NES MINI SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE

>Emulation of the entire NES library has been freely available for years
>People will still pay online scalpers 15 times inflated prices for the Mini NES that is limited to 30 games
>Proof that people don't care about free software

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aGDt59Ejsc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because 'muh nostalgia's' pussy points with '90s kid for lyfe' faggots

>reading a disgusting tranny manchild's blog

>she

what games are on this thing?

It's a nice concept. I've had every NES rom on every computer I've had since the Nesticle days in the 90's

this would be a great gift to a "normie" and surely is quicker and easier to pull up games assuming it has good ones

and out of the massive NES library there's honestly maybe 100 good games, only about 40 great games

Get back to

>NES library is freely available

is the pic related a piece of hardware? It looks like hardware to me OP. You're stupid

Shhh we don't want the emulators to get attention. They can be our secret.

>Following his shitty attentionseeking shit

Fucking reported, OP.

> set up raspberrypi with retropi
> get bored in 5 minutes with unlimited games
> dresser drawer 4lyfe

The 30 best games ever released on the system.

also, the bitch is saying "it can't use Game Genie"

not everybody is a cheating trans faggot. What he/she doesn't understand is this device is a stocking stuffer for 40 year old men who used to play NES when they were kids

not "hardcore gayming" for literal transgendered faggots... who want to put in Game Genie codes and play Naked Mario ROM hacks so they can finger their inverted penises while walking into turtles and still beat the game

I don't. I found a link to him getting BTFO.

Fuck off, cunt.

EXACTLY!!!

Well shit, how am I supposed to justify my sperging?

nigga what

>I'm an engineer and game developer

Wow, that person doesn't want to listen to any other opinions. Nothing surprising here

This thing is basically the "Cheese and Sausage Gift Set" of video games.
The kind of gift you give people when you can't think of a real present.
Anyone you gift it to has probably already played every single game on it, but they'll still enjoy it if you give them one.

As opposed to giving someone a AAA $60 game, they probably already have it.

>That person
He can't even listen to his own gender.

I want to buy one tbqh

He (John Walker Flynt) is an asshole

I have every NES, Turbo Grafx, Genesis, SNES game on my computer and have for quite some time

I would be super stoked to get one of these for christmas if the controller was legit and didn't have input lag. I'm feeling warm inside imagining middle aged me and my brother playing SMB 3 on the TV this Christmas Eve getting into drunk fistfights over the mushroom houses/bonus games

I have one in home, i just felt like it because i want to show my appreciation after decades of emulating those games in my pc lol, also i never play nes games with its original controller ( all this time use keyboard or xbox ctrlr) so im curious.

>Cords so short it's unplayable
>Get the real thing on eBay
what, so you can have the Authentic™ really fucking short cords instead?

>if the controller was legit

It's 100% like the original controller.

No Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

into the trash

Where did you quote that from?

Got one, currently working on emulating 3rd party ROMs so I can charge more than 30 games on it.

It's 100 times more expensive to buy the original with all the games and cables required.

It costs about $5 to buy cable extentions because the cables are the same as Wii cables.

Should be possible to solder in an SD card reader. Tried that yet?

It's running Linux so it should be doable.

You could just download a "ALL 761 NES GAMES TORRENT" and it would even come with an emulator ready to use.

The most it would take up is 50mb.

It will, I just need a couple of things ready.
Already got all the NES games, even a 2gb memory can hold all the collection.

youtu.be/aGDt59Ejsc4

Just checked, you don’t even need to use an external SD.

Expect my homebrew before christmas.

what you guys hating on this device don't understand:

you need a computer to play those free roms

I'm not gonna give my dad a dvd for christmas "here's 10,000 NES ROMS including Ku Klux Klan Mario and Russian Bootleg 8 bit Mortal Kombat. Just put this onto your computer. When it pops up, go to C:\Program Files\ and create a new folder called NES. Install the executeble here, it's called FCEUX. Next, create a folder called ROMS in that NES folder and drag all the ROM files into it. Now go back to the NES folder and right click FCEUX, create a shortcut. Drag that shortcut onto your desktop next to your Internet Explorer and Norton Antivirus icons. Double click that shortcut. Now go to settings and configure your input. Oh, you don't have an xbox controller or a ps4 controller because you're my dad? Okay, you can just use the keyboard, that will work great. After you configure your input just go to "load rom" and scroll down to find Super Mario Bros and open it. Merry Christmas"

Why are you gifting your dad video games?
He can afford his own if he still enjoys them.

