What does Sup Forums think of Antergos?

What does Sup Forums think of Antergos?

It seems interesting to me since it uses the Arch kernel and has the option of using the AUR but with a much simpler install.

Other urls found in this thread:

almsaeedstudio.com/themes/AdminLTE/index2.html
github.com/Antergos/antergos-packages/tree/master/antergos/cinnamon
archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/cinnamon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

botnet

fuggin love it.

Good distro, except for the installer

Interesting to see AdminLTE in a desktop application.

almsaeedstudio.com/themes/AdminLTE/index2.html

Install Slackware

I'm tired of it.
Waiting for the bootstrap 4 version :3

if i wanted to use an inferior OS id use arch instead of antergos
but i dont, so i wont

I've been enjoying it so far.

Why are you using mac os instead of arch then?

because its better

What do you think is more inferior, mac os or arch?

mac

wrong

top fucking kek

baka

I use Debian. But if I had to choose another distro it would be Antergos.

Fuck you, every thread and board I go into I see you spamming this same shitty desktop, it's just OSX, is this really all you have done with your life that you're proud of?

jealous

It's literally vanilla Arch with a repo for skins and icon themes. I vastly prefer it over the cancerous Arch install routine.

why the fuck is this place full of brazilians

last time I checked you guys barely has access to our low tier hardware due to your ridiculous taxes sheit

And this same reply every time as well. No one is jealous of OSX with the bottom bar disabled, If you're not NEET I'm almost jealous at the amount of free time you have to spam the entirety of this website

Because we live in a semi-Dystopian shithole. We can't help being /cyb/.

Love Antergos. Easily my favorite Linux distro.

>arch
lol
gentoo is far superior

Man enough not to use a shitty OS, too much of a pussy to install Arch yourself.

I only ever had problems with it.
I say this as someone who runs Arch as a daily driver. Every Antergos install I've had has run into problems.
From not fetching all of the packages (C'mon how hard is it to pacstrap? I've /never/ had pacstrap fail on a vanilla arch install)
Having to fix my locale (which is not the biggest issue, but I'm using EN, UTF-8, how are you gonna fuck that up?)
It has just made sense for me to do vanilla installs. It's not that hard. I would love a convenient way to expedite the Arch install though. None of the ones out there seem to do it consistantly though.

You act like installing arch is hard. After you've done it a few times it quickly becomes tiring. I've written a script to do it for me.
You can break it down into three steps.
1.)Format and mount
2.)Pacstrap
3.)chroot
It's not hard, in the slightest. stop making it into some secret club. It's really fucking simple

This.

You just need to RTFM.

What is wrong with the installer? Or are you one of those complete morons who think having an installer is bad because convenience is bad and everything should be as non-user friendly as possible?

Being new is okay but being a clueless idiot is not.

>Protip
N̲E̲V̲E̲R̲ argue with me without actually knowing what you are talking about

It praises itself in being "easy arch" but the installer is so shitty I ended up installing Arch to avoid problems.
If you're really so retarded you can't install Arch, use an installer; Antergos is crap.
>inb4 muh time is important
It takes like 10 commands and 20 minutes

Bad idea, It will eventually break and when you'll need help every arch using autist are going to flame you and tell you to fuck off.

Worked on my machine.

>20 minutes for base install
>entire week to get a fully functional desktop environment that doesn't look like ass

When you niggers talk about how quick Arch is to install, you fail to mention that's just for the base system.

Arch for retards
Use Arch

>Using a webapp to install packages

It's Arch + Numix icons.
Easy to install.

Also:
Many people say that the installer sucks.
It's because the whole thing is rolling release and they constantly upgrading the installer, too.
So yeah, sometimes the installer do have bugs. but most of the time it works well.

You probably want to install the system once (and work with it for a while), so it shouldn't be a problem.
While this is far from perfect, (I, for example, never had a problem with it) it's a small price for having an Arch installer.

Others will say the reason is to install Arch is to know Arch.
Because, you see, you'll encounter problems eventually and you'll have no idea how to fix them.

I installed Antergos a few times and can comfirm this.
It's beautiful and comfy... until you have to use the terminal.
And then you're fucked.
Sometimes I couldn't even install stuff from the AUR. There was a problem, I had no idea how to solve it (even googled it), and that's it.

