I got for free a core2duo and a 8400gs without cooler(exactly like pic related)

I got for free a core2duo and a 8400gs without cooler(exactly like pic related)
could I expect to play 1080p chink cartoons with this or I will most likely burn my house down?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/New-arrival-55mm-Aluminum-Snowhite-Cooling-Fan-Heatsink-Cooler-for-PC-Computer-CPU-VGA-Video-Card/32557026577.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/For-Intel-Xeon-L5408-2-5GHz-12M-1066-Processor-close-to-LGA771-Core-2-Quad-Q8200/1856202_32438469453.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>You can probably play videos, though I did ran some tests with a Dual core a year ago and had issues playing a video on 1080P 10 bit animay video, few stutters and lags here and there.

You'll probably want to upgrade the GPU a little but yeah the Core2 will be fine.

>without cooler
With it was meant to use with a cooler then it will burn the house down. If not then it's okay.

The cpu is enough.

who are you quoting?

Funny, that was my setup until a while ago (I replaced the gpu with a slightly more expensive, ATI). Mine didn't have a fan, either.
It plays 720p well enough..but 1080p (especially releases with elaborate typeseting - e.g. Commie, Underwater, GCM) might be pushing it.

Anyway, most anime out there isn't even produced 1080p - the 1080p releases you see are for the majority upscales.

Also, unless you're doing anything heavy - such as playing games beyond the GPU's caliber, you should be safe.

Yes it supports 1080p h.264(even when in an MKV wrapper) via hardware acceleration. So you should be all set when it comes to weeaboo shit.

Just remember to turn hardware acceleration on in your video player of choice, and install the driver of course.

I said chink cartoons just because is the common term for 1080p stuff

I managed to play 1080p video in a fucking pentium 4 with a 6800GT

Well I will try it and see what happens

You can play chinese cartoons on the onboard video with software decoding.

If you install MPV.

the 8400gs do not require a cooler, it's the air cooled design.

I'm installing the O.S it right now, will post temps (soon)

Never used it, good config for turboshit computers?

It does, however, require a heatsink.

Well if the shirt werks I can just buy this thing

aliexpress.com/item/New-arrival-55mm-Aluminum-Snowhite-Cooling-Fan-Heatsink-Cooler-for-PC-Computer-CPU-VGA-Video-Card/32557026577.html

nah i used it for a couple of years, no heatsink required it uses the passive air flow technology.

it's true listen to this guy, it works flawlessly.

Well OP here, everything werks fine but I lose GPU signal after 20-60 seconds

I guess I need a fucking heatsink

gg

get a cooler

Yeah yeah I just bought

...It needs a heatsink. It's a passive heatsink, but a heatsink all the same. Actually apparently some had fans, but it's probably not necessary.

And I can upgrade to a mod xeon too, I guess

aliexpress.com/store/product/For-Intel-Xeon-L5408-2-5GHz-12M-1066-Processor-close-to-LGA771-Core-2-Quad-Q8200/1856202_32438469453.html

With some OC bretty gud computer for less than 10€

Buy one