The iBook

apple.com/newsroom/2016/11/designed-by-apple-in-california-chronicles-20-years-of-apple-design.html
arstechnica.com/apple/2016/11/apples-latest-product-is-a-300-picture-book-of-its-hardware-designs

>Apple today announced the release of a new hardbound book chronicling 20 years of Apple’s design, expressed through 450 photographs of past and current Apple products. “Designed by Apple in California,” which covers products from 1998’s iMac to 2015’s Apple Pencil, also documents the materials and techniques used by Apple’s design team over two decades of innovation.

>The book, like so many other Apple products, is available in two sizes: a 10.20" by 12.75" "Small" version that sells for $199 and a 13" by 16.25" "Large" version that costs $300.

>paying $200-$300 for a book with pretty pictures of Apple products

wew lad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkskY9bL9Bk
reddit.com/r/apple/comments/5d274r/apple_releases_199299_hardbound_book_covering_20/
amazon.com/s/url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=appledesign kunkel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does this exist?
Why?

you literally cannot make this shit up pham
ahahahahahah

>which covers products from 1998’s iMac to 2015’s Apple Pencil, also documents the materials and techniques used by Apple’s design team over two decades of innovation.
So from Steve Jobs era good stuff, to post-Jobs era trash?
Why purchase a design book that's only about decline in design?

I was assuming it's a joke until I clicked the link.

reminder to you all, this is not april fool joke, this is real af

>>The book, like so many other Apple products, is available in two sizes: a 10.20" by 12.75" "Small" version that sells for $199 and a 13" by 16.25" "Large" version that costs $300.
Jesus christ this literally sounds like an onion news article. Aplel are memeing themselves to death.

Scans when?

It's not too expensive folks, you're getting two books for the price of one. It also doubles as a Samsung design book

>“Designed by Apple in California” is available in two sizes and printed on specially milled, custom-dyed paper with gilded matte silver edges, using eight color separations and low-ghost ink.

Now using iPaper and iInk!

$300 for pictures you can see on the internet for free.

fucking outlandish.

apple book

apple book Pro

Are you loons so obsessed with this shit that you need to have two shitposting threads about it at the same time?

>Open article
>It actually says this

Holy fuck Apple

t. iFag

Kek.

Apple fans aren't exactly the most sane people.

66 cents a page (for the $300 one)

holy fuck apple

>Designed in California
Does it include a side to side comparison of the elements "inspired" by Braun?

>“Designed by Apple in California” is available in two sizes and printed on specially milled, custom-dyed paper with gilded matte silver edges, using eight color separations and low-ghost ink. This linen-bound, hardcover volume was developed over an eight-year period. It is published by Apple.

Seriously?

Does the Apple design room smell musty as fuck since all they do is sit wanking each other off congratulating each other?

Designed in California, Printed in China.

>200-300$
>for a fucking photo book
Whoever spends shekels on this deserves to be gassed

I don't think Steve Jobs would have put out a nostalgic book about his own companies old products

Why not? I think he would have

because he was obsessed with making a point about how his company should always look forward and not reminisce about old stuff

muh innovation and all that

all that COURAGE

But they were nostalgic for 1950s braun home appliances

Agreed with you, if a company begins to glorify the products from the good old days, it's a sign that they don't know what do for the future.
This is some stuff IBM could have done, not Apple.

>This linen-bound, hardcover volume was developed over an eight-year period.

EIGHT

To learn how not to do it

>The book, like so many other Apple products, is available in two sizes: a 10.20" by 12.75" "Small" version that sells for $199 and a 13" by 16.25" "Large" version that costs $300.

Is this a premature April Fools joke or something?

I mean it's just acoffee table book. The Smithsonian one is like $150

Isn't skeuomorphism literally just nostalgia for physical objects?

isnt this standard for these sort of illustration/graphic books? its quite long too

They started drinking their own Kool-Aid.

It really is the end for Apple.

Because applefags eat everything Apple shits.

>"paying $200-$300 for a book with pretty pictures of Apple products"
>he has no idea for how much photobooks sell
wew lad

Cheapest MacBook I've ever seen.

Maybe Sup Forums can afford this one

What page is this triumph of Apple design on?

Fuck me they even sell them in regular and plus/pro versions like their laptops and phones, these guys finally lost it.

