Richard Stallman

This man is absolutely crazy and is a lunatic. You have to be a special level of retarded to think this:

>What's wrong with:

stallman.org/airbnb.html - Airbnb
stallman.org/amazon.html - Amazon
stallman.org/amtrak.html - Amtrak
stallman.org/apple.html - Apple
stallman.org/ebooks.pdf - Ebooks
stallman.org/eventbrite.html - Eventbrite
stallman.org/facebook.html - Facebook
stallman.org/google.html - Google
stallman.org/intel.html - Intel
stallman.org/meetup.html - Meetup
stallman.org/netflix.html - Netflix
stallman.org/skype.html - Skype
stallman.org/spotify.html - Spotify
stallman.org/twitter.html - Twitter
stallman.org/uber.html - Uber

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/archives/2016-sep-dec.html#11_November_2016_(Trumps_callous_bullying)
stallman.org/notes/2016-may-aug.html
stallman.org/extra/personal.html
stallman.org/amtrak.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's wrong with GNU:

Everything

for fuck's sake, he has a problem with ebooks

>absolutely proprietary.jpg

>and is a lunatic
He isn't autist enough to make through Lunatic.

Stallman's right though.

What bed and breakfast/other temporary accommodation services does he recommend? You can't expect someone who needs to book a room in advance to opt out of it solely because it uses Java or what the fuck ever.

If he was right then he would make product who can compete with their closed source counter parts.
the fact that shit like GIMP gets praised is a clear indication that Free Software is just propaganda bullshit.
If you can't compete with quality/price then you cry and seek goverment help.

>What bed and breakfast/other temporary accommodation services does he recommend? You can't expect someone who needs to book a room in advance to opt out of it solely because it uses Java or what the fuck ever.

You can't expect much from a greasy, unemployed child lover.

>all that autism in those links

Muh (((open sores))) is a shit fad. This man's ideologies are no less fucked than that of a vegan's. If you let this fat ugly fuck control what programs and websites you're allowed to use, you need to grow the fuck up. These services are not going to change the way they function just to please you absolute mongoloids and depriving yourself of them is only causing yourself inconvenience.

this. GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE!!

/r/cringe

Has he said anything about Trump yet?

He has ideals. Shitposters wouldn't understand.

Why does it matter?

>special level of retarded

If he's so retarded then how did he graduate from harvard with a 4.0 GPA in physics and work in MIT AI labs lmfao

He's not a fan.

plenty of things :^)

stallman.org/archives/2016-sep-dec.html#11_November_2016_(Trumps_callous_bullying)

>hurr durr I'm a libtard and say he should just compete with publishers and amazon

>the fact that shit like GIMP gets praised is a clear indication that Free Software is just propaganda bullshit.

t. someone who has clearly never used gimp nor photoshop

you seem to be sending mixed messages there pal, you're implying stallman who fights for our freedom is the (((jew))) in this situation but then go on to recommend people not deprive themselves of amazon, apple, facebook, google, intel

$0.02 has been deposited into your account

he supported jill stein

stallman.org/notes/2016-may-aug.html

ctrl f trump, he isn't for obama or hillary either

>All companies are perfect and can do no wrong

Who's bill are you on, user?

So what criteria should we use to decide what services we use? Whoever advertises to us the hardest?

>video games are more important than anything
t. OP

>you're implying stallman who fights for our freedom is the (((jew))) in this situation

In what part of my post, stupid? Because I think his cause is a waste of time?

>So what criteria should we use to decide what services we use? Whoever advertises to us the hardest?

How about personal preference and convenience?

He's for the most libertarian one, specially computer/internet/speech wise
He supported Bernie since he was literally the only candidate that didn't promise to expand surveillance programs

Only big candidate

I can't compete so I cry the post.

>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.

>Every time you hear that some video is produced specifically by Netflix, it would be appropriate to feel a wave of disgust and anger. That will help you refuse to watch it, refuse to feed the monster.

