What's the fascination with non-fullsize keyboards?

what's the fascination with non-fullsize keyboards?

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=&size=Full Size&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
thumbscript.com/
massdrop.com/buy/topre-realforce-numpad-bundle
iomania.co.kr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 go to /mkg/
they're small

They look nice.

Sup Forums thinks they're cyberpunk hackers who need a portable mechanical keyboard to fit in their bug-out bag.

1) Numpads are generally useless unless you are in finance or accounting.

2) Smaller form factor means mouse is closer to keyboard, so let travel time when going from typing to mousing.

3) More portable, easier to carry around and lighter.

4) Looks nice, sleek, and minimalistic.

Limp wristed cucks
/thread

Not even joking here.

they are kawaii

>1) Numpads are generally useless unless you are in finance or accounting.
This is true, but when you have to do a lot of math on a computer not having a numpad is probably something that occurs in hell.

87 keys is the lowest I can go.

Do you seriously enter numbers on the number row above the letters? I haven't used those to enter numbers in like 20 years, I use the numpad exclusively for that.

>almost all functionalities lost
t r a s h

I am fine with removing the numpad but why get rid of the arrow keys

faggotry.

) Numpads are generally useless unless you are in finance or accounting.

Nonsense... I use it all the time when typing numbers.

>desktop keyboard
>more portable
kek

>there are anons who can't touch type using the number row
Using napkin calculations, moving your hands to the keypad and back takes half a second round trip. Entering a digit using number row takes 0.1 seconds more than using the numpad (very optimistic). Having a numpad makes reaching for the mouse take 0.5 more seconds round trip.

Thus, the benefit of using a numpad is
(average number of digits when typing numbers * 0.1) - ((times using mouse + times entering numbers) * 0.5)

For most people, this is very negative, and that's not counting the cost of lost desk space, portability, etc.

or, i dont want to fuck up my arms by having a wide ass fucking position due to a useless numpad section i never fucking use and find it more comfortable

>what is a function key
it has exactly as much as a regular keyboard you twat

those are all right there with function layer mapping. Heck that keyboard has more keys then your average membrane thanks to 3 fully programmable layers.

You can even go smaller if you want

because idiots with little deskspace think small keyboards are a better solution than trackballs

>can't move arms because they will get all bent out of shape and break

400lbs+ confirmed

8 keys is enough for ASCII.
>user hasn't memorized ASCII binary values

Why not go even smaller. All what you need is a single key with long presses for 1 and a short press for 0

OP I'm actually trying to find a normal size keyboard. All this new ones are shitty and fucking cramped.

then you aren't trying very hard.
If you want mechanical and live in the North America then check out:
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=&size=Full Size&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

There are over 160 full size keyboard, you can play with the filters at the top to narrow it down. If you don't live in North America tell me an I'll link you to as close to where you live as I can

I wrote this in Autohotkey a while back.
Fuck, not on the computer it is on.
Oh well.
Not sure why I did it. It fucking sucked.

Thumbscript was more fun to implement.
thumbscript.com/

But I am a cyberpunk hacker user. And I'm pretty 31337 too.

>i dont want to fuck up my arms by having a wide ass fucking position due to a useless numpad

What the fuck? I have a full size keyboard and my mousepad next to it and that's still just wide enough to align with my shoulders, which is uncomfortable close.

Nigga you just pulled those numbers right out of your ass, no lube, you prolapsed that shit.

My emails and passwords are dominantly or entirely numbers, I use the numpad a lot for this

i have a tenkeyless keyboard and a 13 button mouse

why can't more keyboards have this layout. I cant remember the last time I used arrow keys

i use arrow keys all the time

good for you user

sup Sup Forums

Now that we are on the subject of keyboards,
Can someone recommend me a keyboard like pic related ?

Pic related is a PS/2 Keyboard circa 2000.
What i like about the keyboard :

>wheel on the left side is for scrolling websites/documents
>arrows are for going back and forth webpages.
>wheel on the bottom is the audio control (up/down). pushing the wheel will mute the audio.
>the space aroudn the bottom wheel is very ergonomic for positioning your hands. typing/gayming
>buttons below the directional arrows are quick access for copy,cut,paste
>buttons near the directional arrows are shortcuts for alt tab & alt F4
>Nice music function buttons on the top right corner.

so Sup Forums can someone recommend me a mechanical swithc keybaord that i can use to replace the current one ?

thanks in advance.

maltron!

makes use of the num lock. i would use this reminds me of how it used to be

kinesis.

I just my numpad for keybindings/macros.

Leet hackers need more programmable keys not less.

Also I use my numpad to enter numbers since it's easier.

I like a 60% more than a full-size

did you get this numpad?

massdrop.com/buy/topre-realforce-numpad-bundle

Because any key not reachable from the home row might as well not exist.

Hey you're that guy from Reddit

Also what is this deskspace meme? Buy a bigger desk.

> Moving hands to use the mouse

Keybindings. Super inefficient to use the mouse to do stuff keybindings could accomplish

No I just bought a normal full sized keyboard like a non autistic person

wtf ? those stupid divided keyboards are horrible to type.

looks like someone is a poorfag

Mostly just the "I don't use this feature so I must have something that lacks it" meme.

aesthetic and practicality. when you play video games, the distance between wasd and your mouse being smaller feels better than if they were further apart.

