/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News
BlackBerry CEO confirms a device with a physical keyboard is in the works
gsmarena.com/blackberry_ceo_confirms_a_device_with_a_physical_keyboard_is_in_the_works-news-21591.php

2017 Moto roadmap leaks revealing the return of the Moto X?
phonearena.com/news/2017-Moto-roadmap-leaks-revealing-the-return-of-the-Moto-X_id87617

New report says Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus will come with 5.7" and 6.2" bezel-less displays
gsmarena.com/new_report_says_samsung_has_decided_to_enlarge_galaxy_s8s_display_to_lure_galaxy_note_customers-news-21537.php

Oneplus: "T-7: The @Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (2.35GHz) is coming your way. Find out more on November 15."
twitter.com/oneplus/status/796049807609622528 (embed) (embed)

Xiaomi unveils Redmi 4A, Redmi 4 Standard, and Redmi 4 Prime
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_unveils_redmi_4a_redmi_4_standard_and_redmi_4_prime-news-21458.php

LeEco Le X850 with Snapdragon 821 SoC, QHD display, and 16MP front camera clears TENAA
gsmarena.com/leeco_le_x850_with_qhd_display_16mp_front_camera_and_3900mah_battery_clears_tenaa-news-21408.php

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/7/11/12147782/moto-g4-plus-review-android
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is the P9 dual camera a meme? Anybody who used it?

Would installing a small 3x1 inch solar panel on a smartphone significantly improve battery life?

I know a lot of you don't use cases, but what about screen protectors?

Does samshit still make s4/5 mini sized phones with decent specs?

My desu kawaii cuckhands prefer it small senpaitachi

I've had a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro for the past 2 years and it's been a great phone to me. The software wasn't the best, but the hardware was super tough. Kinda like a kid with down syndrome. It's survived smacks against nearly everything... that is, except for today when my friend smacked his keychain (with this weird weighted bar on it) about 4 times. It cracked not the protective screen but the LCD screen under it. The phone itself works, but the screen is permanently black. Anyone know of something similar to it in toughness, but maybe with a better OS?

How's the Xiaomi Pro? Currently looking at the 128GB variant to replace a Galaxy Nexus

no, the samsung that had solar was pretty much just a gimmicky meme. Might as well put a tiny lithium cell in the space where a headphone jack would be.

I have a screen protector on my current phone, but the scratches on my previous phone didn't bother me at all. I guess I'm doing it because I still sorta care about my 2 month old phone and it will preserve the oleophobic meme.

For the poorfags out there I recommend Boost Mobile + Samsung J3. Pretty damn sweet phone for the price and Boost actually offers proper unlimited data. I`ve gone over 250 gigs before in a month, but I average about 100 usually. 50/mo. And with some tweaking you can get unlimited hotspot. Can`t think of a better no-contract deal.

is there a flowchart?
i dont want to get a chinkphone

What`s the best Xiaomi for $200 or less? That bezelless phone is beautiful but didn`t realize it was like $800

It's good for stills, video is meh.

BV6000.

>mediakek
no.

RN3P.

pic related.

Fuck right off with that faggot shit.

They're all chink phones lad.

>take a hard fall while biking
>galaxy s5 LCD broken
>need a fast replacement because expecting calls within next few days
>amazon has only used models and vastly overpriced new ones

Is the Note 4 worth getting? Far as I've seen, it's about $100 cheaper than an s5 and it looks to be more powerful, plus I don't really mind TouchJizz. Plus it seems to be one of the few mainstream phones around $300 that actually has an mSD slot.

>tfw this dismantles the normies way of thinking

I still use a Nexus 4 because I'm poor.

How pleb am I and what can I upgrade to that isn't the size of a brick?

>Be poor
>Buy Bluboo Maya
>Still waiting for it to get here

N5X.

htc 10 or google pixel

Is Le Max 2 good for the price?

Talk me out of an G3

Should I wait for Moto X Pure to drop from $280 to $250? Or should I just get Moto G4 for $200?

LG phones will bootloop.

If you can stand the horrible UI and no 3.5mm, sure.

just wait another month and the G5 will probably be selling for $200 new lmao

G4+.

I honestly don't know what is the point of Sony anymore these days. They are more expensive than Samshit phones but have worse features, screen and camera.

>using an S7 Edge but still don't have Nougat
>Nougat beta released but it's only for the UK

Not worth the extra money from a Moto G4 normal version.

Bought a bootlooped G4 a few days ago for $30, went to LG's website, registered it for the warranty because I know the original owner never did, waited 2 days, started a chat with LG's online support staff, bing bang boom, shipped it back to 'em at their cost and they'll be shipping me a replacement (not a repaired one) supposedly made in September of 2016 so it should not have the bootloop issue any longer.

If it does, fuck it, I'll send it back again, then again if needed and at some point they'll either say "Ok, fine, here have a G5/V10/V20 for your troubles..."

