Mfw using windows 10 and getting better gaming performance and all the latest features

mfw using windows 10 and getting better gaming performance and all the latest features
why aren't you using the latest and greatest?
>inb4 tinfoil conspiracies
I have nothing to hide

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/geek-cetera/commodore-amiga-computer-has-been-running-the-acheat-in-19-schools-for-30-years-1625147/
youtube.com/watch?v=cDCfTIapds0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>you'll be reincarnated as anzu in some life

Wonder how that'd feel.

Oh boy. Here we go

I installed windows 10 since it was forced onto my computer by MS. It was an "upgrade" from windows 8.1, but I'd rather have windows 8.1, or 8, or anything OS that's not going to require me to reinstall the system, redownload all my programs, and spend time frequently trying to diagnose my computer's issues.
Automatic updates come at the worst possible time, usually when I'm out of the house.Yes, you could restore your system to the last working point, but if the updates are what's causing the problem (as was my case) you will need to download it eventually. Let's also keep in mind that sometimes, you can't even find the last working version.
The computer also has a habit of turning on after I've shut it down (and yes, it turns on even after hard shutdowns, and don't think you can fix this by restarting the system, I've tried that just before this review, and it doesn't work). The default setting of the power button, by the way, is to have your system sleep. You have to manually change the function of the power button from "sleep", to "shutdown".

I've tolerated W10 for the past 6 months, putting up with the auto updates and inability to shut down or turn off, but the fact that I've spent more time in the past two weeks trying to fix the computer than actually using it is inexcusable. If you're not one of the 200 mil devices using W10 right now, don't give in.

Oh, and Cortana is just a glorified web browser/file explorer, kinda disappointing, in case you were wondering.

I am on the insider release. Laughing at all on the normie cycle and their 6 months wait for the smallest change.

this is way to many words user, can you try summarizing it in 150 characters or less?

Yeah
Windows = trash

I've had zero updates that break my windows 10 pc. What the hell are you guys running to have your OS shit itself when you do simple updates?

why not use windows 7 for the exact same thing without 95% of the retarded bullshit?

oh yes let me give up dx12 and 10 years of OS advances just for an uglier theme and the no botnet meme
I swear it's like this board is full of pedophiles or something

One word: Forced Installation of Apps

do you actually play any games that require dx12?
>OS advances
for tablets. windows 7 is the last windows OS made exclusively for desktop/laptop.

Case 1.
>Install Windows 7
>Installation goes fine, takes half an hour
>First boot
>Takes 5 more minutes to set desktop
>Boot into 1024x640 resolution
>Fix resolution
>Realize WiFi isn't working
>Realize WiFi drivers cannot be installed since there's no network
>Download driver utility from the internet with my Linux machine
>Mount USB drive to the windows machine
>WINDOWS CANNOT READ EXT4

Case 2.
>Decide to install windows 10 ltsb N
>Installation takes 1 hour
>Boot into windows
>This time the network driver worked ootb (Otherwise windows 10 ltsb COULD NOT HAVE been installed)
>Realize two finger scrolling isn't working
>Realize the trackpad is not working
>Install a few software and it tells me to reboot
>Update at reboot
>3 hours in
>"Getting windows ready"
>"Don't turn off your computer"

Case 3.
>I decide to use the OS I am most comfy with
>It's Xubuntu LTS 16.10.1
>It has a Live ISO, booted into it see all (ALL) drivers are working ootb
>Install to the disk
>Browse internet while the OS gets installed
>Installation takes LESS THAN 10 minutes
>Reboot into FAST, RESPONSIVE, CONFIGURABLE Operating System THAT JUST WORKS
>Mfw ALL my machine runs Linux now

Bottomline:
Windows is a fucking piece of shit. People use it ONLY because of software availability. Stop being poor and use virtualbox to contain winshit.

As for OP: Kill yourself. All the 3 cases I mentioned are real life experience. Windows is trash and you know it

See retard

windows sucks because you don't know how to put drivers on a disc before installing it? you're fucking retarded.

>disc
>2017
Wow wintard on serious damage control

l̶t̶s̶

>nothing to hide
how about your email password and bank details?
...you'll be fine

Install Linux. If you're going to fight your computer for 6 months, you may as well learn a new system that won't stab you in the back.

for real though. anyone who has any idea what they are doing puts drivers for their hardware on a disc before installing a new clean version of windows 7. it didn't work because you lack technical knowledge and overlooked this obvious piece of information, not because the OS is bad.

also, most USB 2.0 ports have on-board driver support. did you only try 3.0 ports or something?

