Well Sup Forums, which card is better and why?

Well Sup Forums, which card is better and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-375-86-whql-drivers-have-major-issues.html
tomsguide.com/us/halo-5-pc-windows-10,news-23377.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DX11 = 1060
DX12/Vulkan = RX 480

Nvidia because of their superior driver support.

guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-375-86-whql-drivers-have-major-issues.html

Nvidia has superior drivers and are generally just better and stable cards.

get the 1080 instead the 1060 is roughly as powerful as a gtx 780 with more ram

480 is cheaper and they trade blows between different games.
doesn't matter, neither one is worth the money.
pity how shitty the current gpu market is.
prices keep rising, performance keeps getting worse

this

You guys do realize nvidia is dogshit in most DX12 titles right? You know that things all games will soon be using?

>titles

JUST SAY GAMES YOU PRETENTIOUS FUCKING TWAT GOD DAMMIT

and i refuse to get AMD anything everyu CPU i have ever owned from them has been absolute shit

Rx 480, obviously. What's the point of this thread? It's already been confirmed that the GTX 1060 is a huge steaming turd mountain except in old games that use outdated APIs.

>192 bit bus
I swear, ever generation Nvidia makes an absolutely dogshit retarded meme card on purpose to see if tech illiterates will lap it up. Works evey time, too.

The 1060 is faster in almost every game I looked at. Now that I have owned the 1060 since launch I hate myself because I bought a new monitor but couldn't afford gsync and now I also can't crossfire. Oh and the sapphire nitro cards are the best looking thing ever in my opinion. Whatever. Enjoying my 144fps in doom/overwatch/wow

>and i refuse to get AMD anything everyu CPU i have ever owned from them has been absolute shit
>CPU=GPU
okay boss

Keyword soon. So as in not useful yet.

>higher minimum fps
that's what really matters tho user.
both are over 30 anyway so the only thing that actually matters is price.

if the CPUs are shit it only makes sense so would the GPUs

>linus_torvald_about_nvidia.jpg

Buy GTX 1060

Shit I forgot Nvidia good goys upgrade every single gen so they don't have to worry about longevity.

Enjoy what is basically a $200 annual subscription fee.

i only upgrade every second or third gen actually so i will be going from a 780 to a 1080 soon

GTX 1060 superior videocard

This is every single DX12 and Vulkan game. These are the games you want AMD in. Are other games you want Nvdia. I hate to say it but nvidia is fucking AMD.

RX 480 will burn your PCI-E

>halo 5

that is xbone only you retard

GTX 1060 will save even more money for you by electricity bill

hmm

Windows 10 gets exclusives now.

It's the Halo 5 Forge mode.

tomsguide.com/us/halo-5-pc-windows-10,news-23377.html

Are you that much of a jew that $1 saved on electricity over a year is that important to you?

I'm building my first rig with my end of year bonus from work. Do I go with an rx 480 Sup Forums? What psu?

This

>directDirectX
GTFO with your proprietary API

>asking whether to buy amd or nvidia on a board frequented by amd owners as confirmed by like 20 strawpolls

this will go well. i can already see the amd fanboy who posts on Sup Forums nonstop, has posted in this thread.

So what's the best version of the 480? XFX 480 8GB?

Who gives a shit about a minimal decrease in FPS when DX12 is going to be standard in the future? I've owned my current GPU for 4 years now and I'd rather not have to upgrade in 2 years next time

>buying amd ever

lul just get 1050 ti if you are that poor. amd is garbage.

>muh vram

kys

I have the same question, but I'm using GNU/Linux.

GTX 1070

Power and efficiency. Nvidia has both.

A card that costs literally twice as much? Okay, good reply, might as well just not buy anything until I can get a Titan X

>>buying amd ever
>lul just get 1050 ti if you are that poor. amd is garbage.
>50% lower performance than the Rx 480
You might as well just tell him to literally kill himself.

FUCKING POORFAG

1060 might be better now but 480 will be better over the long run. If you buy a new card every year, go with 1060. If you want the card to last, buy 480.

>Its another "AMDrones cite AMD branded games as proof AMD is better in DX12" thread

what about if I'm on linux and want to use open-source drivers?

AMD doesn't pay these game dev companies. It's just nvidia showing the tragic consequences of not having full async hardware support in DX12.

>AMD da good boi, dey dont do nuthin wrong da Nvidia jus hate it when he try an get ahead

because those games surely let AMD paste their logo on top and include their Pajeet-coded GPUopen shit instead of using something better for free

>>AMD da good boi, dey dont do nuthin wrong da Nvidia jus hate it when he try an get ahead
>because those games surely let AMD paste their logo on top and include their Pajeet-coded GPUopen shit instead of using something better for free
AMD simply doesn't have the money to blow on payind game devs like nvidia does.

The problem here is nvidia gpus are shitting themselves because of the lack of full hardware async support.

Prove otherwise.
>protip: you can't

I came back here just to say I have AMD.