1) Buy shit cheap
2) ?!?!?!?!
3) PROFIT!!!

No because it could never provide enough juice to really do anything. If it was plugged in with direct sunlight to power the panel the device (in use) would still pull more power from the battery in the device so it would be like sweeping a dirt floor aka a complete waste of time.

If you can't get a large solar panel capable of putting out at least 1 watt of power constantly in direct sunlight (meaning it'll need to be about 15" x 15" minimum) then don't bother.

Note 4 is a damned good device, even now years after it was introduced. A shitload of community support for it, if you can get one for $120-160 get it, anything more than that is a bit pricey but it's up to you.

Smart. I'd resell new phone and repeat until I can get enough for a good (non-LG) phone.

Yeah but, I like LG phones pre-G5 so, while I don't want a G5 or a V20 I wouldn't mind getting a V10 since it maintains the back button controls that I find to be vastly superior in terms of operating the device.

So I'll either try and sell the replacement G4 and get a V10 or see what happens with the G4 I suppose.

Picked up a Nexus 4 in basically mint condition for $20 the other day, still don't understand why people like it so much, it's a fucking boring device. Got a OnePlus One for $60 with a bad camera, replaced that with one I ordered off eBay for $10 + free shipping and it's a fantastic piece of hardware so far.

Good deals are out there if you're paying attention.

I specified the G3. Did your G3 bootloop?

anyone have the op3 on t mobile?

what's the big dick thing about?

Can anyone recommend a good phone for $400 or under? I need a cheaper normie phone
Carrier is AT&T
thank you thank you

What is the best mobile phone for security and privacy? Some old Nokia? (nothing is perfect of course... Just wondering on the best out of the box)

So should I get the Xiaomi Mi 5 which can be had pretty cheap over here, or be an autist and buy a V20 off my contract?

prepaid

Hey /spg/, is there any better, non-chink smartphone than the 2014 moto x for $150?
I had one, now I don't, thinking of getting another, but want to know if there's something better for the same price.

>Country
USA
>Carrier
AT&T
>Features
Comfy, good screen, clean software, new/factory referb, loud earpiece, good warranties, carrier unlocked, (maybe) good camera
>Budget
$150 or less
(not willing to go over unless REALLY enticed)
>Size
5.2" or less

Using my old note 2 for right now and I forgot how quiet the earpiece is. That, the screen is wearing and washing out after 4 years, and I'm not a fan of 5.5" or bigger phones.

Does anyone have a BlackBerry Passport? If so what do you think of it? What more or less would you want from it?

Solve me this dillema please: Samsung Galaxy S6 or Nexus 6P?
It seems like S6 has a better screen, but 6P is bigger and better design.

Screen size.
Note 7 isn't supposed to be there anymore btw.

Nexus 6p
Nougat 7.0 Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

What does /spg/ think of the xperia xz?

>Plastic Fantastick

Post best iPhone SE cases.
>just don't drop it bro!
I will drop it. RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO FUCKING DROP IT JUST TO PROVE THAT

Oneplus 3 or ZTE Axon 7?

>Redmi 4 Pro/Prime SoC is close to the 650 performance wise, made on 14nm FinFET (instead of shit outdated 28nm like the 650 or 617) and it probably doesn't overheat like the 617
>It also has a full HD screen (not an improvement though) and a better camera than the RN3P and thus better than the R3
But it's also a lot more expensive than the Redmi 3 Pro: the 4 prime sells for around 180€ when the 3 Pro sells around 125€

I know the 625 is better than 616, but is it really worth 55€ more? I don't mind the lower resolution and the 1080p on the 4 Prime will be more resource intensive than the 720p on the 3 Pro. The phones also have the same amount of RAM and storage...

I switched from a nexus 4 to an OP3 yesterday and I really liked it but it is a little bit on the big side although I'm almost used to it now

Is there a noticeable power difference between any of the phones in the ~400$ range?

Also is taking the Axon 7 giving up anything for that mSD slot that might make me prefer the Nexus 6P/Oneplus 3 instead?

I haven't used the ZTE but I love my OP3 if you want a fast responsive phone with close to stock experience go for it

What is the most durable high-end phone currently released?
I'm a fucking retard so I tend to drop my phone a lot.

Nexus 6P is slightly outdated, the other 3 are GOAT

Axon 7 has a slightly worse camera, a heavier UI and less custom ROM support than the OneGOAT 3.

Hmm. After further investigation into the 1+3, it turns out that it's not great in Australia, fuck, I was almost sold on it too..