>It's Xubuntu LTS 16.10.1

LTS versions are always even-year April releases.

Just making sure you knew that. October releases following a LTS are sometimes frankenstein monsters.

Otherwise, your post is spot on.

see

so how did you install windows 7 without using a disc or USB 2.0, since apparently you can't/refuse to use either?

>overlooked this obvious piece of information,

>obvious

The fact that people still have to fuck around with drivers on Windows whilst Linux distros have the driver issue mostly under control tells you that Microsoft is doing a fucking shitty job, especially with all their billions in cash just sitting there.

Especially since some distros, like Slackware, are volunteer operations.

Plz go Micro$oft shill. If you didn't want people to call you a creepy, aggressive voyeur, you'd stop collecting everyone's info en masse without their explicit informed consent.

it is obvious that hardware needs software to interact with it's operating system. if you don't know this, you shouldn't be installing operating systems on your computers in the first place.

also, it's a huge (((((((>implying))))))) when you say that linux is more capable with installing drivers, when it has compatibility issues with a lot of hardware and isn't anywhere near as friendly to casuals, and you know this.

you're just buttmad because your fake story about installing windows 7 without using discs or USB 2.0 was called out, and that you've been proven to be bad with computers in front of your user friends.

I have never had any problems the fa/g/s in this board say that they have with Windows 10. It's either they lie because of bias or because I'm lucky as shit.

I don't know why anyone uses it when windows 7 exists.

Same. I started using it again shortly before Win10 came out and I haven't had any problems at all. I kinda like it, honestly. It's become my daily driver OS for things that don't specifically require *nix. I used *nix as my only OS for about 3 years prior to that, but Windows really has it beat on the desktop in my opinion.

>when it has compatibility issues with a lot of hardware

I suppose you weren't around when Microsoft changed the driver model for Windows and people had to throw out perfectly good equipment.

Scanners, printers, other perfectly good hardware went to the landfill because HP et al said "fuck you" to the users and wouldn't write new drivers.

Linux /still/ supports that stuff to this day.

The only equipment that doesn't have drivers are customer-hostile manufacturers that think their stuff is snowflake-special. Which it ain't. So they don't get bought. Compatibility lists are wonderful things and so are network-enabled devices, which makes the whole driver thing go away.

>I'm buttmad

No, I'm laughing at you and your ridiculous claims.

I've been doing this since the dark days of having to steal TTF fonts from OS/2 disks to have a less-ugly desktop. You are talking out of your ass.

Pure happiness

Follow-up

I'll never forget the time I bought my first flat-panel display, a Samsung 27 inch beast costing me a week's pay, which /came with a driver disk/.

"what is this shit?" I exclaimed.

>plug into Linux host
>works

I'm not sure what was exactly on that CD, but I'm sure it included Adobe Reader, and a bunch of idiotic toolbars. The "driver disk" windows phenomenon is ludicrous.

>phone
>gaming
kys

>27 inch
>costing me a week's pay
what year did this happen

are you talking about the vxd deprecation? Because that was nearly 2 decades ago lmao

I don't know why anyone uses it when windows 10 exists.

inch
>>costing me a week's pay
>what year did this happen

A long fucking time ago. I'll have you know I had a 17 inch CRT monitor in 1992 and an IBM 8514 compatible video card (ATI) so I could do CAD. That was /also/ expensive.

>2 decades ago

No, it was just the introduction of XP.

It's fun inheriting perfectly good equipment that originally costs thousands of dollars for free.

I suggest you stop digging the hole you're in.

what hole are you talking about? I'm not the person you responded to, I just think it's pretty dumb to complain about problems you had 15-20 years ago.

pretty stupid desu.

>pretty stupid desu.

Go back to Sup Forums.

This is Sup Forums. I think you are lost. I'm also pretty sure you shouldn't be here since Sup Forums is age restricted.

OH, you ARE talking about VxD. You silly goose. VxD was officially deprecated when WDM came out in '98. It's just that they still supported it for backwards compatibility and to give manufacturers times to write their new drivers. It wasn't until XP that VxD/NT driver model compatibility was removed. lol dude.

