OpenSuse > Arch

OpenSuse > Arch.

So fucking sick of Arch breaking sound. Every fucking other update broke my sound.

Opensuse never breaks anything, even on tumbleweed.

Bye arch. I hope you burn in hell.

Both are trash. Use Solus instead. It's user friendly and has all the options you powerusers love.

Budgie cannot support dual monitors, and it also has the sound issue.

>budgie cannot support dual monitors

seems to have no problem with mine

You can use two monitors, but cannot have a second panel bar.

There are also other little issues with budgie. It is not mature enough yet to use as a main OS.

>cannot have a second panel bar

this is how i want it to operate why do i need to see the time twice?

Arch is an experimental OS for tech support enthusiasts. It's what you install when you want to see weird errors and random shit failing every once in a while for no apparent reason. The reason Arch is popular is because if you run it then it implies that you can handle all the things breaking all the time. Which is why you always hear them say how smoothly it runs, it's just a humble brag about how they fix the sound breaking or kernel panics or times when X don't work so they have to exclusively use the command line.

what laptop? And what non-free driver did you install?

Gotta love opensuse, the only desktop distro to use rpm and that isn't an absolute clusterfuck to use. Suck my dick fedora, dnf or whatever they use can burn in hell, long live yast. Opensuse is the only distro you can manage 100% from a GUI and enjoy doing it.

Arch works on my machine

>No RPMFusion

Rpmfusion can burn in hell too, aur is more stable then that shit. Good luck installing any packages from there because none of the library versions will match, or you could run a rolling release and never ever have that problem

Do you experience the lack of softwares?

mint4lyf[spoiler]

just kidding[/spoiler]

Oh I dunno OP, openSUSE was nothing but trouble for me, especially Tumbleweed. Arch is a pain in the dick too, but at least it doesn't kernel panic while installing updates. Or just because.

I really wanted to like Tumbleweed.

>not exclusivley using the command line anyway

I am going to assume your asking how good the suse repos are. Honestly? They're pretty terrible, though most software has an rpm built for suse that you can download, it's disappointing that they aren't in the default repos. Codelite and vs code come to mind. Don't expect much outside of the standard software, think of it as a little worse then arch without the aur.
That said, I'm pretty new, so I don't know the state of any 3rd party repos

>not using some ubuntu derivative like ubuntu mate, kubuntu, xubuntu, or lubuntu, etc

shit just works

fuck the germans

fuck europe in general

>"my distro > your distro"
lol

>Can't use arch
staypleb

Shut up Kevin.

why solus is better?
arch is cool =)
i am looking for a tutorial for full encrypted disk

jfgi you penis

>this thread
>full of wimpy bitches who all can do is complain even though the shit they get is completely free
Did you even file your bugs, you digital welfare niggers?
Did you check whether your edgy hardware has support under Linux?
Didn't you already fucking realise that Arch is for the people who want to git gud and know shit? How could you ever possibly think that everything's just gonna work?

I've had Arch for some 2 years now and guess how many times has my system been compromised by an update? Protip: It literally never fucking happened.

ENOUGH YOU DAMN SHILL

>this
if you don't want the """"hassle"""" of linux, just use wangblows. ert jist werks.

bump
I want to change my main machine

holy shit ou've posted this in five threads we get the point

>user friendly

bullshit

i installed it and it was screen-tearing all over the place. Also budgie is ugly as shit. i tried installing gnome but it wouldn't let me

fedora is the most user-friendly distro i have ever used.

Eating feces is also free, but you (hopefully) don't do it, do you?

I do this just to trigger you autism :^)

Breathing air is also free, but you (unfortunately) do it, don't you?

Preach!
+KDE works
+stable, even on rolling
+messed up updates by adding unofficial repos? roll back by using snapper!
+proper installation wizard

-repository not as big as debian based distros
-on small disks snapper will break stuff, can be fixed by:
sudo snapper set-config NUMBER_LIMIT=2-10 NUMBER_LIMIT_IMPORTANT=4-10
-not as well supported by game devs, there are workarounds though

Why the fuck would the sound break? You're probably a mongoloid autist refusing to use based Pulseaudio.

Should Leap be my first foray outside the Debian family?

Leap is suggested for stable yes, Tumbleweed if you like the latest and greatest.

dumb kevinposter

>>No RPMFusion
PackMan is the equivalent for OpenSuse.

>solus the new meme.
If you like Budgie try Ubuntu Budgie, the new official community flavor
Leap 42.2 is awesome and KDE comfy as fuck

Wallpaper, please?