Do you have any opinions that would trigger Sup Forums? Post them here

Do you have any opinions that would trigger Sup Forums? Post them here.

>I think the mouse is a great invention and an incredibly useful interface.
>I think the trackpad/touchpad with multi-touch is good, and I think it's only failing is that they're not made as big as normal sized mousepad so you run out of room.
>gestures are useful

I think systemd is great.

I think Solus is the best go-to beginner friendly Linux distro.

Why aren't you using Solus, Sup Forums?

I used to like touch gestures until it gave me arthritis.

I'm using that shit right now.

Lemme tell you: It's pretty fucking good at what it does, but it's still not -that- good. I find myself that I have to have both a mouse and that shit on the desk, and that doesn't help much. Because it's nice to have 20 gestures with bettertouchtool, but I get pretty lazy with shit like photo editing or even anything like word processing. I find that easier to handle with the mouse.

So I tried using the trackpad with my left hand. What happens is, I'm not used to it, it still can move the mouse and scrolling with the left hand never felt so fucking weird. S'all awkward really.

Apple made pretty good products.

Solus is dead. There's an official Budgie Ubuntu spin now.

My ideal setup is a mouse for pointing and clicking, and a dedicated "gesture pad" on the opposite side of the keyboard. Of course, that would need better gesture support in the OS to make it worth doing.

The proliferation of mobile phones and tablets is ruining the internet.

Yeah, I wish I didn't buy a keyboard that took so much space. I'm trying to get used to my left hand doing this shit.

Mint/Ubuntu/Debian are great and Fedora/Gentoo/Arch are for tryhard fags.

Also GNOME, KDE, LXDE are ugly, with KDE also being non-functional.

Mechanical keyboards are a meme. I'm using the same Logitech K120 I was years ago.

I often think about how useful gestures could be in things like video games and code editing. It's just this completely untapped field for power users, because everyone assumes power users can only mean "keyboard shortcuts". e.g., a lot of the not-very-intuitive keyboard shortcuts for emacs paredit could be replaced with intuitive multi-finger swiping on a gesture pad, even slurp+barf. That's a pipe dream though. Emacs doesn't even support a proper not-terminal UI and hacks it in through several layers of abstraction, they're never going to support gestures.

just get apple magic mouse. its touchpad and mouse in 1

I like Python

Explain.

it has a touch surface that can be used for gestures

Wow. That thing has some good features. Too bad it's a meme on Sup Forums because it charges upside down.

>be user, listening anime music with headphones
>relax hand on mouse because it's curved exactly as your hand and you like it
>taiwanese dickwaving site which was somehow assigned to a gesture opens
>bad gesture detection thinks that i'm using the assigned gesture to increase volume
>mouse slips because no friction on the upper side and sweaty hands, clicks a random tab
>mouse becomes wet soap, again because of sweaty hands
>"fuck it, i'll just use my old mouse"
>you forgot which port the mouse is plugged in
>tries a random port
>you unplug USB headphones
>everyone in the house is hearing some taiwanese guy fapping over anime music

>user proceeds to shill against apple on Sup Forums everyday

Apple products are good

JS is a very good language which allows me to do many things that are less elegantly possible than in other languages
OS X is the best OS to exist and still is today

OSX is pretty good. I wish people could put their hands on it and fix the performance issues.

It's not very ergonomic either. I’d advise against it.

Nice, very nifty. I guess that alleviates the "apple can't right click" meme, since you can just use a two-finger tap. It looks uncomfortably flat though. Who knows, maybe Microsoft will come up with something similar. Their "Arc Mouse" can already bend to fit your hand and has a touch-strip with haptic feedback instead of a scroll wheel. It'd be great if they just expanded the touch to the entire mouse surface.

I can't stand Mac OS. There's no sloppy focus and there's no contrast so everything hurts to look at.

I used Linux as my only OS for years and I genuinely think Microsoft is a good company and that Windows is a good operating system, and I have zero interest in OS flamewars.

