires Windows 10 to be installed.

It would only be used for development.

Vulkan works well in Wine since it was designed to be cross-platform.

If you're paranoid about botnet don't use it in a VM. If you don't support this kind of software using it in a VM won't make it not count.

>hosts file
Nice one. You get to look through registry values that explicitly ignore the hosts file because of this workaround. Do you feel accomplished?

If the game is made with Vulkan for graphics might as well make it fully cross-platform and wine is not even needed

>implying anyone wants web results when searching their computer
Sorry, that wasn't quite good enough. You only get 0.002 rupees for that post.

Fuck bethesda.

If it's offline it's ok, if it's online filter any communication with something like wireshark and blocking IPs

It was designed for turning normies into cucks.

you seem mad. soon you'll be deported back to calcutta to shit on the streets, sanjay.

>Are you, guys of microsoft, trying to destroy the company?
The upper management is now all Indian. Indians don't know dick about the American market. They've made some gains with Azure but W10 is complete shit. Their only potential salvation will be to start selling components as pieces of software to run on other operating systems: i.e. Active Directory Server for Linux

Telemetry cannot be disabled on anything below Enterprise Edition. Just stop trying to defend it, Microsoft can change any part of the kernel to nullify your stupid workaround. You don't stand a chance.

>keylogger feature everywhere
>collect all your data
>collect your data when you are on your wc
>ugly
>unstable
>unsafe
>unsecure
>unwindows
>kek

>>collect your data when you are on your wc
This proofs it wasnt programmed by indians.

pic related

Yeah, but devs tend to be faggots when it comes to cross-deployment.

Pajeet just want a proof of the toilet demons.

Proof?

Not if you disable the built-in DNS client.

>What OS isn't? Linux is made by some basement dweller and OSX is full of pajeets too.
You might want to read up on what open source means. Also look up a few companies (you've probably never heard of being a NEET).
Red Hat
Apache Foundation
Canonical
IBM
Intel
AMD
Nvidia

Just to name a few code contributors to Linux.

>honest questions
>on epic Sup Forums
>expects a serious discussion

kk, then I'm gonna come over to setup my IP camera in all of your house windows to live stream to the internet. Don't worry, no one has any interest in it so you're completely safe.

Not an argument.

It's not the same.

But I have Enterprise edition. Disabling telemetry works on Pro too.

Like there's no other way this happens to datamine you. As if you're not using Google Chrome and/or signed into a Google Account right this second.

Omg you're right, I'm completely convinced. /thread

>I'm a facebook / google tech illiterate who browses Sup Forums in a tab and 10 tabs of instagram right next to it
>therefore everyone is just like me argument disproved lmao

It can only be set to Basic like Home.
Only Enterprise, LTSB(IoT Enterprise), Server and Storage Server editions can be set to Security.

You have Javascript enabled right now to post on Sup Forums you dumb nerd.

>you have to spend hours to configure it so it doesn't choke you with telemetry
>you have to spend an hour installing preferred software and drivers for your devices
>vulnerable and unstable
If you're going to spend that much time making an OS barely usable you could install Arch instead and have a better OS.

>complains about windows 10 looks
>shows technical preview
You were the special one in the family, weren't you?

So?

>implying it's better now

If they're allowed to harvest your personal data, then you should be allowed to do the same. Otherwise you're living under a tyrannical rule.