You are not as obese as he is

What the fuck are you talking about?

I used to think numpads were useless, but they're actually pretty rad.

>i don't drink coffee but i need to buy a coffee maker for my kitchen

Number pad goes on the left.

I like having my hands directly in front of me as I type, and don't like having my hand half a foot further out than it has to be for typing.

this

>No F123... keys
>No function keys (home, print, end etc)
>No Esc key

once you use one you'll find out why. although i'm probs gonna buy a mech board with a compressed numpad/arrow key layout. turns outs i do a lot of number related shit. enough to annoy not having a numpad

how fucking retarded is this?

MOVE THE KEYBOARD OVER SO THAT THE KEYS ARE CENTERED

Is that a jew?
also, why keep the mouse aside the keyboard? you can keep it aside the monitor

yeah but then another problem arises

No it's hitomi from escaflowne

I love my 60% keyboard because I has severe problems in soreness with my arms. Having the mouse and keyboard much closer together is great.

you are drawing it wrong

kek

But now it's not centered anymore

60% sugoi desu

because you can have the numpad separately

If 5 keys is good enough for Engelbart, it's good enough for you.

Good, now let me type capital letters, numbers, punctuation, space, arrows and the modifier keys that programs use as shortcuts and I'll be set. And I don't want to make multiple strokes like I'm using sticky keys, since that's slower than using a normal keyboard.

sounds like you have some form of autism friend.

gtfo my gee hipster trash

Use a swivel chair and have the keyboard angled one way and mousepad angled the other. Then, simply swivel slightly to use the keyboard comfortably with your hands centred. When you need to use the mouse, swivel the other way.

Alternatively, instead of moving your forearm to get the mouse, pivot from the shoulder (this doubles your comfy range of motion about the desk)

Any Blue-switch keyboards with numpad on the left?

I would love to have something along these lines.

What's the weird obsession with inferior typing paraphernalia that forces you to move your hands back and forth to achieve slower wpm and not look like a cool scifi badass?

Sup Forums and other numales have never had to work with real numbers.
this: , >10 key
>wide ass position
>fucks up arms
manlet detected
anime picture of weird gaint
>anime picture
weeb confirmed
>gaint
>butthurt of "wide position"
>over compensating
manlet confirmed

Thats a sexy keyboard user, but I need arrow keys and use the 10key all the time, toggling numlock isnt an option.

>Numales
>Not office drones

Pick one. Data entry is the #1 job for numales. Real men use pen and paper because most computers would die within a week in our work environments and only the big shots get durable laptops.

I thought the no1 job for numales was a shitty store clerk position for their entire life, or forever trying to be a writer.

>use pen and paper
Engineering uses computers for everything now from what Im told.
Sure you dont take laptops into the mines, but you cant discredit everyone just because they dont break computers weekly.

The numpad should be on the opposite side of where you have your mouse.

It's data entry and other office work. They call it "comfy" and "white collar" for some reason.

Most people with a mind consider the lowlier cubicle drones sedate blue collar workers, given their low average intelligence, low lifetime achievement, and general shittiness.

South Korea.
Hit me.

better hand - eye coordenation for muh gaymen

sc2 btw

Where the fuck is the other PgDn?!

This.
I use numpad for loads of things.
Equally capslock+[key]

I pretty num lock+/ to open a UI to enable different layouts, which I can toggle on with scroll lock.
Although I've only got 3 of them.
Rarely use this. I should update it and maybe add the other things to it that I never bothered to.
The whole file is a fucking mess.

... sadly there are loads of retards that are like this.
A person I used to be "friends" with was like this as well. Always fucking complaining about how her arms were sore after playing a game of League.
We even poked fun at her, saying she had assburgers.
But then she went full SJW and told her to fuck off with her retarded arms and autism-lite.

Looks like it needs a cleaning but I love old ass keyboards with dozens of extra buttons n shit. What's the brand name of that one?

I am not an artist. FYI.

This is one real mofuggin G right here.

A master is out.

narrow shoulders
tenkeyless is super comfy for me, full size keyboard forces me to extend my right arm too much which sucks for extended shitposting sessions
narrow shoulder life

autism

What's the fascination with full size keyboards?

if you need to do math get a calculator

Get out TI shill

>trackballs
>for games

Numpads are great any time you have to type more than 2 numbers in a row.

I used a trackball on an FPS and had top scores consistently. Get fucked son.
And no, not shitty meme thumb-balls.
I mean actual trackballs.

Pic related. The only good trackball to have ever existed.
All the grip of a mouse, all the speed and precision of a mouse, basically none of the desk space required for it.
Used it for drawing as well.

Over-shoulder trackballs are the only good substitute for a mouse.
Symmetry-balls and thumb-balls can go fuck their own shitty ball holes. Not even a passable tranny.

Shame mines died.

Wat seriously. You have one if the biggest Ducky channels there and you can't find a keyboard

iomania.co.kr/

this user is right

>Where the fuck is the other PgDn?!
the keyboard doesn't come with those keycaps so when you buy an aftermarket set the keys don't perfectly match. Just look at at two arrow keys were the windows keys will go.

That keyboard is just all kinds of fuck.