Firefox startup time

click firefox icon
count seconds until window appears
post result and if you are using an SSD

ie: 99 no
ie: 23 yes

this is not an specs peen thread; it is a way to share how atrocious firefox boots these days

and i start:
15 no

Other urls found in this thread:

thefreedictionary.com/goys
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=435326
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

3 no

no

4.3 no

What a thread!

just go to about:healthreport
baka

>Data Sharing ON
botnet

lol poorfag OP

3, no

four, and yes

3 seconds, no SSD

I counted to 1 and Firefox fully launched. On Windows 7 with an SSD

Why would we just take your word for it when you can post actual proof?

So either OP's Firefox is bloated as fuck or he needs a new computer

profile is on a HDD
I usually have at least 200 tabs open.
Only twice has it taken more then 10 secs

kek, opie didnt see the thread going like this

>he
did you just assume OP's gender?

Yea

Work computer #1 (Win 7):
>4.5
>Yes

Work computer #2 (Win 10):
>2
>Yes

until window appears:1 yes
until start page is rendered: 3 yes

4 for window
10 for startpage/full load
no ssd

Nice times, but whats with you font?

Yeah.. I'm using remote desktop with minimal settings at the moment.. I guess it kills font smoothing and whatever else that doesn't actually matter

On a SSD and loads my previous session (usually around 5 to 10 tabs) on startup.

1.4 yes

what are you trying to prove user?

That he's a sad poorfag

13 no
On windows it's 6 however

I do have ssd
firefox 1,7s
chrome 1,5s

the difference mostly comes from reaction time with stopping the stopwatch on my phone

dunno what you were trying to proove but it failed

OP here
there you go fellas

>my firefox is literal trash confirmed

will reset seeing this thread senpai, ty

I seriously hope that's fake. Are you using a 10 year old failing hard drive? You should reinstall the OS if it's this slow, unless it's a hardware problem. But Firefox shouldn't take more than 10 seconds to launch even on a shit 8 year-old PC (speaking from experience).

i can provide any info if you are interested

everything else works without a hitch... i think it might be a plugins situation

other than that, i have my config and extensions synced to other computers, and there it takes sub 5 seconds

warm, 1~2
cold, 4~5
SSD

now that i think about it, maybe it has to do with the helper service being delayed on launch

0,5 yes

hold shift and start firefox in safe mode, see how long it takes

3 no

literally less than a second

an extension is fucking me up hard
this thread is going to change my life forever

thank you goys

it's goyim

thefreedictionary.com/goys

goyim is the proper way to say it
you can't out-jew the Jews if you can't even Jew properly m88

goyim is literally the same as goys

my grandpa survived 27 holocausts so I think I know better than you

yes

5, SSD=yes

1~2, ssd yes

no SSD, no reinstalls

wtf this guy times are as cucked as mine
see:

One question? Cold boot or not?

If cached, then
>6 seconds
>no SSD
>Firefox ESR
>9 year old laptop
>addons: ublock, umatrix, https everywhere

What to do?

And after a system reboot (so it will be an absolute cold start) I got 8 seconds.

Confirmed both by my watch and about:healthreport page

Fix your certificate store

Firefox has always worked fine in my machines

plz elaborate

Wait wtf is this?

how to stop adobe from blocking access to sites??

uninstall this garbage, you don't need flash player

check the PC time

>adobe flash player now in charge of being antivirus software

WTF it's still here. I uninstalled all adobe products.

This is opera btw, firefox still displays this

>using opera
>having adobe shit
>using windows 10

just gtfo already

ssd but not a particularly fast one, have had around 1.5-2 seconds opening time on average for well over a year

some older addons (pre webextensions) severely affect firefox performance, adblock or its forks would add a solid second to startup time with ssds for instance

it's not that every extension that predates webextensions is bloated however, noscript for the most part has almost no performance hit compared to with it disabled so going from noscript to umatrix won't improve performance at all but going from adblock to ublock will remove a solid second from the startup time due to how bloated adblock is

a lot of the performance issues in firefox really come down to older 32-bit only builds for windows (64bit windows builds have been available for a couple of months now) and slow bloated addons rather than firefox itself

so it's definitely a case of op having an older bloated profile

glad you learned something, the people going from old bloated firefox profiles to brand new unused chrome profiles being amazed at chrome's speed are really dragging firefox's reputation into the dirt, firefox is objectively slower but it shouldn't be too noticeable on modern pc hardware

click advanced so we can see the cert error, as far as goes you need to go to firefox options then advanced then certificates but it's probably way over your head and you should reinstall firefox

That's your own fault for using an OS that quits applications when their windows are getting closed.

