NES MINI SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE

4 MILLION SALES IN FIRST WEEK

>Emulation of the entire NES library has been freely available for years
>People will still pay online scalpers 15 times inflated prices for the Mini NES that is limited to 30 games
>Proof that people don't care about free software

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/support/oss/index.html
reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5cgbkm/linux_on_nes_classic_mini_current_progress_and/
ssbwiki.com/List_of_national_tournaments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if thats true why arent you exploiting it for your own profit?

What did you expect?
It's so kyuuuute

Most normies haven't a clue what emulation is, let alone download ROMs and set them up to play them. That few that do would find the process intimidating, despite being easy for us.

The reason this is selling well is that this is a simple, easy to use, solution.

It's too late for that
The nest opportunity to scalp is in december when the second batch arrive. I think it will reach even higher prices assuming it ships before christmas

They just need to make a mini ThinkPad, like 5 inch. IBM branded obviously.

>inb4 but user you forgot the x3285932e.nano

I bought one because I've been enjoying the free roms for years and I wanted to give something back.

>tfw no remastered thinkpad 701c butterfly

>Proof that people don't care about libre software
FTFY

Add to that the nostalgia it brings. I bet many people are buying it because of that.

This, I'm sure many people buying these use NES emulators, these things are still neat. Hell I've already got a metric buttload of NES ROMs with emulators on all my devices and will still probably buy one of thses

emulation is illegal, unless you manually dump your own roms

You can legally download ROMs of games you own.

When has that stopped people?

This. If you own it, you can get a back up from anywhere

>nes mini gets released
>everyone going full meltdown
>walk into my local electronic store
>buy two at normal price
>keep one, sell the other for double
free nes mini

desu i wouldn't even buy the console itself but rather the controller, at least for me that makes it totally worth it for the nostalgia part, it's like playing PSone games with an Xbone/360 controller, if you owned the real PSone and played with a dualshock it just feel wrong [spoiler]and specially without a CRT[/spoiler].

You got conned. Should have sold it for 5-10 times more.

That's not true, emulation has been known to normies since the early 2000s

honestly, I just always wanted a mini version of the nes. I hope nintendo gets the hint and makes a mini snes later on and considers "CONSIDERS" making a mini n64. (unlikely) Now, am i willing to pay more than 59.99 b4 tax for it? hell no. Anyone that does is encouraging the scalpers and it will never stop so long as someone just HAS to get it or else their spouse's child won't love them.

for shits and gigs i replied to 3 crabs list ads asking over 300 burger bucks and offered 59.99 and 5 bucks for their trouble. no replies naturally. Plan on using my friends phones to spam msrp offers till my troll boner is satisfied.

>not scalping the NES Mini
joke's on you, OP

Does this apply on games/DVDs?
Pirated Fallout 3 works perfectly while in legit one on Steam you have to fuck with .ini files etc.

No, you can't. You can legally dump your own ROMs only. Yes, my Excitebike cartridge has the same exact sequence of bits as your Excitebike cartridge, and copying a dump I did has the same end result, but you're only allowed to dump your own cartridge.
Not to mention, the site distributing the ROMs most likely does not have permission to distribute them.

I'm saving up for when the Switch comes out. I'm gonna buy a truck full to sell on ebay.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

>free software

People are obviously buying it for the plastic case, not the software.

Secondly, no one gives a shit about "freedom." A consumer wants the thing for which he paid to perform as specified. RMS is a fat faggot whose sole accomplishments are a C compiler and a text editor. Wow, an undergrad could make both of those things for a senior project. Like a typical Jew, he eschews pursuing excellence in his field and instead goes to promote some Marxist cause.

I'll just wait until February/March and snap one up on eBay for £15.

are people still using zsnes? or snes9x?

Compare the success of the nes mini to the failure of the ouya. Is it that Nintendo has good will and people are nostalgic? The ouya would be a technically superior console for emulation, barring the presentation and controllers. I also recognize the price difference, but the nes mini confuses me more than the ouya. If you bought one or the other, what is the difference to you?

again with the member berries

stop holding on to the past

They're only like 200$ when they show up on Ebay

Pretty much this. Safe to say those of us with any experience with emulation or other similar means of accessing the library do not really fall within the target audience for this thing. And though I can't speak for all, I think it's safe to say the same also applies to those of us who still own a working, original NES.

That would be foolish. There's a reason the Switch isn't being released in time for Christmas and the NES Mini is.

the NES has tens of millions of fans and a multi-decade legacy
>why did a no-name console not outsell it?

during*

only one generation i think, from what wikis and documentaries tell me. i am 18 and i rarely find people my age or younger that know much about any emulation. most that do know that "you can download it and play for free," nothing else.

All them member berries

>no Paperboy
>no Skate or Die 2
Fuck that. For the same price you can get a singleboard computer with everything you could possibly need to run it, a NES usb controller, a miniature NES case for it, and any fucking idiot can follow the simple as shit guides to set it up.

Why do people still pretend this is a big new idea

The fucking OP suggested emulation

Nobody gives a shit.

Somewhat. I used to sell Atari 2600 systems on eBay back then. System + two dozen games would go for $150 easily. Two years later, it would sell for maybe $50, not even worth the effort to pack & ship.

I blamed the rise of emulation, I think around that time, Atari 2600 emulation actually started to get good. Primitive as the system is, it was notoriously tricky to properly emulate. Though thinking further about it, if you were looking for an Atari 2600, chances are you were probably nerdy enough to know about emulation. For all the people who didn't foray far from Myspace or Facebook, probably not so much.

