I'm thinking seriously to buy my firs macbook pro(2015)

Hey Sup Forums I'm a computer enginier. I constantly develop software, doing a lot of systems programming.
I've always buyed and used thinkpad laptops, but I was never fully satisified, because of battery life, screen color rendering and portability. I'm tierd to carry this bulk around me.

So manly what I'm interested in a laptop is
- battery life
- good keyboard(yes I know I've already have a good thinkpad keyboard, but I could trade this to a better battery life and screen).
- good screen color rendering , font rendering and overal make the code look nicer, you know I'm staring 8h a day soo.
- portability.

So should I but the 2015" 13" or the 15" one ?

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/shop/product/FF839LL/A/refurbished-133-inch-macbook-pro-27ghz-dual-core-intel-i5-with-retina-display
extremetech.com/computing/238878-apple-now-officially-dongle-company-happens-make-smartphones-computers
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues/
youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

13" seems to fit all your requirements. Any other concerns you're leaving out?

Fuck Apple. I just tried to buy the old model and it's been 2 fucking weeks and they just sent me an email saying it'll be another 15 days before it's ready. The fuck is that shit, yeah? Over a fucking month for the 2015 model because I wanted an upgraded processor? They are fucking pussies.

Yeah I'm leaning to the 13" thing also I want to buy a refarb one.

Programmer here: I'd advise the 15" if you intend on working without an external monitor for more than say 2 hours a day.

this one
apple.com/shop/product/FF839LL/A/refurbished-133-inch-macbook-pro-27ghz-dual-core-intel-i5-with-retina-display

I will take you advice into account !

I think it's a great deal 1,1K $ free shipping.

You never mentioned budget

If you're thinking of this one, I'm pretty sure 15" is outside your budget.

2k-3k$ But I don't want to spend all of that money tho`

The 15" models are BTO.

I use a mac and I would also advise this.

Basically if you are mostly going to carry it around from place to place and use it in short bursts, the 13" is a better idea, but if you're like me and move it only occasionally and spent long hours staring at it then the 15" is better.

I've heard people say the 15" is less portable because it's a pound heavier. If the OP would be willing to get more screen real estate in turn for a slightly heavier and less portable Macbook, then he should go for 15". Me personally, I'm in the same boat and idk which to choose.

I've got the mid 2015 with 16GB of RAM, 500GB SSD, and Radeon R9 M370X and I love it. Got it new for less than $2,000.

Good deal !

Yeah, I was happy only paying $1900 for it. I'd never pay the MSRP for this machine.

Also gonna be my last Mac because Apple has removed all of the ports from their 2016 and future models.

wow where did you get that kind of deal?

Ebay mega seller, it was sealed and in the box, has a 1 year warranty.

Never buy a Mac from a normal retailer, you'll get absolutely raped on the price. Apple wants fucking $2200 for the 2015 rMBP without the dedicated GPU.

Loyal windows user here, get the 15" its just an extra pound, youre not a weakling are you user?

P.S
This is a beautiful thread im amazed I got to be a part of it before Sup Forums shits all over it

I dual boot Windows 10 Pro and macOS on mine.

Which degree do you have OP? Does it pay well?

oh I see, yeah I know that since I've been strongly considering getting one, agree on the price thing. thanks for the info senpai, enjoy your machine

>good keyboard
you don't value your thinkpad keyboard enough. it's okay to write on mac if you never touched a proper keyboard, but i think you're going to feel the pain after switching from thinkpad to macbook.

I used MBP 2011 for a month, i use x220 on daily basis. x220 is infinitely better when it comes to keyboard.

I will, unfortunately probably gonna be my final Apple product because they've gone full fucking retard with the newest models. I actually use my SD card slot a lot for photography so everything they've done pisses me off so much.

This. I can't problem on anything less than 15" without an external monitor. It's just not enough space. Don't listen to the poorfags, buy what you need. Also, buy the NEW MBP don't waste $$$ on old technology.

extremetech.com/computing/238878-apple-now-officially-dongle-company-happens-make-smartphones-computers

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues/

youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU

youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o

>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>keyboard shallower than a hollywood slut
>keyboard louder than a sheboon nigress
>proprietary SSD
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>tamper tape on battery screws

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously/

>it's 2016 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

APPLEL IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

MACFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Also, buy the NEW MBP don't waste $$$ on old technology.
Don't do this, the new one is more expensive and doesn't offer any real performance improvement unless you pay $2900 for the version with the Radeon Pro 460.

I'd much rather have magsafe, SD card, HDMI, dual DisplayPort / Thunderbolt 2 ports, and 2 USB 3.0 ports

Don't listen to poorfags ppl.

OP, buy a MBP Lat 2013 16GB/NVIDA model. The 2015 is no significant over grade over it.

I recommend shopping at www.bhphotovideo.com

Free shipping, no tax.

>fruity overheating toddlerbook

I'm holding out for Thunderbolt 3 GPU support and other peripherals. It'd be cool if I could connect a FPGA using Thunderbolt 3.