PHP 7

What do you make of how PHP went from pajeet-tier to decent-tier after the insane massive performance boost they did? Like people were talking about going from using 20 servers to 1.

I know you could say that means PHP was just shit for a long time (I agree) and then became barely usable thanks to the speed increase. It depends on your point of view I guess.

I worked in a PHP company in my last job doing database and there were literally multiple Pajeets writing PHP and I thought it was funny and meme-tier but now I feel like I should probably make some money off this shit by writing some cheap-ass web service and put ads on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.famzah.net/2016/02/09/cpp-vs-python-vs-perl-vs-php-performance-benchmark-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For me, the problem with PHP was never speed but language semantics.

It's sloppy and inexact under the guise of being easy. It's second only to shell scripts.

>to decent-tier
nah, has it right and as long most standard functions aren't properly imported from modules, it's still bad.

What would you prefer over PHP then?

Keep bashing php guys, soon experienced php developers like myself will charge ridiculous amounts of cash per hour because intelligent millennials are too busy shitting out copypasted Pajeet.js on rails apps for peanuts.

keep dreaming

meanwhile Python 2.7+PyPy code will be two times shorter and two times more maintainable and many times faster than PHP7

I probably would enjoy php if not for the fucking dolar.

>using obsolete 2.7 instead of python 3
PHP sucks, js sucks, python 2->3 kills my will to use it.
Which language should be used for backend?

Is anyone actually working as a 'core php developer' (aka not writing based on some framework)?

typescript if you like scripting languages. C# / java otherwise.

Maintaining old php code base that was started 2006. It does not depend on any framework.
Not really sure why you would need framework with php anyway.

C++

P Y T H O N
Y
T
H
O
N

Perl? ASP? Java? Python?

>except perl

>copypasted Pajeet.js
heh

Kek, it's still terrible. Improving a hilariously slow interpreter's speed is not an impressive act, and the language itself is still as piss-poor as ever. Fix that syntax, cunt.

Anything, quite honestly. DeviousYarn.

This also has speed issues, but it's a reasonably nice language. You'll understand that interpreter speed matters when you have to run your code on your own server and you have more than 30 users on your site.

I never had a problem with PHP and I've been using it since forever.
It's deliciously easy.

proof that its faster?

I like PHP because it's stupid easy to write and makes me good money. PHP7 was genuinely a fantastic upgrade, and I just wish the PHP internals team would have the balls to actually deprecate some of the trailing bullshit still in the language ("hurr haystack needle or needle haystack lawl").

But regardless, the performance boost was genuinely amazing, and the language is finally getting the features people have been begging for years to get. I wouldn't necessarily use it on a personal project or something I really care about, but at least it is getting better.

Python is one of the slowest languages, PHP7 is miles ahead of it. Do you even work in the industry?

I think he's a stupid fuck from /wdg/, just ignore him like we ignore all pajeet-tier coders

East Europe Pajeet here. Never understood problems with a PHP if you working with a good frameworks like: Symfony, Laravel, YII2 . I guess main complaints from people that used it in early 2000's. Then yeah, it was pretty shitty. And now majority of complaints from people that don't have any experience in actually software development. It has problems. But for web development it's good choice. Than some obscure shit that noone can maintain. My complain in PHP it's a fucking CMS's. All of them.

I think most anons ITT have explained why they hate(d) PHP, I hated it for the very same reason, the FUCKTARD syntax. Other than that, I think it's okay and I might actually try and see if those frameworks work out okay for me and if I can make money by jewing a little web service.

Everything php is used for C can do better.

>FUCKTARD syntax
If you mean names of standard library functions, then yes. Otherwise shit unreadable code happens only if your team doesn't following code styling guidelines.

blog.famzah.net/2016/02/09/cpp-vs-python-vs-perl-vs-php-performance-benchmark-2016/

I used to do that, but then I switched to nodejs :^)

much more money

In the end we're just arguing about how you write CGI. C can do it, perl can do it, python can do it, java can do it. PHP saw adoption because it was easy as fuck for retards to shit out applications, not because of any magical reason. PHP still has a lot of warts but like any language they can be worked around.

M8, not sure what point you were making, but PHP7 fucked Python's shit up pretty badly there.

with PyPy its third fastest

Many other things. At best, something statically typed.

>DeviousYarn.
Stop memeing your garbage language here that most likely hasn't Unicode working yet. Perl is far superior.

Python+Django, Ruby+RubyOnRails, Java+Spring, C#+ASP.NET

Java/C# if you take it seriously and want employment.