Why the YoutTube UI is so fucking garbage? Google is multi-billionaire but can't pay someone to design a decent site

Why the YoutTube UI is so fucking garbage? Google is multi-billionaire but can't pay someone to design a decent site.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/trizen/youtube-viewer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what? you think you can do a better job faggot?

What's garbage about it?

>open it up
>search what you want in the easy to find search box
>enjoy your video
???

i agree, it's pretty minimal considering it's google

if you want to avoid the side, you can export your subscriptions as a list of rss feeds, open them in your rss reader of choice, and then download the videos using youtube-dl.

Yeah, but that's autistic

github.com/trizen/youtube-viewer

the UI on every Google page is shit. just look
>Google plus
>groups
>news

YOUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE

Do you mean the current one, or pic related?

>material yt
hot af tbqh phams

>Not using black theme

Elaborate

It really is a hard decision to make who's website looks shitter Facebook or YouTube

Even Android's UI (and UX for that matter) is trash. Material design feels like a step backwards.

Is there any product that is competently designed nowadays? I feel like all the actual research in visual interfaces and human-machine interaction has been thrown in the bin in name of aesthetics.

at least i don't have to visit the website everytime i want to watch a video

They should've made the top bar red

Use stylish if you think you can make it better instead of complaining here

You ain't seen nothing, the biggest pizza chain in my country has a website so shit that it calculates the cost of your order for half a minute (and everything else runs smoothly, so it can't be because there's too many people using it).

I think it's the best web UI I've ever seen.

Because it's made by Indians who have incompatible aesthetic views with the Western world when it comes to design.The guidelines provided are supposed to be easy to follow and simple so that any software engineer can use Material Design. Many apps are made by small studios made up entirely of programmers with no budget for design. Material design being clean, simple, modern, and easy to follow with with clear logical goals allows pretty much anyone to design decent looking apps around it without having to fuss too much. These simple guidelines also promote visual continuity among native and non-native apps. As designers it's easy to pick it apart and be critical of it, and rightfully so because it's pretty much made to bypass or subvert every designer's job.

>It really is a hard decision to make who's website looks shitter Facebook or YouTube

Mostly since I have never been to Facebook.