I want to change my nick from the old retarded one that I made when I was an edgy teen but nothing comes to my mind

I want to change my nick from the old retarded one that I made when I was an edgy teen but nothing comes to my mind.

how did you come up with your nick, Sup Forums?

last four digits of your ssn + last name

First thing that came to mind, phonetically spelt in my native language, converted back into English alphabet

just use the name of ur waifu/favorite anime character

Always a solid choice.

i just used my surname
if it isn't available i just roll on the keyboard and use that

I did.

wouldn't things like that be taken on most websites?

>his waifu is from Jump
Get a load of this guy.

>his
>guy
did you just assume their gender?

OUT

Took a popular nickname for something in MMOs and used it for ~7 years, and then slightly changed it.

B-but I don't even watch anime... Also favorite character's name seems like a thing quite a lot of people would want to use.

>Also favorite character's name seems like a thing quite a lot of people would want to use.

Sounds like you need to watch more obscure animè.

Used to have some random combo of letters that no one could pronounce in games so i changed it at some point
during biology class we had to identify some plants or some bs
one of the latin names sounded cool so now the first half of it is my user

My brother would always name his character after a fruit in Pokemon, so I decided I was going to do the same but with every food. I picked beans but wanted to be cool so I replaced the S with a Z and I've used that ever since.

It's how people native to English misspell my real name.

check if CuntDestroyer69 is still free

Asked a friend, he suggested something, sounded good enough to me, been using it ever since

I was never very creative with names

I use rare last names from Russian mathematicians.

>come up with a random nick about 10 years back
>over the years it evolves by losing a letter
>one day someone randomly asks me some shit about kpop
>"I don't listen to kpop, why would you ask me that?"
>find out it's the stage name of some kpop singer
>ton of my accounts are already tied to that name and I'm too uncreative to come with a new one

fuck me

Was freestyling with a friend and he dropped a line comparing me to [name] so I use that. Lame as fuck story but the name's pretty cool, so it's fine.

Give it some thought, it is your personal pseudonym afterall. Mine(7nxoh3) was inspired by the counter-strike era l33t names, but the teenage years (s0cket) username seemed kinda lame so I wanted to change it to something that has no meaning, something that will age well, something unique, yet short. It can be problematic though, since a lot of places don't allow the nickname to start with a number.

Pick your fave actor, take a title, first name, and surname from different characters the actor has played.

A phrase from a song I'm listening to at the moment.

My dad came up with it when I was young. It stuck pretty well because my friends started calling me it after they heard him say it, so I thought I'd use it as it as my online moniker.

>he hasn't forgone online accounts and communication due to Sup Forums-instilled paranoia yet

not even trolling
I am lonely, but at least no one can find me now (except the 3 letters of course, they watch everyone)

if you need reason as to why you should do the same, look at some of your old accounts and their histories. if you have had them since a young age, it likely will make you cringe.

>first one, essentially my name + number
>second one, essentially shittier version of the first one
>third one, it's fucking MUH ORIGINAL SHIT DO NOT STEAL tier so don't fucking remind me about my shitty past
>fourth one, clipped version of third which no longer implies the cancerous part
>fifth one, essentially a fitting Apri Ski hut nickname which I got on accident, will probably keep it forever

Find inspiration in weird things, that's all I can tell you.

>I am lonely, but at least no one can find me now (except the 3 letters of course, they watch everyone)
So...what have you accomplished?

I take inspiration from literature

Him becoming paranoid beyond saving.
But he's right about
> look at some of your old accounts and their histories. if you have had them since a young age, it likely will make you cringe.

>Him becoming paranoid beyond saving.
everyone always comes up with an ad-hominem argument, and fails to tell me how I am wrong on privacy related issues?

how am I wrong?
I still use email of course, and at some point I will likely make a linkedin, but beyond that, no facebook or twitter for me

I don't understand why you would come onto a website full of people who care about these things when you yourself don't adhere to the same beliefs. It would be like a black liberal browsing Sup Forums

how about pretender

>how I am wrong on privacy related issues?
You're not wrong entirely but secluding yourself from society is taking it too far. Not everyone on the web is out to fucking catch you. Though I'd agree on ditching shit like facebook/twitter, social media is a cancer.

big and first 3 letters of your first name all lower case no spaces