chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/caret/fljalecfjciodhpcledpamjachpmelml
youtu.be/Yf0RZIhBY_I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

so you can install another distro over it

It's 3:2

This. I use my frankenbook acer c720 all the time

>its a chromebook
not a big deal if you don't want to do 4k editing on it

perfect for programming, and of cource browsing the internet is what i do on 95% of my time.

You forgot
>it costs a bazillion dollars

fucking worth every penny.

I mean, what would you really do on it that ChromeOS + a chroot of Ubuntu couldn't do anyway?
It's not exactly a gaming machine, you're not gonna do professional level video and photo editing on those specs.
It's good for web browsing and web based applications like Pixlr and shit.

I spent two years trying to figure out all I could possibly do on my Acer CB3, even riced ChromeOS with a minimalist i3 config. Installed Firefox on it. I even managed to get Windows XP to kind of work before it crashed all the time.

But in the end I was really just doing the same shit ChromeOS does anyway, Chromebook specs are really only good for web browsing.

You could remove chrome OS and install solus on it instead.

>it's only for web browsing
i bet that's what computer users do 90% of the time

it's good for watching movies, it's perfect for programming because of that screen.

It's 3:2 user, screen is god-tier. Shitposting to you from one right now.

if you are a fucking retard, if not you just wait a fat faggot buys one, gets bored a week later for whatever reason and buy it for less than a third of it's original price.

some are celerons, some are i5s more than capable of doing a lot of daily tasks and dev stuff

no, fuck you kevin. That's the shittiest distro ever and you know it's the worst piece of shit when it's worse than Manjaro

comfy as fuck

Wew lad check your blood pressure m8

fuck you kevin. Stop posting.

What software does one actually programme with?

Aren't all the apps webapps?

Caret is a really nice one
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/caret/fljalecfjciodhpcledpamjachpmelml

There's a bunch of stuff in the chrome store that's more than an icon to go to a website. You can also install chromebrew for terminal stuff like vim

you're supposed to install linux on it. or use crouton to switch between the two OSs

chrome OS is gentoo you cuck

>57514905
Nice.

Sexy as fuck.

What about the missing function keys?

Where do you even buy one of these that has 16 gigs of RAM?

remap man. Tried GalliumOS, it's a slim Xubuntu install with patches to make everything work out of the box. Only thing I had to add was the exact resolution it uses because it uses 3:2. So adding 1440x956 took me like a minute after booting up. Other than that it works.

how's the keyboard? 4:3 seems like it would be an utterly wasted opportunity if it's not good for writing

I think I just got a small seizure from looking at something that wasn't the god tier standard set of keys we use for microsoft machines

...oh dear.

>minimalist
you say that like its a good thing

2013 model is pretty cheap now. Battery life is sort of shit otherwise I'd install all the Linuxes on it and use it until i wore through the keyboard.

>tfw you find out chromeOS is Gentoo-based

They tend to lock that shit dowb hardcore, so its more of a hassle than it's worth

You can remap the top keys to whatever you want in ChromeOS.

soldered storage

It literally runs coreboot and installing an aftermarket Ganoo+Linuks OS is as easy as it is on any Thinkpad

pls respond

Buy a Toughbook.
>Indestructible build
>Utilitarian
>4:3
Alternatively, I think Getac makes a slimmer 4:3 laptop with a slightly higher res screen.

>No FN key
>No function keys
I would take a modern macbook keyboard over this.

>Using 4:3 or 3:2 in 2016
Shigg

>Using anything besides 4:3 and 16:10
>Jumping on the le anime bandwagon
>2016

>3:2
>good for watching movies

16:10 is practically dead and you're being stupid if you pay $100-$200+ for what amounts to a single digit lines of text in a typical terminal window.
The only anime there is a wallpaper.

hey now, those are the best aspect ratios
hey now, anime is really good and you're on an anime appreciation website

you can probably get an old 4:3 thinkpad that runs better

>16:10 is practically dead
True, but at least that means that monitors for it are dirt cheap/free.

>for what amounts to a single digit lines of text in a typical terminal window.
what, the difference between 16:9 and 16:10 is immediately noticeable.

You forgot
>anime fans discussing weapons
>anime fans discussing politics

The unnamed bubbles are meant to represent the boards the creator was too lazy to write
ALL boards are made for anime fans

>its a chromebook

> Fears government spying.
> Fears foreign entity spying.
> Fears using an unsecure system

Uses a cheap $200 notebook that tracks every fucking keystroke and sends out to a centralized system.

I, for one, have nothing to hide, so I love the fact that I send all of my data to Google for free as a condition of using Chrome.