I use it when dicking around with lunar magic, but nowadays Retroarch beats almost everything

The NES Mini is actually powered by open source software, saw a stream and the about/settings panel had an "open source" tab.

You will be hard pressed to find multimedia electronics that don't use parts of the Linux kernel, ffmpeg or mplayer

They do t have permission to distribute them for sure but you can download roms of games you own, it's some kind of legal protection involving purchased property and potentially damaged data (like how sony says it's okay if you own them because discs scratch)

The people who are buying the mini NES are fans, I'm pretty sure a lot of them have used emulations software.

t. big nintendo fan and user of emulation software who will buy this

but well m8, i want the newest one, the modern one

Now imagine what fortune they could make if they dropped a Mini SNES.

nintendo.co.jp/support/oss/index.html

poor horders,those hipster will break in their houses and steal those mini profit much

You dont even need to won it.
maybe in 1995, this is 2016 user.. nobody gives a fuck anymore.

>mini snes
Buy an r4 and he pirate the iso... works really good

I use a microUSB to HDMI cable and use a bluetooth controller to emulate games on my phone on the TV.

NES is overrated compared to SNES or PS1 though, I definitely wouldn't pay money for that.

Wait for the SNES mini getting announced any time now.

i remember how blown away i was when I discovered Nesticle and Genecyst back in the 90's. It was and still is just too good to be true that all those great games are up for grabs

NES games are proprietary though

speaking of emulation any recommendations for a genesis style controller for PC? currently using an old 360 controller and the d pad is a catshit afterthought, Don't need analog sticks i mainly play NES and Genesis games (muh childhood)

So when will somebody hack it to play other games?

Not anytime soon. the internal memory is not an sd card glued to the motherboard.

why is this on here and not on

Man I really should hack my 3ds

>this isn't technology

Not that guy but just because it's related to technology doesn't mean it's not more appropriate Sup Forums. It's like when people use nazi uniforms as an excuse to talk about white nationalism on /fa/.

>implying that's relevant
reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5cgbkm/linux_on_nes_classic_mini_current_progress_and/

Its not a hack. Its pix related

More importantly, people will still pay money to nintendo, the worst video game company by a mile

Just a reminder that Nintendo is the only game publisher in the world that can get away with selling 2 identical games on the same release day for the same full retail price.

>NES ROMs
>free software
are you retarded

what the fuck
a RPi3 costs like 40$ and you can play any of your shitty NES games you wish on your TV and even more.

there are even RPi emulator packs on ebay if you are too dumb to install retropie or too lazy to buy all the components and controlers

And destroy huge fan projects, aggresively pursue legal action against people that even as much as looks wrong at their IP's, make shitty consoles, enforce shitty gimmicks on devs, force destructive marketing campaigns that hurt the entire industry, and generally just being the worst

What game?

I know Mariokart 8 and 7 were the same,

And ssb Wii u and ssb Wii were exactly the same.

But what was released on the same day?

the USB controller doesn't feel the same

>>Proof that people don't care about free software
you are batshit retarded.

is right.

All the normies I know about KNOW about emulation because they've seen my softmodded Wii that I use to play older consoles, but despite the fact they think it's cool, they don't feel it's as 'authentic' as using the older hardware to play these games.

Nintendo hit the nail on the head by providing something that even emulates the fact you're using offical, older hardware.

They're also 21 years old when they show up on eBay

Emulation with a softmodded Wii on a CRT was so damn good.

Just shows you've never played either of those games on WiiU. MK8 is literally the greatest racing game ever made and reviews confirm it. SSB is also awesome and was a hit on the pro scene. ssbwiki.com/List_of_national_tournaments

>proof that people don't care about free software
>nes mini runs gnu/linux and has a documented SoC

??????

It's sold out everywhere because Nintendo is doing their usual scarcity bullshit where they send each store literally 2 units each to make people go "IT'S SOLD OUT SO IT MUST BE SUPER POPULAR" and they can keep prices high in the future because scalpers will be trying to sell them for even higher prices.

Also

>reviews
>not user reviews
Fucking idiot. Just cause they say its good doesn't mean its good.

And yes I have mariokart 8 and it is literally a few dif maps and you go upside down. Fuck off stupid nintendo fanboy

>>not user reviews

#REKT
#BTFO

#TOLD

>just cause they sat its good doesn't mean its good

You were talking about the big reviewers not the user reviews.

You are obviously underaged and should go back to

>It's cheaper to buy a Nes Mini than to buy the individual games themselves on Virtual Console

>wanted to give something back
Cuck

You got #TOLD

Professional reviewers score is 88.

Hack my anus too please

That keyboard design would break all the time.

if only it could connect to a crt then maybe i could sell these 21" screens to nostalgiafags

the mini NES has SNES games on it

it doesn't
the confusion comes from the final fantasy games which were never released in the west, causing the snes FF6 to be named FF3 in the US

How's the emulation is it as good as new 3ds?

if it had an SD slot for moar games i'd buy one. theres maybe 4 of the preloaded games that i like

In the european region, does this come with european ROMs? Would be a waste if it did.

It's dogshit on both. The two optimized games (Megaman X, SMW) work decently but the rest of the library is a crapshoot.

euro and NA versions are the same, jp is cuter famicom design with about 5 or 6 different games to the NES version

It's not for you

But man it just doesn't feel "right" playing it on the PC.

That's why we gamers prefer to sit on our couch playing our $100 games on REAL HARDWARE.

Fuck off back to /vr/

i play mine on an xbox connected to a 28" crt. they feel wrong without scanlines, and the scanline filters for LCD look like ass