What's with the obsession over Foobar? It doesn't seem that great so far over JetAudio and WinAmp

What's with the obsession over Foobar? It doesn't seem that great so far over JetAudio and WinAmp.

There are so much things wrong with your setup. Waste of space.

Anyway, to answer your question - it's light (Did you even look at the memory usage? Or did you just install it because it was praised?), you can theme the fuck out of it, and it supports a wide range of plugins.
>Windows 10
>Chrome
>Atom
>Steam
Are you sure you're not on the wrong board?

Your setup doesn't look that impressive either. It looks like a lesser version of most media players.

>it's light

So is PuTTY, Discord, and a whole range of programs. You live in an age where 16GB RAM is standard in a rig, why are you worried about memory usage of a media player?

>you can theme the fuck out of it

You can do that to others as well to the same capacity.

>supports a wide range of plugins

So does anything with a FFMPEG plugin

Clementine > mpv >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> foobar

OP here. I don't doubt this is true at all. Never heard of Clemintine but I'll give it a shot. Seems to have more platform and distro support.

Have fun. 90% of the time I just throw files at mpv. I suppose it's not as nice as having a library view but I don't listen to music that much.

Yours is hardly any different from his anyway, you fucking fag. I'd post mine if I wasn't on mobile, but yours is shit too.

Neither do I. I have like 1000 songs tops across all my devices. When I binge music I just want to be able to shuffle everything at once and call it a day, and I cannot pick up on subtle differences in audio quality anyway.

>foobar2000 requires autism to function properly
>90% of Sup Forums is autistic
Connect the two. It's the same reason why most people on here push GNU/+Linux down everyone's throat.

I mean I get that it's customizable, but even tinkering with it myself there's not much of an open ceiling to truly make it look nice. A mdeia player is for playing music. People mention tabbed playlists but I've never sat there saying, "man I wish i could switch to another lengthy playlist!" When I listen to music, I just shuffle everything I have on my harddrive.

Needs skins

>autism
Stop. The simplest setup out there - Foobar2000 with ColumnsUI is what most of Sup Forums uses. It looks good, and like I said earlier, it's awfully light. And it takes no more than two minutes to arrange everything to your liking.

>light

Dude what?

And btw if 54k KB is hurting your performance, then buy more fucking RAM

>looks good

lol...

What are your addons? Also, fuck that, I'm not buying a new computer just so I can use a more "beautiful" application to play my music. It's a player, for fuck's sake - you don't look much at it. I don't need something which is low-density and eats up what little resources I have. F2k does the job well, while still having a GUI.

Also, I just scrolled through each my playlists, played shit and random, and I couldn't really bring the RAM usage above 13 mb. Don't know what the fuck you're doing.
It doesn't clash against the rest of the OS elements, so yeah, I wouldn't call it ugly. The beauty of Foobar is that you can do whatever the fuck you want to do with it.

The numbers in that pic were with WinAmp, WMP, and F2K running the same song. All of them were clean installs, no addons.

Just FYI, I'm not using it to make a statement or something, this is just the best choice for me right now. I might make the switch to a heavier player, like Musicbee. When I tried it, it was good, but 100 fucking megabytes for a player? Hell no. Firefox is already taking ~7/10ths of my ram as it is (~720 000 K), I can't let a mere music application take up the rest of what little memory I have.

foob a best!

Title and status bar ruin it to be honest. Oh, and there's an update; 1.3.13.

thanks
fixed

>54k KB

kys

I can have a multi-terabyte music library in fb2k. All the other players I have tried cannot handle this.

>What's with the obsession over Foobar?

Autism and downs.

most people dont have a terabyte of music

most people are music plebs

Even Sup Forumsfags and audiophiles I know don't have even one terabyte of music. You're a turbo autist my man.

>>> lol Im music elite XD

This is what you sound like. grow up.

found the guys with 10gb of music LOL

Found the retard with down syndrome.