>what, the difference between 16:9 and 16:10 is immediately noticeable.
And the amount of screen real estate you gain is practically nothing, even with 2560x1440 vs 2560x1600. At most you're gaining 200 lines. Barely enough for anything useful.

INSTALL OTHER OS

>I, for one, have nothing to hide, so I love the fact that I send all of my data to Google for free as a condition of using Chrome.

kek

bull, BULL

>INSTALL OTHER OS

GET GARBAGE PERFORMANCE

MBPs use 16:10 because Jobs had some sense in him after all.

16:9 makes absolutely no sense on a laptop. especially 13 inch

I gladly pay extra for 3:2, 16:10 or 4:3

Since when did /o/ get big on reddit or Sup Forums?

what's the thinkpad of cars ?

You're right. 1600-1440=160. So you get 160 lines extra, and it only cost $200 more than the 16:9 model!

16:10 laptops tend to end up being 1280x800, 1400x900 or their high PPI equivalents. You're not getting much more space compared to 1366x768 and 1600x900.

why??

Can't wait for this beauty to come out. Chrome browser + Android apps should satisfy all my "on the go" computer needs.

>4:3

first of all, yes, totally worth it.
Second of all, the numbers don't do it justice, that ratio is just much nicer for the human eye.

The only new 16:10 laptop you can buy right now is macbook pro retina as far as I know

There are people who buy MBP just for this single reason

I'm sure 1366x768 and other 16:9 abominations are perfectly fine for FizzBuzz career programmers, so it might not matter for you

>first of all, yes, totally worth it.
Your money I suppose.

>Second of all, the numbers don't do it justice, that ratio is just much nicer for the human eye.
It's not the golden ratio. It's "kinda sorta" close to the golden ratio, but it's not the golden ratio. This "positive" is also completely subjective. Most people wouldn't notice the ratio by itself.

>literally faceshit machine

There's an option in the settings to change the top row keys to function keys

Lada Niva or Volvo 240.

it's clearly not accurate or Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums would all dwarf Sup Forums completely.

These, or a Toyota Hilux

why would you care? I mean you're buying it to be a work computer right? you're not gonna put personal info on it.

4:3 is the best aspect ratio for a laptop.

What if you want to do embarrassing work on it

Doesn't matter if your personal information isn't on it.

This man gets it
We memed Trump POTUS
If only we could meme some laptop manufacturer to put in a high quality IPS 4:3 in a 15inch laptop

false

shinobu's my wife faggot
I called her first

it's 3:2 not 4:3

FAIR ENOUGH. replace the "4:3" with "3:2" and my post still stands

ur waifu a shit

>backspace
>named "backspace"

No you can't

3:2 is superior to 4:3

it is not?

I installed Gentoo on my pixel. Battery went to 0, and now I've got a brick.

>not buying a 3:2 surface product
Pleb to the max.

Hey guys, is this a good chromebook?
It's $210 CAD right now.
Lenovo N22 Intel N3050 11.6" WXGA 4GB 16GB eMMC Intel 7265 2X2 AC

youtu.be/Yf0RZIhBY_I

Mazda mx-5 miata

>WXGA
NO
NO
NO

>Not a Toyota Hilux

Okay but other than being autistic about resolution is it okay for fapping and shitposting?

Because Windows needs to die and this is the only way

not that easy, you need to enable dual boot doing some firmware flashing. Granted beyond the stupid ass complicated lingo it's really easy to just run a script and get the thing going in 10 minutes or less.
There's also some guy that made chrx to dual boot chromeos and linux and when you start your computer you can go to one or the other just by pressing a key combination.
I used that to try GalliumOS, it was nice and all but reverted back to full on chromeos because I was going to use this as dedicated shitpost machine after all and I own a thinkpad that I use at work also with Arch.

Nvm, found it

>users grow up and need cars to get a job
>anime fans want initial d cars and other shitty obscure cars because they don't want to drive a normie car - see:

It's why I still own an R60

PATRICIAN LIST OF 4:3 LAPTOPS

>THINKPADS
T60p/T61p FOR 1600X1200 SCREEN
X60/X61
>SPECIAL MENTION TO CHINK MODDED X62

>PANASONICS
CF-Y9/CF-Y8 FOR 1440X1050 SCREEN
CF-T9/CF-T8
CF-R9 FOR NEHALEM INSTEAD OF C2D

>LITERALLY AUTIST TIER
TOUGHBOOK CF-31 LATEST REVISION
GETAC B300

What about it?

12" PowerBook G4 belongs on the list too and can also be upgraded to a 1400x1050 panel

>12" PowerBook G4 1400x1050 panel

Where can you get the panel? I'd really like to do that