Black friday soon and I need a fucking monitor since my current monitor screen is cracked and it might explode some day

Black friday soon and I need a fucking monitor since my current monitor screen is cracked and it might explode some day

What should I look for?

What is the best kind of monitor to play old 800x600 2D stuff (if there is any fucking difference at all between monitors upscaling content)

I want a 1080p one since I have a 7870 and I can't/want to play anything over it anyways since I mostly play 2d stuff, VNs and emulated PS2 games

I like the thin bezel dell ones. I have a U2414H which I got like a year and a half ago pretty cheap.

Its 250€ right now, how cheap is pretty cheap?

I don't really mind spending 250 euroshekels but I want something that deserve the money

But what you want. I'm sure other ones are better value now. I got it for $153. Thought that probably isn't possible over there.

Don't people say CRTs are the best for upscaling

It might be but I need to watch some cartoons and movies on it too, so I need a 16:9 one

Also I actually have a good IBM CRT with 1600x1200 native resolution and low ress crap looks like fucking shit on it

Then I don't know, I usually use the cheapest monitors. Try the retro gaming board?

If I ask for a thing made after 1980 with no scan lines there they will cry at me

Learn to CRT. They don't have native resolutions. It'd look way better if you pump the resolution down to whatever the content is. No monitor will beat a good CRT at low res content.

Dude it is twenty sixteen. Fuckin CRT. Contrary twat.

Sup Forums can cracked screens actually explode and do some damage? I need to ask for a friend, his father might need some good insurance soon

I actually trie to just set up the monitor to 800x600 and in top of being annoying it was fucking useless

Christ almighty you guys are retarded.

Unless the monitor is fucked though it will look incredibly sharp if you set it to a whole integer scale of the native resolution of the content you're trying to display and disable filtering.

But it just don't and the colors are fucking shit

Do you even looked at a CRT monitor in the past 10 years or you are posting from a fucking iphone?

>incredibly sharp
The pixels will be the correct square ratio, it's up to your source to make it sharp, and most old games use disgusting textures that will look like ass no matter how perfectly scaled things are

I have two CRTs, both high end, and they both look better than any display I've ever seen by a country mile. I do colour sensitive work.

The image will be sharp. Any emulator output or whatnot will be sharp. Try a 2D game for example, where the pixels will be perfectly mapped with sharp edges.

Models?

GDM-FW900 and Dell P990

Ah yeah the meme screeen
Is like 1500€ around here

And some user have it and confirmed old games look like fucking shit on it anyways

>Physical functions and advantages of a technology are irrelevant because it's the current year

Let alone other lost advantages of the CRT like high contrast and extremely low image persistence which modern monitors are only just reaching competent levels recently. People like this guy eat shit because dude it's old lmao

can it be any more blue or is this the limit? i really hate sleeping, this might be the crt for me

You don't really have a right to say how good it is without seeing one. As long as you're happy with your 1080p 1000:1 generic LCD then power to you though. Nothing comes close to the FW900 yet in most aspects though.

The technology is there to trounce the FW900 in every way but no manufacturer will put anything out there while people willingly pay for garbage. Shit sucks

Well I wouldn't say the technology is there but it could be there if the whole SED debacle didn't happen.

Nothing related to OP but

Why fuck monitors come with USB 3 ports?

What the fuck are you supposed to plug there?

Just so they can say they have 3 usb ports

They are somewhat prone to reflected light, which spoils the contrast somewhat.
>FW900
Phoshors can linger unexpectedly long with bright objects scrolling.
Could never tolerate it under 96 Hz. It does look great, and thoroughly trounces the various LCDs I've seen in image quality.

>SED debacle
Patent trouble or not, those technologies were struggling to turn yields and last. It wasn't happening with what was available.