Domain Registrars

Who does Sup Forums recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9718/2232/nameservers-and-tlds-supportedunsupported-by-dnssec
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3388928
lowendstock.com/
lowendbox.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1&1,godaddy

I personally use Namecheap and I love it, but according to some random guy on the internet I talked to a few months ago, Gandi is supposed to be better.
That's just what I heard though. Haven't tried Gandi yet. Might try it next time I buy a new domain name. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kek, stop, OP might actually take you seriously.

Gandi

Namecheap

In case anyone isn't familiar, those are the two you should never under any circumstances ever use.

Sensible suggestion, Gandi have always been good for us.

Namecheap are also OK, but somehow it's been 5 years since I last asked and they still haven't implemented DNSSEC.

they have it now

my vote is for namecheap also

>tfw can't buy .meme domains yet

whois.nic.meme

>but somehow it's been 5 years since I last asked and they still haven't implemented DNSSEC.
namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9718/2232/nameservers-and-tlds-supportedunsupported-by-dnssec
TL;DR they support DNSSEC for most popular TLDs as long as you're using BasicDNS, PremiumDNS, or your own custom DNS server (the latter of which you should be using anyway)

which registrar offers best discounts on first time purchase?

What for?
I get a shity server on cloud at cost for 17$ one time in life time. It's shity but it's enough for me. But not stable at all

Namecheap.

Not gandi since they will shutdown your site if there's propagation of hatespeech on it

Godaddy

>buying domain names
OpenNIC
>>using DNS
use Tor / IPs

wikileaks uses dynadot

source? I've been mostly using gandi but if shit like this seeps in I'm fucking out.

Network Solutions
Or Namecheap

NB Gandi reserves the right to terminate your domain for moral reasons.

Source.

What's the cheapest non-shit hosting out there?

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3388928

DigitalOcean

kek

I'm serious.

gandis CP is so fucking arcane it's laughable, also the only online support appears to be IRC so gl with that

>>By accepting Our Contracts and using Our services, You agree to abide to Our code of ethics which consists, in particular, of protecting and respecting minors, human dignity, public order and good moral standards, not infringing on the rights of third parties (private life, image, honor and reputation, trademarks, designs and models, copyrights, etc.) or the security of persons, property, the government, or the good working order of public institutions, and to help in the fight against abusive and/or deviant uses of the Internet (spamming, phishing, hacking, cracking, or attempts at hacking or cracking), or any other infraction as cited in the Penal Code.
These are all legitimate reasons to terminate a domain name. What's one thing that they're able to terminate that they state here, which is unreasonable?

>CP
I recommend typing out "control panel" next time, user.

You're either trolling or have an odd definition of "cheap".
lowendstock.com/
or
lowendbox.com/

Yes, but he asked for non-shit hosting.

marcel davis

RamNode

>What's one thing that they're able to terminate that they state here, which is unreasonable?
"""human dignity"""
"""good moral standards"""

You think there is anything Digitalocean does that is special?
It's all about what datacenter it is hosted at.
Hardware is fine too, in fact a $15/yr VPS I have is faster than any DO or Vultr VPS I have used.

What kind? Static website? LAMP? WordPress? VPS?

5 minute interval is not enough to come to the conclusion

It is hosted at a datacenter with an 100% uptime guarantee. Sorry, but the shit stays up.
No way in hell am I going to pay for uptime checks when I know it's up.

Why shouldn't those two be used? They seem like they are the most popular choice.

I never understand the hate Sup Forums has about GoDaddy. I used to work there and the most common complaints I hear about are how Parsons killed some animals (who cares?), the ads are sexist (that was awesome but they aren't doing those anymore), and that people think they engage in domain front-running (they're not, people just don't understand the domain name lifecycle as well as they think they do).

Gandi

at least they hide your real eamil

so does namecheap?

All major registrars offer whois privacy

So much this. Other people are recommending hipster domain registrars that charge more money for no benefit.

godaddy is fine for most people
namecheap is you want to be contrarian