Windows aren't applications. Get that in your head.

It's not my laptop it's my mums. She ends up doing insanely stupid things by "accident" like uninstalling office while trying to change the default language to British English.

I did, it's a sec_error_unkown_issuer

Looks like my mum installed something or did something, so some program is trying to redirect youtube and facebook urls to thisto """"""update flash player"""""""

>not having his own laptop

I do have a laptop, i'm trying to fix her laptop right now.

Then what are you doing here?

he's too dumb to use google

Here you go. The first one is the start up time completely anew (after reboot).
And the second number is when the firefox closed, the process deceased, and then started again.

13 no

Using Linux Mint on Sandy Bridge i3 with 8GB RAM

Werks for me.

i literally started using edge because of the horrible boot times

will trash and resync my profile tomorrow

thanks for the info

8 seconds until the window is actually usable
yes

if you can, check the health report after creating the new profile then again every few addons

unfortunately some addons are ridiculous for it, as well as adblock (it genuinely may be better now but ublock origin is far superior) I've experienced a user agent swapper that was horrendous for boot times

it's a real pain in the ass finding a useful extension only to realise it makes the browser shit the bed

>chromium
>2 no
fucking firefags never learn

I want to switch to Chromium but there are so few add-ons. Do you know any good ones I can sideload like YouTube Center?

1.5, no

you need to lrn 2 computer

Would completely depend on which add-on's extensions you had

Too bad I can't adjust the scale.
Yes. samsung evo 850.

R E K T
E
K
T

life is pain

What in the fuck?

I am so fucked...

Thanks for pointing out the obvious

If you're on SSD why is it so slow?

I'm still sitting on a couple EVO 850 500Gb to install on my one machine. Glad to see confirmation of their greatness as well as price.

I get that at work, since they issue their own certs.
Firefox doesn't use the Windows Cert Store (there is a BETA option for it in Firefox 49, though), which is why that happens.

I also built a fresh system and everything. I guess that this might help with the low loading times.

all browsers are slow to start.

any that aren't are daemonized and running in the background.

Browsers are pretty much more complex than fucking operating systems. it's not all that surprising loading about 100+ MB of libs into memory is slow.

2.1 yes

Mine is using an OCZ Vertex 3 60Gb and has been running Winbaby7 since 2011 or so 2500k i5 16Gb Ram (pictured in ). It's not fresh by any measure kek. My other rig is 4690k with my other vertex 3 60Gb but waiting to install the 850's. Same startups but running Manjaro w/ Xfce. FF is pretty gud. Chrome is hot garbage.

On a cheap and relatively old laptop

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2620M @ 2.70GHz 55 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 161C (CPU 1) 53 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series (HP) 53 °C
Storage
149GB INTEL SSDSA2M160G2LE ATA Device (SSD)

I also have like 15 addons, 30 userstyles, 10 userscripts.

Near instant, Intel 530 SSD

Did you even read his post?

Quick question, it's just me or changing the "highlight all" from "Alt + A" to "Alt + L" makes everything more uncomfortable?

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=435326
Already landed on nightly.

Considering most folks should be used to performing these keyboard shortcuts with their left hand already I can say no you're not alone. Copy, paste, cut, and highlight all on one hand.

I've never used that before, I always use ^a. It that not possible on mac?
either way, it definitely is less comfortable because now you need two hands on the keyboard instead of one.

... they need to pause a few seconds before doing this kind of shit.

If someone needs me I'll be practicing moving the mouse with my elbow while maintaining both hands on the keyboard.

Maybe i should try vimperator now that firefox has become full retard with the hotkeys too.

It's the highlight hotkey, dude. Not select-all.
If you really use the highlight feature that much you might as well keep it on and never turn it off. Then you don't have to worry about the hotkey for it.

Better than I expected. ~2 seconds on FX 8350, 850 evo ssd