WeCuck Play 2

>supposed to play everything I throw at it up to h265 4k@60Hz
>stutters with muh fucking Rebuild of Evangelion [email protected]
What the fuck am I doing wrong

watching anime

You're watching anime.

Is it a 10-bit video? Cause there are few things which will hardware decode that.

Hi10bit anime
>blame Daiz

FUCK my whole ass
It played other 1080p10bit files though

ebin

Yeah, you are probably forcing the device to decode this 10-bit video via software. Which forces the onboard CPU to try to decode it on its own. Maybe the other 10-bit video you tried was smaller in resolution and easier to decode.

>Flooding Thailand to increase HDD prices and promtoe 10-bit video
fucking mad man

the bitrate might be too high

It is quite high, but I thought something able to decode 4k@60hz would also be able manage some gay [email protected] with a slightly higher bitrate. It's most definitely because of the 10bit depth, fucking Daiz.
I wonder if I can circumvent the issue in some way

You must be using a shit CPU if you can't software decode 10-bit H.264 without stuttering. This hasn't been a problem since Core 2 Duos came out.

lower the bitrate then ?

what is your source material ? are you just transcoding shit ?

The wetek play 2 has an amlogic s905h.

ABC Hi10 L4
The framerate is 24, not 23.97

>I wonder if I can circumvent the issue in some way
Only way around is to get a more powerful device or re-encode it with 8-bit x264 or 8-bit x265.

Shouldn't I be able to play whatever as long as it is hevc encoded? I'm gonna give it a try

Always assume 8-bit only unless stated otherwise. What is the name of this device anyway.

Wetek Play 2

Yeah seems to state 10-bit for HEVC but not for H.264.

Video processing: H264, H265 up to 4k@60Hz
Video codecs: H.265(10bit), H.264 AVC, H.264 MVC, MPEG-4 ASP, VC-1, AVS, MPEG-2, MPEG-1
Audio codecs: MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS

Why isn't everyone jumping on the h265 bandwagon though?