Buy him something else.
Better yet, don't buy him anything. Christmas as a holiday where gifts are not only expected, but required of you is fucking shameful.

my dad is actually dead I'm trying to explain to youngsters on Sup Forums why this is actually a great product even though you guys don't need it/want it

Christmas is about giving, this is quite obviously a christmas present for middle aged men who played NES

I'm a middle aged man who played NES and I don't know any "normie" my age who wouldn't love this thing

and yes I have the emulators and roms already

So not only are you being insincere in your arguments, you can't even come up with a realistic situation in which gifting someone a $60 toy NES that can play games that have been available for free for almost 30 years is a great idea?

Just fuck off.

What about the hardware? You guys keep bringing up "but i know how to download the ROMS for free"

download onto what?

a fucking computer. Yes, everyone has a computer including normies, but not everyone has an XBOX controller to plug into it.

And not everyone is computer savvy enough to use an emulator without it being a headache for them.

My sister for instance hated SNES because there were "too many buttons".

I, for instance, hate new video games but i fucking love classic NES, SNES, Genesis games because it's what I played as a kid.

I actually bought a PS4 controller just so I could use it to play classic games on my emulator.

You fuck off, you're too stupid to realize how great of a product/gift this thing is and you're too autistic to realize that the reason they are all sold out is not because "everybody else is wrong"

No, it's because Nintendo fans are retarded sheep of Applefag proportions, who will buy literally anything that Nintendo shit out and claim it's the best thing ever.

You're not presenting any valid arguments.
All you're doing is reinforcing the belief that it's OK to be a computer illiterate in 2016.

Also
>normies
My mistake! I didn't realize I was talking to a fucking virgin robot.

Not even nintendo fans bought the wii u.
It's completely dead in the water, and it really hurts because it means there won't be an animal crossing HD for at least 4 more years.

why would anyone buy this?

you could get a raspberry pi and put with every nes game on it. i feel sorry technologically inept people. That's the only only who buy shit like that

Because it's cute and comes with a controller already.
I would never buy it tho, it doesn't come with my favorite NES game, Warios Woods.

sorry for technologically inept people*

You're a fag. Any real "nintendofag" already has an NES obviously. I don't think you were alive in the NES heyday so I can't expect you to understand how big it was and who is buying these things. I don't even know what the current NES system is, haven't played a Nintendo system since the Gamecube (into the trash Sunshine isn't Mario) and the last console I owned was a PS2 and I rationalized that purchase because it was a DVD player.

I'm no fanboy of any video game company but 90 percent of the people in my generation owned a NES or their friend did. Yeah, we're "retarded sheeple" because we quit playing Legend of Zelda and threw out the dusty NES. Nothing wrong with spending 60 dollars to relive great memories you bitter little asshole

It's good for kids.
That's why people are buying it.

>bbbut emulation, someshit with a desktop UI or some bullshit retroarch shit, etc, etc
My 3y/o niece will fuck that shit quicktime then be crying about how the game isn't working, like every fucking 5 minutes.
Fuck that.

>buy a real NES
Expensive as fuck, unreliable (no top loading NES here in Aus), old carts, old controllers.

NES classic makes sense for a lot of reasons.

Personally though, for my own gameplay, I'll just use emulators - even though I've purchased a NES classic.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of shit with down syndrome.

Are you retarded or just acting?

Being pretty poor and stingy isn't the same as being adept at the thing you're avoiding.

It's pretty obvious people want it to experience a bit of what it's like to *own* an NES in a modern context. Pretty cute product.

>I would be super stoked to get one of these for christmas if the controller was legit and didn't have input lag

I can just laugh at those who cannot play with a fucking keyboard. No input lag at all, and it's not that complicated too. I played KH2 on PCSX2 with the keyboard, after all. In Critical Mode.

