Finally take the time to install Ubuntu

>Finally take the time to install Ubuntu
>Try to install discord
>"There's no discord for linux yet"

>Try to install steam
>It doesn't even work

Why the fuck should I use this shitty OS again? Nothing works and the UI design is terrible.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/crmarsh/discord-linux-bugs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>playing games
or kill yourself

>Playing games on Linux when anyone with a brain knows Windows does it better
What did he mean by this?

>the UI design is terrible
Unity is fucking cancer now, no shit.

You can use Discord in the browser tardo.

gb2

>not being able to install steam
good, we don't need idiots using linux.
back to wangblows with you

>>Try to install discord
>>"There's no discord for linux yet"
github.com/crmarsh/discord-linux-bugs

what is google

Thanks google.

>We're a club of special snowflakes

Steam's Linux client has legit problems. I've installed it successfully before, only to have it break after updating.

>not using SteamCMD
kys

Whats funny is I've used steam on archlinux for a few years now and never had any problems.

Anecdotes are cool.

On Ubuntu it's really fucking simple though.

It's installed but it doesn't work when I launch it. Apparently I have to go through some fucking tutorial and use the command line to install a simple program. How is this not super autistic and working as intended?

And they say this OS is the most user friendly and will be a legit alternative to windows users? It's just retarded but autistic "hackers" like you have no idea what usability is and think there's some inherent value for something to be arbitrarily hard to use

There's been a linux client for Discord for over half a year. If that doesn't work because you have an extra chromosome use the web client.

If you're having problems with Steam on Ubuntu of all distros you actually need to off yourself. I can't comprehend someone being this retarded.

>Nothing works
Wow! You listed one thing that didn't work (probably because you're missing some kind of driver or didn't install it from a real source) and one thing that "doesn't exist" even though it does if you did a simple fucking google search.

Don't like the UI? Cool. Check out one of the numerous other DEs.

Why the fuck should we spend our time trying to convince you to use Linux? You're just going to shit yourself the second you need to read or think, despite the fact that you are willing to troubleshoot a Windows install for hours at a time, simply because you're familiar with it. Don't you have homework to do over the weekend timmy?

Steam for Linux is broken on anything that isn't Ubuntu LTS.
However, since OP is on Ubuntu, he is 100% retarded.
There is a official Discord for Linux client that is still in beta, but it works without many issues, you should try that.

>>We don't feel like babysitting retards who can't put the round peg in the round hole
Fixed that for you champ. Linux is far from a special secret club. There are plenty of forums for people who will happily troubleshoot for you.
It's clear that OP is set in his ways and doesn't actually want to learn, so why the fuck should we treat him like he does want to learn?

This is a technology forum, not a gaming forum. Sorry that using a good operating system is incompatible with your other hobbies.

Works fine nowadays on Fedora. Used to have a heap of issues, like crashing when someone sends you a message if you have sound notification enabled. But Valve has ironed most of them out, even though they didn't affect Ubuntu.

usability for you != usability for a person with at least traces of brain

>memefox