Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

will it play well on dx12?

i currently own the 980ti

>currytek
Stopped reading there.

>Under $1000
Who the fuck is buying these high end cards? The last time I spent that kind of money would had been on an 8800 Ultra.

Is it idiots or is there a market of people trying to push into 4k gaming?

There are people who consider $1k pocket money.

My friend purchased the Geforce 3 for $1000 when it came out.

Shipping info on airplanes can't lie because terrorism and insurance if the plane blow

But can it play crisis?

There always have been. But those kind of cards tend to be rare. Now it's like borderline mainstream.
>Geforce 3
>$1000
Was he retarded or 3rd world?

>wccftech.com
Into the fucking trash. Besides, with how expensive the 1080 is, how we're not that far away from the initial launch, and the disappointing performance of the TItan X, I'm not hyped at all. Unless AMD pulls out a miracle with Vega, Navi and Volta should be the ones you should get. If you want great performance, just get a RX 480 or GTX 1060 and call it a day.

>Now it's like borderline mainstream

It isn't. At all. You're spending too much time on places full of tech enthusiasts on the internet. The 980 Ti is owned by less than 1% of people on Steam. The 1080 even less. The GTX 760 has more users than both put together, as of October. The market for these cards is tiny, and will be even tinier for the 1080 Ti at close to $1000.

So does this mean the price on the 1080 is going to drop?

Anime sucks

But why? AMD can't compete, you aren't a good Jew.

>steam
I'm talking about modern market. Look at how many people bought a 1080 compared to a 1070. Thats a lot of fucking people dropping $700 for a card. And the 1080 is suppose to be the base model of the high end Nvidia gaming gpus.

I'm just wondering if it means I will have to save up less in the end

I don't think they will drop the prices tb-h

>Was he retarded or 3rd world?
That's just the price it was here right on release.

So 3rd world.

This whole board is trash. You fags let this happen and now the board is only generals and shilling with an ounce of side mentality.

Welcome to neo4chan.

Anime still sucks

If you buy a 1080 at box store you might brcable to buy one at the whole sale price as they try to get them off the shelves

Got a 970 at micro center this way month or so back

Where's my 1060 Ti?

my 1070 is enough
twice as powerful as anything AyyMD and has a 150w power draw
you just cant get a better balance

>Implying Jewvidia has something to compete against Vega and his ridiculous amount of VRAM.

Where is Vega?

it's called the 1050ti. they already have two cards called the 1060

In Lyra.

>150w power draw
Is that why it has an 8 pin connector?

>MOAR CORES
>MORE VRAM
>MORE GIGAHERTZ!
And yet Intel/Nvidia still btfo AMD hard

So it doesnt fry your motherboard like AMD's Poo-in-the-GPU

>18 watts more
>housefire
Nice chuckle there m8. Let's face it, AMD put most of the good Polaris chips on their enterprise grade shit or prebuilt shit. Polaris is actually incredibly efficient.

If the power draw was 150W, then it would only need a 6 pin power connector.

Then why did the rx480 fry motherboards until AMD did a halfassed driver fix :^)

why is it that the 1070 and 1080 Founders Edition run perfectly cool and quiet on a stock cooler while the rx480 needs an aftermarket with an 8 pin so it doesnt get blown to bits

Why do you shitpost? It has never been fun. Subtle trolling is not only more fun, it's more fun for everyone.

>Polaris is actually incredibly efficient
The 1070 is far faster, the 1060 draw the half of power

>the 1060 draw the half of power
user, you can stop now. Jesus Christ, I'd love to continue on this (You) shitpost stream, but I don't give a fuck about either of these companies. I hope you get more (You)s.

>I don't give a fuck about either of these companies
But why are you mad? :^)

I got a 1080 last week. should I return it?

No retard

You sound like someone who did zero research on said purchase. Just end yourself.

>Then why did the rx480 fry motherboards until AMD did a halfassed driver fix :^)
How the fuck should I know?

Explain why, if maximum power draw is 150W, does the 1070 require an 8 pin supplementary power connector?

When you want the most powerful what research is needed? Me personally I want to be limited as little as possible

Run fans and make sure it has the power it needs it's mostly redundant would be my guess

Fans will be included in the power draw figure. The real reason is they expect it may draw more power than 150W.

What monitor are you running?

Right now a 1080p but if I want to upgrade to 4k in the future it will be one less step to do so

Acer S211

>Right now a 1080p
I rest my case.

Well let's see.
I make around 67.000$ a year plus minus bonuses.
My life goes something like this.