Really, it's not that hard to use a keyboard.

computer illiterate > completely oblivious

and I'm not computer illiterate. Back when I was a kid only rich families (like mine admittedly) owned computers. Lots of the "computer illiterate" people you talk about simply grew up in a different time. We didn't get free laptops in high school.

Also, quit acting like you're smart because you can use a computer they are literally easy to use

I am not a virgin robot I'm a married man with 2 kids and a full time job. I work with a lot of "computer illiterate" people who are way more successful than 90 percent of this board will ever be, even if you do use Linux with a graphical user interface and know how to use google to solve computer problems

dweeb

>here, dad, have all the games on the NES/SNES/PS1/PS2 you ever wanted to play
>what, you are not willing to put a little (and it is a little) effort setting everything up?
>OK, then don't. Not my problem.

People are fucking retards.

Playing NES with a keyboard is way worse than using a controller. Maybe for young kids, but if you grew up playing NES on a controller you developed skills and muscle memory with it and they don't translate to the keyboard at all

>Playing NES with a keyboard is way worse than using a controller.

I speedrun Rockman 2 with a keyboard. You are full of shit, and provably full of shit.

iktfb

ITT still: people comparing a piece of hardware to computer files

>Rockman 2

you were glistening at the tip of your dad's dick when I beat

MEGAMAN

you stupid underage kid

also, that's literally the easiest Megaman game

Why not use one of these ?

>waaaaah computers are hard!
>you don't get it user, computers are hard to learn!!!
>not everyone can afford a computer!!!!!
>c-computer illiterates are smarter than you!!!!!!!!

wow sorry for raising your blood pressure, D A D
sorry you never grew up to be anything more than a working stiff, i guess

I don't think that user was advocating it. They're completely right, its because millennials want p00si points by buying nostalgia that they never experienced anyways.

OK, I meant to not to go into details, but since I am dealing with a retard here - I speedrun a hack of Rockman (!) 2: "Rockman: No Constancy". Try to speedrun that one and tell me it's easy. In hard mode, that is.

Also, underage? Hehehe. Retard.

PS4 controller - 40 dollars
HDMI cable - 7 dollars
refurbished laptop with hdmi out - 100 dollars

LOOK FOR 147 DOLLARS I CAN PALY EVERY NES GAME ON TV LOL IM SMARTER THAN NINTENDO FAGS AMIRITE

While it's true that you save money, if you actually think that this makes you smarter than anyone else you are a fucking retard.

>calling Megaman Rockman
>pretending he was alive when NES was king

Why are you trying to viral market a toy game console that isn't even available for purchase anymore?

Actually I own the Japanese version. Why do I own it? Oh, yes, that's right - because you need the Japanese version to play this ROM hack.

And now commit sudoku.

Because that would require effort and an IQ of greater than two digits.

>This thing is basically the "Cheese and Sausage Gift Set" of video games.

Except it's not, this is as of right now THE Christmas item of the year.

I know people who know how to use emulators and have played in emulators and they want a NES classic. Personally I'm taking a third of that money and buying a BT gamepad to play the same games on my laptop or smartphone if I want to.

color me impressed somebody downloaded a Rockman ROM

you don't "own" shit you dumbass you already said you beat it on a keyboard so I know you literally downloaded the rom and plugged it it into your fuckin emulator

and I know you never owned an NES you probably watched a youtube documentary about it

I'm not, I'm just trying to drive it through Sup Forums's thick skull that a standalone 60 dollar toy that plays 30 NES games on your TV is actually not a bad thing

EVEN THOUGH you can download the games for free

yes, Sup Forums, you have emulators and ROMS you're so so so much smarter than everybody who bought one of these 60 dollar toys

>color me impressed somebody downloaded a Rockman ROM
>is not aware of copier devices that dump the ROM for you

You have already proven you are a retard, now kys. You don't deserve to waste those oxygen molecules.

>this is as of right now THE Christmas item of the year.
>a standalone 60 dollar toy that plays 30 NES games on your TV is actually not a bad thing

pls stop viral marketing nintendo, i already bought a nintendo 3ds and a game, you're not gonna get more money out of me

>Made in Ukraine

Just delete all but 5 games.