Just get an SE. I got meme'd into buying a non nexus/iphone phone last year and I regret it.
>battery utter shit
>lags like a bitch (waow 500 million gb ram 1 billion core processor)
>camera is ass
>updates take forever

:^)

I have a Cubot Dinosaur (yeah chink phone) and everything goes decently considering its pricetag but it has a major issue that I can't find a fix for and I've been searching for several days.
Apps that don't come by default in the phone and that I've installed like Whatsapp, Last.fm, Nova Launcher, etc, get killed after having the phone locked for a few minutes, sometimes it doesn't happen over a night, sometimes it happens right after locking it.
Any method or fix that can keep my apps awake? I'm not going to root the device.
And yes, I tried looking at security, battery, ram usage and all that shit. It appears to be a problem of the phone and it will never get fixed by its company.

is this flowchart even updated?
if yes is the moto g4 a good choice?

Picked up and rooted a Pixel XL the other day. So far it's a fantastic phone. Figured the fingerthing on the back to be a gimmick but I use it quite a bit with the swipe bit.

Due to the new partition layout quite a few root apps do not work. The needed ones work fine though.

any german sites where i can buy good chinkphones?

iPhone SE is pretty much perfect phone, HOWEVER it is too small. I am iPhone 5s owner and want to upgrade to something bigger.

--> but bigger and newer iPhones are too expensive, so I'm gonna opt for Nexus 6P or Galaxy S6. it's too fucking small bros.

>it's a "manlets ruin the phone industry by demanding big compensation phones because their baby hands can't one-handedly use a smaller phone anyway" episode

How bad is this bootloop thing with LG phones?

Small phones are like the left: it's dying and no longer relevant in today's society.

Honorbuy is not German but ships from Europe

Not smartphone related but what's the best smallish tablet to go for?
I'd consider an iPad mini but I don't want to have an apple device since I have only Linux on my desktop and laptop.

Nokia n1 or something similar?

Yeah, something along this.
I don't need a phone number so I'm looking for a tablet I'll use with a mobile WiFi router.

what the fuck is wrong with your finger

I don't know, what's wrong with it?
Also I'm just trying to do tests on this phone since I'm not using it anymore
>2 days stand by, wifi off, only 20% battery gone
That's actually fine
>turn on wifi
Well you can see the nose dive.
Gonna restore and delete everything, see if it makes any difference.

redpill me on the priv and passport

Help! I need a new smartphone, my Sony Xperia Z3C shit the bed.
>Country
USA
>Carrier
AT&T
>Features
Comfy, good screen, clean software, new/factory referb, loud earpiece, good warranties, carrier unlocked, (maybe) good camera
>Budget
$300 or less
(not willing to go over unless REALLY enticed)
>Size
5 inch screen or less.

my z1 compact died recently and i bought a mi5. it's 5.1 inch which i thought would bother me, but it's actually just fine. really happy with it desu

ZTE Axon 7?
OP3?
Redmeme 4?

Well now I hate this piece of shit even more
>restore to factory settings
>lower half of the screen does not respond to anything (can tell because if I keep tapping the upper half of the screen it won't go to sleep, if I just tapped the lower half it will eventually turn the screen off)
>can't proceed with the setup
and yet I was even thinking of giving it a second chance.

forgot pic, but anyway what I'm trying to say is, go nexus/iphone - if current year flagship ones are too expensive, then get last year's.
Don't buy into dumb shit.

Hmmm I had bought a Honor 8 which has a 5.2screen and hate it lol, returning it today. Wheres the best place to buy the mi5?Ill have a look at those thanks!

shit build quality
and a dying OS

pick your poison

See and theverge.com/2016/7/11/12147782/moto-g4-plus-review-android
It's probably the best phone you can buy in a physical store for its price, but it still a lot worse than the chinkphones on the chart.

I bought a Zuk z2 (currently waiting for it to arrive) to replace my Moto G1, that I've been using for two years now. Should I have got a RN3P instead?

No, the Zuk is good.
Lenovo also have a very frequent update cycle and better support.
The Specs are sufficient

Just got the OP3. Shit's fast. Here's a pic of my old phone

S4 or is that the 5? Everything after the S3 is a blur.
And sweet choice, enjoy it and the shitload of dev support too.

tradingshenzhen

S5 running cyanogenmod 13. CM really botched the support for it though and touchjizz on the s5 is laughable. The OP3 is everything I want in a smartphone, stock Android + some good features.

Thinking of getting the Google Pixel, worth it?

Yes but might as well wait a couple of days for BF/CM

Nice. It really does sound perfect for those who want the same flexibility nexus devices offered, but with much higher performance ability.

Those are too big, Is the Sony line my only option for a decent small >5 inch screen phone?

The sony compact line and the iphone SE, yes.

Axon 7 mini

Is there no way to change the godawful alphabetical app drawer in CM 13?

Is there another alternative jewgle-free OS for a Galaxy S5 mini?

Actually the normies think that Sony is the best company right after Samsung.

GearBest claimed the phone were 30$ so no custom fees. They accept PayPal. I'm from germany btw.

How can I run programs that require google play services without installing them?

Is there a smartphone with 2 usb-c or micro usb ports ?

ayyy