>he called me dumb he must be a kid!
pretty funny t b h.

>how to put drivers on a disc before installing it
the best os indeed

>VxD was officially deprecated when WDM came out in '98

That didn't stop manufacturers putting out stuff that used old drivers.

>XP dumped VxD permanently.

Right, which is why so much stuff got shuffled off to the dump.

I'm not sure what your major malfunction is. My description of what happened is correct.

>That didn't stop manufacturers putting out stuff that used old drivers.
How is that the operating system's fault? That's the fault of the people writing drivers for a known deprecated system.

>Windows sux because people didn't want to write new drivers!
What a dumb complaint.

The claim was that Linux doesn't support as much as Windows does.

Which is wrong. I gave examples.

Linux supports all that stuff older than XP. Windows doesn't.

Driver changes matter. It's why there's an Amiga running heating and AC for a school system somewhere.

geek.com/geek-cetera/commodore-amiga-computer-has-been-running-the-acheat-in-19-schools-for-30-years-1625147/

People don't throw out perfectly good working equipment if they don't have to. Especially if they don't have the budget for it. People who buy Windows get fucked over. Microsoft decided to do "fuck you, that's why." You know, the company that shouts from the rooftops about backwards compatibility. Microsoft is customer-hostile. Linux isn't.

Windows works, linux doesn't.

Your "last word" sucks.

Whatever, man.

OP is dumb cunt

That wasn't me lad, you're getting yourself worked up over nothing.

>Microsoft decided to do "fuck you, that's why."
No, "HP et al" said fuck you, that's why. You said it yourself when you said they decided not to write drivers for their products in order to get you to buy new ones.

You're a dumb cunt for believing in traitor's lies.
Fucking eurofags and their paranoia.

>Americans
>not completely brainwashed

I bet you watch commercial TV every day

Literally tin foil hat - the post

>I have nothing to hid
>pedophiles

Into the trash

>spewing slogans

too late for you my friend, but hopefully this will make at least one or two thoughts go off in your tiny shrivlled brain

youtube.com/watch?v=cDCfTIapds0

Windows works barely. Linux is on modern distros an ootb experience, all you have to do is rice it to your liking (or leave it stock) and then you can start working. On windows you need to install a fuckton of crap like drivers and basic software thats other than in most distributions not included. If you really need to troubleshoot or do something to your system its easy, open and well documented on linux. On windows its mostly retarded. I always need to help friends and family with their windows problems.

You don't need to do anything with windows. All possible drivers either ship on the disc (one reason for the large file size) or gets downloaded from WU upon installation of the OS. Only if you need a special driver such as a game driver with a special video card control panel do you need to install anything special on Windows. Windows ships with automated tools that will solve most common problems for you, Microsofts extensive and complete knowledgebase contains easy steps or utilities for solving most other problems.

The reason you need to help your family is because they are too retarded to even install windows. Why don't you have them try linux and see how many seconds until you have to help them there too?

Never seen windows work ootb. Never.
Friends want to gaym, also I stopped caring what they do with their stuff since they are grown ups and just help out if I'm asked to. Since literally 40 people came to help me move the last two times I did, I figured its ok to help over and over again. Grandma made the switch to linux last year, no more real problems since.
>inb4 she stopped using her pc
I visit her once a week, often see her using the pc and never heard a complaint.

>Never seen linux work ootb. Never.

fixed that for you

why don't you try windows 10? instead of windows 98, they've come a long way

I just set up a Windows desktop for my gf earlier today.
>plug in new peripherals, power cord
>turn on
>done
She spent more time installing Origin and The Sims than she did getting the actual OS up and running. Everyone's got anecdotes, dude.

hey goyim

if all i want out of my computer is to watch youtube, browse Sup Forums, and play forza, is an upgrade to windows 10 worth it, or is windows 7 (current) comfy enough in comparison to make it worth spending $80 on a working 360 literally only for forza

Why do people complains about windows and linux flaws when you can dual boot both os?

At this point it's probably easier to just leave Windows installed and do all your work in a Linux VM.

Of course, this is Sup Forums, why take the easy choice when you can take the option that lets you complain on the internet about how shitty everyone else is? It's like that Archfags vs. Ubuntufags picture.

SH... SHE CUTE

>she

youre pretty fucking autistic and likely a tranny kill yourself pls.

>Not knowing what a driver disc is
lmao on your grave

>she