Anyone using Void Linux?

This distro is amazing, now i see why people kept complaining about systemd, it boots up twice as fast than my Arch box. Also i3-gaps by default in the repos, amazing really. The only downside that i see is that you don't have access to AUR.

Other urls found in this thread:

judecnelson.blogspot.com/2014/09/systemd-biggest-fallacies.html?_escaped_fragment_=#!
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What happens when a package lists systemd as a dependency?

systemd is indeed very slow. I don't want to start backing shit up otherwise i would totally install Void.
You can't install it.

Well i have installed everything i needed and all the packages are ported to runit instead of systemd. no problems so far and less bugs than on arch linux. also installed bumblebee and nvidia drivers with no problems (im on a laptop). Some things like xbacklight worked here out of the box instead of arch that i had to find a way to change backlight writing values to the device...

by the way, some of the aur packages work if you get them from github and adapt them if they use systemd. otherwise they run out of the box.

heres some money for the (YOU) cuck

osx is for noobs :)

that looks like poop

Its repos are smaller than debian or fedora`s though.

yeah, but all the packages on debian and fedora are built with systemd in mind :X

let's not forget that void linux also uses libressl!

>less bugs on arch linux
How many bugs did your arch have?

What makes Void better than Arch?

>it boots up twice as fast than my Arch box

why do children still think boot times are "relevant" but also in any way a reliable factor of performance?

How much does it hurt you to wait for your screen to come up 20s later in a world where 90% power cycle their computers once a day?

I never heard of it but it sounds gay.

the arch children updated their kernels hourly with new placebo patches

well i got a weird bug using mv and dd copying large amounts of data, cpu started going high until i got even lag on the ui and terminals. then the data i copied was corrupted. it was one of the reasons i uninstalled it.

No joke, void was actually my very first experience with linux, in a VM. I wasnt able to do anything but I felt like it was really cool.
void has much more software available through its xbps-src than its binary packages, right?
I consider trying it again.

idk, i just tried the binary packages, everything works fine so far (two days running only but i didnt find any problem). i like runit a lot more than systemd also, maybe its personal preference but i like that is minimal and fast.

>no systemd
>into the trash it goes.

>systemd is indeed very slow
How slow?
I'm using SystemD and it takes 40 sec to boot from grub, and I'm on HDD as well.

TH-THANK YOU BASED LENNART-SAMA
STILL WAITING FOR THE KERNEL

It's the systemd distros which actually belong there though.

Wait, what? Systemd will assimilate the Linux kernel?

its a meme that one day systemd will be so bloated that it will write its own kernel

yes

prepare for systemd/Linux or as I've been calling it recently systemd+Linux

Void is not the only distro that doesn't use systemd. There's also Gentoo and Slackware, for starters. Void doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Also, for consideration of systemd users: judecnelson.blogspot.com/2014/09/systemd-biggest-fallacies.html?_escaped_fragment_=#!

>complaining about systemd, it boots up twice as fast than my Arch box
Arch just sucks.
This is how fast systemd boots.

yes i void using linux

yes the boot time is important. doesn't matter that systemd goes against unix philosophy, that guarantees security, stability, interchangability. it doesn't matter that he works for redhat which is openly sponsored by cia niggers.

UNIX doesn't guarantee any of those things.
Also it really doesn't matter if it follows UNIX.

Also the UNIX meme in general can fuck off, its a proprietary standard made for proprietary software to guarantee compatibility with a bunch of proprietary UNIX.