Choices are a bitch.

this is why i stopped pirating games
you never play any of them if you have a folder filled with the entire catalog of games for that system.

it's even happened to me in real life, i have close to 200 backlogged physical games and I don't play any of them, many are still unopened.

>having a 3DS

The last Nintendo Console I owned was a second hand Gamecube, and it was intothetrash after I got bored with Soul Caliber

I am a fan of Nintendo but to me they are the company that made Super Mario Bros 3

I might be arguing passionately in this thread but believe you me I don't really give a fuck about video games. I'm a grown up. I do feel the need to defend this product because Sup Forums doesn't understand it's not made for people like them

It's a toy for middle aged men and women and that's who is excited about it. I am a middle aged man, I run linux, I have emulators (and have since the 90's Nesticle and Genecyst when they ran on DOS)

this is a great product for 60 bucks, it's not surprising at all to me that it is sold out everywhere. I GET IT. I'm the demographic

Some of the same assholes shitting on this product have 60 dollar mousepads

get real

>i hate video games
>i'm totally passionate about a toy VIDEO GAME CONSOLE

Get your priorities in order.
You sound like the kind of person who has to ask their wife for spending money so they can buy themselves nice things.

gamers are stupid what did you expect

>wife
You mean mother.

Who are you quoting

Except I never said I hate video games I said I don't give a fuck about them. I am not passionate about the toy, I am passionately arguing with people who are trying to call it a bad product because they downloaded all the NES Roms for free

for the 50th time this thread, the ROMS are free but the computer isn't

this thing cost 60 dollars that's what you're paying for is the controller and the hardware man. Great product, stay mad about it

if you want to hate on 60 dollar toys go talk to your Transgendered Friends on Twitter you millenial scumbags. You aren't experts on everything, you don't understand Nintendomania you never will you weren't alive you weren't there you don't share those memories it's not yours fuck off

>not getting a pi3 with a lakka image and hooking it up to a raytube with rgb/sync so you can enjoy all kinds of systems in glorious 240p scanlines

You guys don't know shit.

>millenial scumbags

>you don't understand Nintendomania you never will you weren't alive you weren't there you don't share those memories it's not yours fuck off

Wow dude, get a fucking life, they're just video games.

Emulation requires ROMs, which are illegal to download. Proof that you're a mouth-breathing fucktard.

how do I sound like I need to ask wife or mom to buy me shit? I'm not the one crying about 60 dollar video game toy

60 dollars is nothing, I don't have to ask for toys like you kids. I'm a fucking white male in the USA with a full time job.

You guys are the panhandling poor ass dipshits.

You know what? if this thing wasn't sold out I would buy one just to spite you, even though I have had all the ROMS since before you knew how to talk

>illegal to download
Because of inane laws that prohibit sharing information with your neighbor.

>I'm not the one crying about 60 dollar video game toy
I neither. I laugh about those actually retarded enough to buy for this with money, and it does not matter how much money it is.

I highly doubt Nintendo would be shilling anything anywhere. When you sell a million units within days of launch near Christmas time, that pretty much guarantees that it is THE Christmas toy of the year.

meant to write "pay for this with money"

It's illegal but nobody gives a fuck.
Except stupid hippies like you.

>Nesticle
Yeah I did the same, my school had a ISDN line and when I gave up trying to play late 90s games on a early 90s machine I learned that I could emulate NES and SNES with no problems and expand my library of games that could be played without sucking balls... ahh good times.

Still don't understand the gore value of having blood dripping from the cursor but whatever.

yeah because there is a better way to do it

you know, the 100 dollar used laptop, 40 dollar controller, 7 dollar hdmi cable way

147 < 60

what a bunch of sheeple right

Where I live it's not illegal. You just have to prove that you have the original game.

Hmmm

great post
you like that?
I gave you that (You) you wanted.

>what a bunch of sheeple right

You forgot to mention the TV.
>inb4 everyone has a TV

Retard.

$20 raspberry pi. $12 controller from ebay, $7 hdmi cable.

$10 Orange Pi, $5 controller from Aliexpress, hdmi cable that came with your TV.