>Whoever spends shekels on this deserves to be gassed
hmmm

Design books are nice desu. This one costs about 4 times more than it should though. There's a really nice Sony one for all those walk/discman fetishists that's like £20 and I think a braun one from tashkent for £30. Don't see how apple can justify this personally.

>There's a really nice Sony one
Name, please.

Not that guy, but I suspect he;s talking about "Sony Design: Making Modernity"

Oh my god

Mac users will buy anything

Oh, but that book is more expensive than £20. Anyway, thanks for the name.

>lots of wasted space
Why?

Yeah that's the one. I picked it up for £25 including postage. If you wait it should pop up on an amazon seller for that. That's where I got it from. Unless it's stopped being printed in which case the price will just start creeping up.

Skeuomorphism is ok, the problem is the trend about Minimalism.

>8 years
>4/5ths of a decade to make a picture book

Pic related is Sony's design book for only 50$.
Apple is just a greedy company.

I bet that book has a lot more pics than the Apple one.

I feel like such a fucking cuck, but I really want that book now. I love collecting industrial design/product design books.

Apple faggots will defend this (if they weren't in some line waiting to be the first to get ripped off).

You just don't understand Apple culture! This is a representation of Apples great contribution to technology and to society. this is a masterpiece that deserves to be praised. Its value will only increase once you plebes start to understand how terrific Apple is to this world.

>release a book in two different sizes
This changes everything. Again.

Don't you DARE suggest I am posting in jest!

Sorry Apple.

I enjoy your iPhone. I love the iPad, I'd rather build a Hackintosh than get a Mac but this is just lame. This would only be interesting if it had prototypes and scraped ideas.

waste of paper

kek
>go on r/apple
>thread is locked

reddit.com/r/apple/comments/5d274r/apple_releases_199299_hardbound_book_covering_20/

NO PORTS
O

P
O
R
T
S

It's not even april 1st

>a video for selling a book by apples lead designer kek

Do I need seer stones adapters to read this?

I think I will just wait for the movie.

>Tickets are $30 a piece

The only Apple product that has ever been worth owning was their stock. Anything else is for gullible brainless morons. Nowadays though not even their stock is looking good anymore.

>no ports
>shitty resolution
>no Apple logo in the back
0/10, won't buy

>$50

>
That book is cheap mass produced crap with designs nobody cares about.

I don't think any of you have ever looked at a design book in your life. These prices are not outrageous. The amount of cog dis in here is off the charts.

>stock photos of iToys on a white background
>good design book
Ayyyy

Name another tech company that has had as significant an influential designs as Apple, because it's sure as hell not coming from the Google pajeet camp. Must be coincidence that every laptop is trying to be a Mac, every phone is trying to be an iPhone, and every tablet was trying to be an iPad before they finally gave up.

is it printed on exclusive Apple paper?

Can we use any bookmarks or do we need to buy the iBookmark™ to read it?

If you want a good Apple design book might as well buy the one from Braun.

But this instead.

t. Richard Sapper

$200/300
fucking shit, apple is the greediest company ive ever seen

If you want a good book on Apple design why not just buy this?

Or even better, go straight to the source of Apple design and get one of the great books on Dieter Rams.

And you're the biggest retard I've ever seen.

t. Jonathan Ive

Stop shitposting Jony and get back to eliminating some useful ports.

is this the fall fashion catalog?

>Comparing limited, old classic book to a mediocre illustration book

If you fags are too poor for that book, you could drop $150 on Paul Kunkel's Appledesign. That one is filled with prototypes and design concepts up to just before the iMac. Luckily I got mine when it was still in print for $40. I just hope the fucking silverfish haven't found it yet.

amazon.com/s/url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=appledesign kunkel

>inb4 best seller

Agreed. Everything post-iPhone is garbage design, might as well ignore everything that came after it.

>Richard Sapper
Literally who?

>$299 of photos and nothing else

TOPPEST LELKEK

APPLEL CAN SELL SHIT TO MACFAGS AND THEY'LL BUY IT UP

Have you seen a ThinkPad before? That Richard Sapper.

Nah bro, every multinational company is greedy

Apple is the only one that can pull these stunts because they managed to transform capitalism and consumerism to a religion

The problem is the guys (press, media, "professionals", online shills - I meant commentators and bloggers) who enable apple to pull stunts like that