So I say one should learn the basics of Arch, at least.
I really want to use Antergos, but I still feel my lack of understanding.
But hey, it's just my opinion, so whatever.

For me beside Gentoo and Debian the best Distro out there

I use arch-anywhere, it's alright and doesn't force meme names

> using unicode to simulate underlining

jesus christ fucking kill yourself

is this the new desktop thread?

This is the most retarded post I've ever seen. Kill yourself painfully fucking faggot.

arch with a buggy installer

real arch should never have dropped their script

>oh wait, arch devs can't into dev and the maintainers left

And yet even 9front has a "press enter to not give a fuck" installer script.

You sure are leet, typing out those commands yourself. It's not a waste of time or anything.

>>>>that doesn't look like ass

Sorry about your chronic ricing disorder man, but some of us can appreciate the comfy linux aesthetic

C L E A R L O O K S
L
E
A
R L O O K S (linux quality shitposting)

>So I say one should learn the basics of Arch
I strongly disagree. There is nothing interesting to learn about GNU or Linux, even BSD at least makes sense.

I don't want to waste my cognitive time having to understand what kind of shit some codemonkeys came up with.

the distro is good you have to keep a sticky note how to enable wired connection when it breaks for no reaason.

Actually do the opposite
Install antergos and slowly learn arch and go vanilla arch later on

>far superior
>can't even into systemd-boot

This is the most retarded post I've ever seen. Kill yourself painfully fucking faggot.

Gentoo has systemd

It doesn't support systemd-boot though. That's what I said.

90% of shit you will need comes with DE of your choice. If you need 1 week to install handful of packages then you are indeed retarded and should stick to Antergos or even better Ubuntu/Mint. Complete install and setup of Arch shouldn't take more than 1 hour for someone who is new.

just installed antergos cinnamon
it feels kinda laggy, windows take 2-3 secounds to open

Installed it:

- Installer is shiny and convenient
- Not as many options as architect though
- Installs its own rice with your DE/WM
- Somehow forgot to install display drivers for me

The architect iso was a bit nicer to me, did not notice any real differences with arch in normal use. Maybe if I wanted a DE installed and configured with it Antergos would be better

How much ram does this use?

>Install antergos and slowly learn arch and go vanilla arch later on

Oh I kinda wanted to say this.

I mean I did what you just said: I tried Antergos, liked it, and THEN I decided to learn the commands and stuff.

is that the "stock" look or did you season it a bit with rice?

>rice

>gnome
>arc theme

you shoul've pacman -Syy before running the installer

Nice shitpost you retarded mongoloid.

These are the cinnamon packages of Antergos:
github.com/Antergos/antergos-packages/tree/master/antergos/cinnamon

Show me source that's responsible for your fucking claims. Oh wait, you can't, because you're a retard who just spreads his cancer here

Btw, here are the arch packages, which are basically the same:
archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/cinnamon/

Because you don't get the cool arch screenfetch logo unless you change it manually. And if you change it manually you feel bad about yourself.

When booting from the installer ISO, package databases and cnchi are being updated automatically before it's being launched. There is absolutely no need for doing anything manually, unless something breaks. But this is the nature of rolling release. A rolling release distro that is based on another one can't be proactive and is only able to react to breaking changes.

Arch installers being broken is just a Sup Forums meme

I didn't change any of these files. What do you say now?

>Arch kernel
you mean Linux?

You added an alias

No, the lsb-release package is not in the antergos repos and the arch package is being used. lsb-release takes precedence when running neofetch or screenfetch

Interesting. Noted.

How do I change it manually without setting an alias?

did you even read the responses

What the fuck is wrong with you people

>What the fuck is wrong with you people

What do you mean?

Who gives a shit which logo your screenfetch shits out? Apparently the distro epeen is real.

I just don't like the antergos logo

It looks like big blue wet shit, I suppose.

I installed and used arch on my x220 until then I upgraded to an SSD and wanted a fresh install so went with antergos because I was in a lazy mood - given the choice again I'd go for antergos

Solus has a good logo

pacman -S plasma
Jesus, that was hard.

It's not Solus.