Arts lecture

>arts lecture
>90% of the laptops in the class are Macs
>engineering lecture
>90% of the laptops in the class are Windows/Linux

Are Mac users inherently less intelligent than Windows or Linux users?

Not really... You have lots of idiotic windows users as well... But people with Macs have more money than sense. So they either have lots of money or very little sense.

As an art student I feel insulted

I have an old c2d thinkpad, I use windows 7 with ssd, I plan to buy a t430 and o feel tech savy enough I could run my own PC repair business, I change the setup in my home network as a hobby
>living the Sup Forums meme

I feel like I was a nigger and you were doing a racist joke

From my point of view engineer students just don't know how to life and their shitty w10 HP doesn't make them smart.
Most of those I know are math monkeys

Generally they're pretty entitled faggots. I mean the same shit could be said about windows users, everything is so simplified on windows.

The one less intelligent than Windows, Linux and Mac users is the individual who cares about what operating system others use.

well a macbook costs ~1000€ and a descent and lightweight laptop cost a little less than that but they pack more power
So I would say apple users are just plain stupid

>I mean the same shit could be said about windows users

Or any systemd based distro users, things are really dumbed down with systemd

In my home country we have a saying:. "The exception confirms the rule."

>Art people are dumber than engineers
wew la, engineering is basic af, half of 9gag and plebbit are engineers

Also no, Macs are insanely popular among developers

Also, lying is wrong

Macs are great for those who want their hardware to work, and work well. Install whatever OS you want on it.

If you get a mac to multiboot and working correctly with your work station, you did it. You just won the universo and probably the best set up for a laptop you'll get.

>Buy new MacBook pro
>Can't use wifi when while outputting video
>No escape key
>Soldered RAM

We do that too but I just think that different categories of people have different sensibilities for different problems

I can say I'm an exception for my interest in technology among artists (cause i work with videos and computers) but i can't say painters with a broken Acer and 10 toolbars are stupids. They usually know better about different things.
That doesn't mean there aren't stupid peoples, it means that it isn't relates with their jobs

Which university do you go to?

Is that true about the WiFi and video??

Somehow I observed the opposite when I was in college.

It happens when you buy a non-Apple USBC adapter, even though that same adapter will work on any other laptop with the same USBC Gen 2 port.
Apple just sucks balls.

Yes.

>1000

The only good laptop they make besides the air if you could call it good is the pro series and thats gonna run you an extra grand min

Of course thats for the new ones. I would say if you really need final cut pro. You could always buy 3 year old hardware for 200 bucks less with a 2015 rmbp

Yeah I meant the macbook air, the pro is just way too expensive
and one thing that is really shitty on apple laptop is the 100% reflective screen, like wtf? you can't see shit when there's a window or light behind you

Bump

>using a Mac for art
>When the surface has a stylus
Why?

>Buying three year old hardware

>engineering lecture
>90% of the laptops in the class are Windows/Linux
Sounds like the first year or something...

With my Comp. Eng. program it went something like this:
>First year
>Probably 80% of laptops being brought to lectures are Windows laptops
>Plenty of luggable gay-murr laptops
>Second year
>Even split between Windows, Linux and Macs
>Luggable gay-murr laptops now a rarity

Then again my program has something like a 50% dropout rate the first year...

They don't make MacBook Airs anymore you retards

Also if anyone in this thread thinks buying a computer new is worthwhile they're mistaken.

>They don't make MacBook Airs anymore you retards
Why do they still sell them then?

Bought a Dell precision with a E5-1650 8gb ecc and a v5900 for 250$.
Good deal?

>Mfw I bought my MacBook broken for $300 on eBay
>Mfw I took to the Apple Store to get it fixed and remove firmware password.
>Mfw installed Linux and everyone thinks I'm a mactard

They still sell the trash can and the hardware inside isnt worth the half of what they want for it anymore.

Yes, but they still make and sell them. The fact that they haven't updated them in a while doesn't mean that they don't make them anymore.

Honestly, guys, unless you want to play video games on your computer, there's no real reason to not make your life easier with a MBP.

The industry pushed for these devices to become consumer products, which necessarily means they've become easier to use. The hardware in a full spec MBP is future-proof for more than a few years, and Apple does a great job of backwards support for their devices.

Do you really want the average person to navigate their way through ricer gaming laptops? They'd be coming on Sup Forums asking for advice as to why their fan has suddenly died, and when they post their specs you would just start screaming at them for buying an SSD and 64 GB RAM while only running an i5.

Ditto why I have an iPhone. The average person seems to have such a hard time with Android devices. I fucking hate iTunes but all I really wanted was an iPod that can make phone calls. Everything else is a bonus.

I think the newest MacBook Pros were a step in the wrong direction. I think it's going to be tough to install linux if there's no API for the touchbar, and we don't know how long it will take type C/thunderbolt to catch on. Also, I'm definitely going to miss magsafe.

> Failed at having a social life from the beginning
> Had one shot at a Jenny but Chad from Arts stole it
> A-at least I am le intellectual xD rite?
> Shitposts on Sup Forums echospace/safespace to reinforce his own resonance chamber and drown out his urges for human interaction, social gratification and societal acknowledgement.
Maybe you and sjws do have a lot in common.
Kys nignog

>take computer science
>buy a macbook
>I now have a full unix-style environment
>can virtualize windows or install natively
>don't have to spend hours/days fucking around with linux

But truth is if you think the computer makes or breaks your degree/intelligence, you probably don't deserve a degree.

>take computer science
>don't have to spend hours/days fucking computer science

Lol.

Business student here. I own a Macbook. The next computer I buy will probably be a Macbook. I do not care if you think I'm unintelligent. There are professional skills you need to have outside of enduring a 6 hour headache wondering what specs to shell out for on your new Samsung/Lenovo whatever. If I was majoring in IT Consulting I might get a Windows laptop, but then again when I actually got a job all the people at the consulting firm would be using Macs.

If you were IT consulting the firm would issue you a Surface or Macbook and expect you to remote into your cloud desktop

Oh, absolutely the new MBP are awful; already ordered a 2015 refurb. But Sup Forums is still anti-Apple like it's 2006.

>take computer science
>don't have to spend hours/days fucking around with linux

My god I hope you never run across a server in your career.