Wake up > Work > Come home > Make food > Play Video games > Watch shit > Sleep

Sometimes one of these is replaced by going out with friends or something.
But realistically what am I supposed to spend the money on?

I have around 120.000$ saved so far. I'm 32. Working since 8 years ago.

I'm not interested in cars.... I have an apartment. So like what do I spend my money on except my hobbies?

And shit like trips to Tokyo or Europe cost what a few thousand dollars. I can't even spend that much money. I mostly use Airbnb and shit for staying somewhere.

Did you even read the rest of my post or are you blind?

So like I said mostly redundant

So you get no time Off?

>32 and a wageslave who wastes time with vidya and Sup Forums
if i ever get to this state id kill myself
thanks for remindibg me

What else would he do? I mean honestly

thats what im figuring out myself, actually
but im 19, if you havent figured out how to be meaningful by 32 you might as well be wasting oxygen

Maybe he doesn't wish to be meaningful maybe he just wants to enjoy himself

>enjoying yourself
>playing vidya and watching anime all day
kek

I don't know who would buy a $600 gpu and not use steam

Maybe this is what he enjoys why knock him for it?

Someone interested in Cuda and 3d modeling

At least he's not a 19 year old edgy faglord trying to make up for the fact that he has nothing to his name except an ambition to put people down for their life choices.

1080 OWNERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>1080 finally falls down to msrp
>people will be buying 1080 TIs for the same price that 1080 owners paid for their card

>Poolaris is incredibly efficient
>mid tier card
>pulls more power than a 1080
>incredibly efficient

This is basically what happens with every Ti launch, you dumbass memer.

This is why I'm glad I'm saving up for one if I can get a ti instead for the money I'm already putting away that's a huge plus

The 980 Ti was more expensive then the 980 though?

>t. waitfag

[spoiler]You're not going to be meaningful by 32[/spoiler]

>my old AMD card died so I had to buy early
jdimsa desu senpai

>He thinks his life is meaningful
>He is 19

Ayyy user

No, they actually made sure to make it the worst dx12 performance you could possibly get.

if you give up and watch anime and play vidya all day, sure

>implying i implied that
if youre still wasting time being a wageslave and pleasuring yourself and nothing but at 32 you might as well kill self tho

You're 19, you don't know anything.

any 1050 or Ti owners here? Have you found any significant bottlenecks yet? mainly regarding CGI and video editing.

THEY DID IT AGAIN

>cheaper than the titan
>same price as the 1080
>1080 prices drop

NVIDIOTS LITERALLY ON SUICIDE WATCH

HOW WILL YOU FAGS RECOVER FROM THIS? YOU FELL FOR IT LAST TIME AND YOU HAVE JUST FALLEN FOR IT AGAIN.

still better than literally anything AMD has

>AMDrones still think buying Nvidia is a choice and not a must if you want a GPU that isnt complete shit

if Nvidia let them make use of their software they'd be on the same page hardware wise.

Please continue blaming everyone else for AMD's incompetence, shill.

>if my competitor let me use their stuff I'd be just as good

lmao nvidiots eternally btfo

>giving your competition a leg up
ffs man

It's because AMD can't compete...

fuck off back to Sup Forums, nigger.

> 10240 MB GDDR5X
> "384"b

yeah, these chucklefucks learned nothing from their 3.5gate humiliations

Nvidia stock increased by 30% today. The yield resulted in profit greater than AMD's entire assets.

Shut the fuck up, seriously.

If you're going to be a braindead consumerist at least read books and get knolwedgeable on something

What they learned was to put the same number of chips as they had SM units so that they wouldn't suffer the 3.5 problem again.

You people are ridiculous unused knowledge is wasted knowledge. If you are learning about something you never intended to do you are wasting time.

>ughh you fucking braindead conformists
>im just gonna sit around and jack off to cartoons all day, that'll show them!

Seriously, stop pretending to be smart. You're just a waste of oxygen.

kys

wtf are you talking about? this was my first post

pragmatism like this makes you a worthless shell of a person

>worthless shell of a person

No it makes you someone who learns what you need and knows it better than anything else if my job is to repair computers other than it being my hobby why would I study music theory over comp Sci?

you said this is literally all you do

>Wake up > Work > Come home > Make food > Play Video games > Watch shit > Sleep

This makes you a worthless shell of a person

Obviously I'm not him but if that's what he enjoys why is it a problem? It's not like he is dissatisfied with his job or his life why would he rock the boat?