Tablets

I am looking for a tablet and I realized I have no idea how the tablet environment is.

Is it just like the smartphone market? idiots getting apple? Samsung churning uncomplicated standards?

Can someone recommend a tablet for the following:
- Reading and annotating (scientific articles)
- Watching movies in the train/plane
- Light gaming (like angry birds - light)

Are there even custom roms for tablets or are we doomed to be boted to china?

>Is it just like the smartphone market?
It's just a bigger phone. If you got an apple one then it's limited to netflix and browsing the internet.
Android ones can use some file manager suites and become mildly useful.

Is there an image with recommended tablets in different price ranges?

Kindle Fire HD 8

Is it possible to flash a custom rom and get rid of that terrible amazon android?

Just get an nvidia shield.

Was checking that out, looks pretty cool senpai

You could I think but no reason. Putting the Google Play store on is easy and all you need.

>- Reading and annotating (scientific articles)
>- Watching movies in the train/plane
>- Light gaming (like angry birds - light)

literally any of them

You can cop a cheap Galaxy tab s2 from last year

Or wait for the Heueueueuewai Nexus 7

alright, what if I was willing to pay a bit more for having a big high quality screen?

>Galaxy tab s2 from last year

that costs 500 EUR in germoney

Then buy one. The Fire HD 8 has a 720p one. It is a $90 tablet. Throw in a $10 case and a $40 128gb microsd and you are set. You want a 1080p screen then pay more!

tab s2 has a gorgeous amoled, its ppi is very pleasant even with the big screen variant, and 4:3 is objectively superior for web browsing and documents.

I'm not so up to date with 2016 releases, other retardos feel free to weigh in.

Sorry to hear that Mehmet

Need something light just for typing out code at school. Is there a good notepad++ or something similar for android, or should I get a windows tablet/netbook? I just need to be able to run software for school on that shit and write code.

>touchwizz

How much is that, Lee?

Just get a Cloud9 or similar account. I have one trough CS50. More than good enough for school.

Kobo Arc 7 HD

will that run on android? if yes then I'll be all over that shit like a beast

The original Tab S is better than the Tab S2; it has haptic feedback, a camera flash, better build quality and the same innards. The screen aspect ratio is arguably better, though that's a matter of opinion

$9.99 for the case
$40 for a Samsung 128gb Microsd
$90 for the Fire HD 8 tablet

I also bought a $13 bluetooth keyboard that works with the tablet, my pc, and iPhone.

If it's a tablet ye be wanting then android is gonna be a nicer time for you. I have a good iPad and i just never use it. It sucks for Sup Forums, no emulated games, no webms, no AIDE, no dosbox.
To me it's just useless.

>Enjoying lock screen ads

Thanks, blackbeard

my nigga

You can disable them if you want.

I read online that you can't upload your own music or videos to the Kindle Fire, is that true?

>Galaxy tab s2

Got my dad one but when I tried to watch streaming movie site like Vaughnlive it says it doesn't support the adobe so I had to download Dolphin browser and it still didn't work

literally nothing better has come out since tab pro 8.4. I've tried everything out there, but it remains the best. Only tablet besides nexus ones that will continually get new OS updates through custom roms. any of the new samsungs are shit with pentile amoled screens and fewer features.

Go chink 100%
Dont fall for the windows 10 tablet meme, at least if not buying a surface or an hybrid
The easy route is root + exposed + gravitybox