newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157588
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fellow noctua fag.

Built this a couple weeks ago, i5 6500, 8gb rx 480, 8gb DDR4

sure

What are the 2 different gpus for?

r8 my rig gee

The weaker one is probably physx.

Isn't that horribly optimized? I've seen tests where they have a very powerful card just dedicated to physx, like 2 1070's but one is physx and it ends up performing basically equal and sometimes worse than just a single card

Maybe. But he probably already had the weaker one, so there's nothing to lose really.

>all these poo fans

These poo fans last pretty long.

>all those HDDs
>that SSD floating in the middle of nowhere
>all those cables

Jesus, do some cable management. Nice cpu cooler though

Except performance??

They also have the best warranties and I've never read of people returning them.

He's not using physx he's using GPU pass through for his VM.

>inb4 reference card
>inb4 cable management

Get some cable combs faggot.
But for reals, that's a nice looking system. The noctua not color matching is triggering me but I think that you wanted that, so kudos. Slight GPU sag though.
Wasted $35 on a cooler with the 6500 but otherwise perfect choice of specs. Tidy them cables in the top right a bit. Good build.
Also:
>Wifi
>Desktop
Get Ethernet by any means necessary it's such a better experience. I think a wifi card in mine but I got Ethernet hooked up about 3 weeks ago and my life is improved greatly.

Good choice of fans. Noctua is one of my favorites.

Noctua >>> anything else
checked

>Get some cable combs faggot.
I tried cable sewing but I must be retarded because I can't do it at all.

>The noctua not color matching is triggering me but I think that you wanted that, so kudos.
Yep. I have the black/white fan that came with the heatsink but I get better marginal temps with the poo fan.

>Slight GPU sag though.
It's the angle. The card isn't even a week old.

I have space to replace the H80i GT with an H100i. Might due it because I'm bored and have no other upgrades to make.

gutsu desu

can I borrow a few hard drives?

those things are 8TB hdds in RAID 6. Its like $350 a pop. It's gonna be very difficult to spare some for you.

The back's stuffed due to all the power cables & the SAS breakout. All those cables are from the front hotswap cages.

I'd shove them somewhere pretty if I had room :')

Time for a new case bruh.

Why did you go Mid Tower if you need drive cages. Mid Towers are a meme for gamers who only use 2-3 drives.

I've considered it, but I'm getting into retardedly priced case territory due to how much hardware I have in it. I really can't justify spending $200-$300 on a case to make my cables look pretty.

This case is a full tower. Just doesn't look like it in the pic.

The top 4 hotswap bays aren't populated all the time. They're hotswap bays since I work with external drives very often.

currently at 4.8ghz
4.9 was stable but the voltage jump was uncomfortable

O-OP, whats with all the hard drives? What are you storing there?
Very pretty as always (desu i dream of this build)

Pirating Network Share from University, grew to about 12TB and I torrent about 2TB a year. And I backup my laptop on the desktop as well. I share some space with friends who need online ftp access as well.

based case bro, nice cable mgmt

based

My desktop

same case and cooler

What are you doing that you need sli titans? What kind of 4k fps u get?

CUDA compute box for computational fluid dynamics. 4k FPS with max settings in assassin's creed black flag is about 45 fps. Its RAM limited. Waiting for Volta to come out with HBM before I change those.

t h i c c

Looks very clean, nice case.

Made myself a sleeper, the pic in the middle is the best I can do at the moment without unplugging it and pulling the whole thing out.
Lemme tell ya tho, it's a mess up top, but it doesn't impede anything.

What do you use, comsol, autodek fluid product, icepak, openfoam or something else?

>buying reference
>what is cable management

>that psu

Openfoam for CPU and RapidCFD(this one took a lot of tweaking to get it to work) for GPU. Have used comsol and fluent in the past. But OpenFoam is awesome once you learn. Did a bit of DNS with it.

Is it that bad? I thought Thermaltake are okay.

My cable management is shit

Cool, do you work for a big company. I did a bit of openfoam last semester and i graduate next semester. Where are you from if you dont mind me asking?

I love my little case

PhD student at UMass, been doing this stuff for like 4 years now. Big companies don't use OpenFoam so much, they like everything automated and supported.

show me your car keys

Here you go user.

Whats ur phd on, and ur background?

what's the case?

Jesus fucking christ, user.
That fucks up my OCD.

>just a minor update, took out upper fan because positive pressure

So in regards to pressure, for overpressure i want the sum of fans in pressure to be greater than the sum of fans out pressure? Or do i need to include an area multiplication?

Yep, that's pretty much it.

why all the drives?
I'm doing just fine with an ssd for / and a 1TB raid0 array for /home
fast random r/w for the OS and programs, fast sequential r/w for big files in /home
literally perfect

Ive also never heard of people returning a case fan

You can attempt to route the cables around the edge of the case even though there's no motherboard tray in that pre-built. Same thing people used to do with the old Antec 300.

You can also paint the interior of the case the same way people used to do for the Antec 300.

You can also paint your motherboard.

And so on...