>becasue we don't have the skills to make a competing streaming service built with muh free software I must tell people not to watch it.
This is pathetic, he is just a leftist manlet crying becasue he can't do more than that, CRY.

stallman.org/extra/personal.html

Truly a poet.

He was a normal guy before he became a messiah

>In what part of my post, stupid? Because I think his cause is a waste of time?

>Muh (((open sores))) is a shit fad.

in (((this))) bit

>He supported Bernie since he was literally the only candidate that didn't promise to expand surveillance programs

it doesn't surprise me but I didn't really want to go back and find more political note pages to add to the post

I don't know man, outside of c#/.net it seems like microsoft is desperate to compete for the developer market which is why they've ported c#/.net to gahnoo/loonix properly after the failed abortion of mono failed to capture the c# crowd (the creator of mono now works for microsoft, probably off to run some other projects into the ground) and have worked to make the unix subsystem more usable for normies through bash on windows 10

now you could say developers are just as happy on osx, and they are at 25%~ on various developer surveys, but gnu/linux makes up 20% which is just behind windows 7 at 21% and windows 10 at 19%, but it doesn't seem like the gnu/linux crowd are the desperate ones does it?

very popular and extremely high quality foss streaming software exists, ever hear of kodi?

the problem is getting the movie and television industry on board with using less proprietary media formats and moving away from drm which is never going to happen no matter how much you libtards think it will, it's the exact same issue with trying to compete with amazon, drm-free publishers exist but they don't work if a publisher won't licence their content out unless it has drm

what's he holding in that picture?

He's right though.

He's checking for non-free ingredients in a salt shaker.

>These services are not going to change the way they function just to please you absolute mongoloids
But they already did. A shitton of some of the most essential desktop programs are open source nowadays, directly or indirectly thanks to rms. Not always FOSS, but they're getting there.

He doesn't have a problem with ebooks. Did you read the article? It's literally two pages long, I'm sure you could comprehend it.

He says the Amazon model of ebooks is wrong. Where you have to create an account with your real name and use proprietary software to access and read them. Furthermore your access to those ebooks depends on Amazon paying licensing fees and a result of not paying them can be that you no longer can get the ebooks. I agree with this.

He doesn't have a problem with electronic books which can be freely and anonymously downloaded, in a free format, such as ODF. He isn't against the concept of books being in an electronic format.

Whether software is free or not falls under 'personal preference', you mongoloid.

>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.

> Don't use Intel processors newer than Core2, because they have the "management engine" back door and no one can shut it off.

>Here is more information about this back door.

WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY RADICAL FANATIC RETARD!

big ol' blunt

Literal genius.

>Netflix
> A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.

Kek

And a man with a gun has the power to kill you. We still make sure that guns are legal.

> about to get laid
> realize she uses proprietary software
> tell her to fuck off

Yes, of course selling backdoored chips should be legal

However you can choose not to buy them

Of course he didn't fucking read it. He's probably some stupid fucking millennial. They want a gold medal for opening the URL.

I'd love for the OP to actually explain /why/ he's a lunatic. Stallman operates on extremes, but they're not logically wrong extremes, they're just extremes that hamper productivity for a lot of people.

>the useds of Facebook
He's mostly right but his autism is pretty funny in its own right.

That picture is photo shopped though.

The leader of the free software foundation has to only use free software and make no compromises

How would people react if he didn't "eat his own dogfood"

someone browses hacker news

Underrated

Stallman is absolutely nuts. There's this one video of him jumping up and down on this stage sweating profusely and screaming developers, developers, developers, developers. And I heard he went to a shaman or some shit to try and cure pancreatic cancer.

I stopped using linux when I started to read the rms blog.
This guy is full of shit.

>A study found that people who read novels on the Amazon Swindle remember less of the the events in the novel.

What's his fucking problem?
Does he really believe that shit?

I believe it

he's a fucking pedophile

BASED RMS

>stallman.org/amtrak.html
And yet he flies to various places?

There is no one on the planet who can convince me that Stallman has gotten laid.