Windows and OS Xare the best OSs ever to be made
gentoo and gnu whatever you call it is a waste of time and effort when you can just put mint, arch or ubuntu and have a blast
AMD FX 8350 is a poor man's i5 6600k imo
SSDs are the future
I actually liked Windows Vista

Old Apple mice could right click but the setting was disabled by default. Also, the old mice don't feel like it can right click but it really can.

1.) I think ITX is completely pointless. If you have enough room for an ITX system you have room for at least a MATX system, and 99% of all people have room for an ATX midtower. Going ITX is making your system harder to assemble, work on, cool, and expand for no very good purpose at all.
2.) For the same sorts of reasons, it's stupid to have a keyboard smaller than a tenkeyless.
3.) HDDs will never take over fully from SSDs, since SSDs will never catch them on capacity-per-dollar.
4.) Metro, Aero, and Luna all look like shit. Windows Classic is the only Windows that looks good.
5.) RMS is wrong, and the OS should be called "Linux", not "GNU/Linux".
6.) Makiposting is fun.

Windows 10 isn't that bad, Vista was much worse

The mouse actually has two buttons, clicking on the right side registers as a right click.
I'm using it right now, and after a few days of getting used to it, it's a great mouse.

SSDs will become cheaper to make because the market for HDDs will dry up. The only two storage mediums that will still be economical to produce are SSDs and tapes unless something else comes along.

>FX 8350
Computers were never meant for gaming so don't even talk about amd
The only thing you should use is 7 or xp

How's the gesture support under Windows? I know you can use it with the Bootcamp drivers but that's about it.

Not even slightly triggered, am I a normie?
I also agree with:
1,2(but it looks cool),3(hdd will someday replace tape),4, 5(,dont even care),6(what?)
>1.) I think ITX is completely pointless.
>2.) For the same sorts of reasons, it's stupid to have a keyboard smaller than a tenkeyless.
But looks cool
>3.) HDDs will never take over fully from SSDs, since SSDs will never catch them on capacity-per-dollar.
The capacity on hdd is not rising that much. They are to heavy, also there are no m2. hhds.
>4.) Metro, Aero, and Luna all look like shit. Windows Classic is the only Windows that looks good.
>5.) RMS is wrong, and the OS should be called "Linux", not "GNU/Linux".
It should be called G/Linux because G stands for GNU anyway or Ginux
>6.) Makiposting is fun.
What? Dont watch anime. Is this the right one?

I like curved monitors

i prefer all in one computers because there are less cables

mechanical keyboards are memes

When asked for advice from a bloke at work on buying a gaming PC I recommended that he just buys a console instead, possibly waiting for the fancy PS4 or Project Scorpio, as it's more user friendly and better value for money.

Watercooling is a meme. Also Noctua fans are snake oil.
iOS is objectively the best mobile OS.
Topre is a mechanical switch.

Not really triggered, I would ask a person about what kind of games they play because if they just want to play something like Shovel Knight then they are better off with a PC.

I think Linux is trash for anything besides servers and hobby projects.

I prefer iOS to Android.

Women are cool.

IMO, someone shouldn't buy a PC for gaming if they're the kind of person who doesn't already own one primarily for other purposes.

Define meme in reference to cooling
7 year warranties on fans are not snake oil. Premium price, yes.

Topre sits i the same category as buckling to me. Glorified membrane.

Ubuntu spins are better than Debian.

Gnome 3 is still not worth using due to its lack of speed

Adobe tools are still better than any alternatives on linux

iPhones aren't that awful, just expensive. Everything they're capable of doing is all you should ask from a phone, but the phone is overpriced for what it does.

Ultrawide is ok for some tasks

Chiclet keyboards ain't so bad either

Pages "just werks", quite literally. LibreOffice Write is headache inducing.

iTunes ain't that bad, they just change features for no purpose at all (no more colored backgrounds now)

Google provides many, many services. While we shit on them for tracking our data 1. It's necessary for some of their services to even work as intended and 2. Everything they produce is "free" as in "we sell your data so you don't have to spend your own money". No need to be thankful but they do provide something in exchange.

Hoarding data is only worth doing for content you can't find easily available on internet, also if you have a life you might not have enough time to enjoy half your shit anyways

Playing games is an activity for all ages, equivalent to watching movies

A GUI remains better for specific tasks

I voted Clinton