I only suggest these things since you're posting in a Sup Forumsuts thread, which means you probably have some inkling of an interest in case modding/aesthetics. I mainly lurk here because my recent build could still use some work.

If you really want to get dumb, disassemble your power supply (this will void the warranty, and requires caution because of the large, high voltage capacitors inside) and remove unused cables by unsoldering them from the board or clipping+heat shrink. I did this with a really old build (similar to yours, it started its life as a pre-built, but my main goal was case modding and not replacing hardware) and it turned out pretty nice.

Advice?:

Anybody know of a simple, cheap electronics toolkit with decently anti-meme and good quality tools? I am overseas currently and all of my tools/power supplies/test equipment are sitting in storage back in the states. I bought a simple PC toolkit from newegg when I built this computer, and I have a Gerber multitool. Not exactly tools I could undertake cable sleeving which is something I'm interested in doing.

Sorry for the novel.

How to properly reduce dust gathering inside your case?

Corsair 200R have a lot of holes everywhere and I cover case upper part when not in use, but when I was trying to reapply thermal paste for cooler few days ago, I still found rather disturbing layer of dust everywhere. There is a dust filter for front fan, but clearly it doesnt help much. At the same time, Im kinda afraid, if covering too much during use wouldnt make everything boil inside.

i like yellow

Please reply, i wanna know whats wrong with it.

Well it's a bit misleading, it's a 530w PSU, but you can only put about 456w load on the 12v (the primary) rail.

MOST good PSUs you can put the full load of the rated wattage on the 12v rail.

For example my PSU is a 600w PSU and it can put 588w on the 12v rail. 12 watts from 600w rating.

Yours is ~80w from it's stated wattage.

Also the build quality isn't fantastic, poor soldering but decent internal components, the only real issues are during load situations the 3.3v and 5v rails occasionally have too much ripple for the 80 Plus certification.

Basically it's just a cheap PSU.

Yes, i am aware of its price. I was on real tight budget because of that CPU. And to be honest, ill probably never even be close to using its full wattage.

raters, give it to me

4690k/strix970/16gb

Just add more intake fans.
You want to receive positive air pressure in order to redce dust collection

6/10

average build and below average cable management.

Air 540.

desu i don't see any problems with the cables right there, not with the airflow and visually the damage is very small

I never implied they were going to impede airflow, good cable management is about organization and aesthetics.

i agree my cables are trash compared to yours, but the tower is closed 24/7 so theres that

nice pipe you fucking faggot

thanks

>that case
>1060
>100gb SSD

what the fuck am I looking at

This could be a problem, since this mobo have only three "sys fan" inputs.

Where should I place the third then? On the top or on the side?

I'm getting a Kraken G10 for the GPU on Black Friday so it's not starving for air

Anyone know what motherboard is in this computer?

The back:

Looks like an Asrock one.

Do you know which one?

pretty sure there is only one

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157588

Looks like this one.

There is only one model x99 motherboard in that formfactor, and i'ts the asrock one as mentioned.

What brand are the cables?

>Want to upgrade my r9 290 to a very high end card
>The 1070 is not enough
>AMD basically gave up the high end market
>The 1080 would be a really nice upgrade but it's expensive as fuck
>At this point my 3570k would be a bottleneck and I might as well change the CPU, build a new computer and keep this one for testing purposes
>Start looking for parts
>A whole new build with a 6700k and a 1080 would cost me over 1700€
Is it really worth it Sup Forums?

I was thinking of getting this:
Intel Core i7-6700K
Cooler Master Hyper 212X
Asus Z170-PRO GAMING
DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, 2 x 8 GB, 3000 MHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SuperClocked GAMING ACX 3.0
Crucial BX200, 480 GB
Western Digital WD Blue, 2 TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2, 650W

Should I change anything?

The 1080 is the cheapest I could find.
Not sure about the case yet, the Bitfenix Neos looks kind of cool and is the kind of case I like but it seems rather small. Any recommendation?

GTX 1060 and a 120gb SSD in a lightly modified thinkcentre A50 case

They're Bitfenix extensions.

>EVGA 1080
Well, good luck.

Is an Oc 3570k really that much of a bottleneck ? You still can try it then slowly upgrade the rest of the build ?

No berserk?

I-ive never posted in one of these pls no bully

>PSU intake fan touching GPU intake fan face-to-face, running in opposite directions

are you certifiably retarded? what the actual fuck is wrong with you

Still waiting on Zen for a New Build.

I dodged a bullet here, no wonder it was cheap. I'll go for that msi gaymen one then.

I guess it depends on the games.
Not sure whether that pic is bullshit or not, but a 6700k would be a pretty improvement overall anyway. I'm not even sure I should get a 6700k.
Is the whole ddr4 thing worth it? I keep reading everywhere that the 6700k is overpriced garbage and that everyone buy the 4790K instead.

>yfw ashamed to post because all fans are fugly noctua

at this point i'd wait for vega for an upgrade

Pretty please?

Looks like shit

The build you think of getting is actual pretty fucking good. I'd change EVGA 1080 to ASUS 1080 tho