Dear Sup Forums, here's a challenge: for year 2017 use different linux each month

Dear Sup Forums, here's a challenge: for year 2017 use different linux each month.

Nightmare mode: no dual boot, full reinstall on every 1st day in month.

What will be your 12?

Other urls found in this thread:

qubes-os.org/doc/full-screen-mode/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nol8kKoB-co
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you have ubuntu on there like 6 times you fraud

What a colossal waste of time.

friendly reminder that Ubuntu is a corruption of Debian

Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, OpenSUSE, Slackware, Puppy, Arch, Sabayon, Xubuntu, Elementary, Alpine, Void

I'll just go through 12 Debian distros so that it'll be the same each month. :^)

Why would I do that?

Reminder that distro hopping is a disease

>kubuntu
>ubuntu
>xubuntu

why would I use crippled debian?

1. Endless OS
2. Exherbo
3. Pentoo
4. URIX OS
5. CRUX
6. Remix OS
7. Apricity OS
8. NixOS
9. KaOS
10. Qubes OS
11. Tails
12. Debian

>Qubes OS
underrated

This sounds fun. I am down. I say that we can't use any we have used before.

1-12. $olu$

:^)

Debian, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu Gnome, Ubuntu Mate, Ubuntu Mini, LXLE, Linux Mint, Steam OS and Android

trying out so many flavors of ubuntu seems a bit borderline to me - why dont you try out some other distros like Arch, Gentoo, Red Hat (though everyone here hates it, praise Lord RMS) and others ? Or even LFS ?

if Qubes OS isn't your daily driver already you're a fag who deserves to be botnetted

not even Subgraph or Tails can compete

One Xen vulnerability or zero-day and it's game over for Qubes. It's also clunky af to use and quite cumbersome.

Subgraph will be the daddy once it nears release. It's only in alpha atm.

How about no.

>I have a life
>I have a job
>I use my computer for things other then circlejerking dickheads on a Sup Forumsboard.

>Drink bleach and die

>It's also clunky af to use and quite cumbersome.

All you need to do is fullscreen the virtual machine with the OS of your choice and you are good to go. The point is to keep its processes separate from the host os. You can rice Whonix, for instance. Subgraph may be secure but it is not tinfoil freetard tier secure and that is what really matters at the end of the day.

I'm installing it as soon as I get my recently purchased T500 librebooted unless you can convince me why this is not the most superior option (even better than Gentoo)

>how the fuck do i greentext lol

>OP is a nigger XD

>All you need to do is fullscreen the virtual machine with the OS of your choice and you are good to go

Well you cannot do this as per design. You must have the colored domain border visible at all times in Qubes.

>Subgraph may be secure but it is not tinfoil freetard tier secure and that is what really matters at the end of the day

Explain. Subgraph is still in alpha - it has a ways to go yet.

>I'm installing it as soon as I get my recently purchased T500 librebooted unless you can convince me why this is not the most superior option

Libreboot removes the microcode available for your cpu -- this means that vt-d and vt-x are not available and thus any virtualization will be using non-accelerated cpu only. It will likely run like a bag of shit and also, you lose the benefit of separating the network stack into its own virtualized container (which vt-x/vt-d allows in qubes).

>earnestly falling for bait

I propose a list of OSes that must be followed. OP's image is not meant for the thread.

>Gentoo/Pentoo
>Arch/Parabola/Void/Antergos/Manjaro
>Debian/Devuan/gNewSense
>Fedora/BLAG/Redhat
>(x)Ubuntu/Trisquel/Mint
>Slackware
>GuixSD/NixOS
>Qubes OS/Subgraph/Tails
>Puppy Linux/PCLinuxOS
>OpenSUSE/Elementary OS
>??? free choice

OpenSUSE should be recommended way more often than it is on this sub. It's like Arch had Magic Johnson AIDS.

>Well you cannot do this as per design. You must have the colored domain border visible at all times in Qubes.
Looked it up. Don't understand everything written but basically it says it's a potential security hazard but can be done for select Virtual Machines.
qubes-os.org/doc/full-screen-mode/

>Explain. Subgraph is still in alpha - it has a ways to go yet.
I was watching youtube.com/watch?v=Nol8kKoB-co which was the developers of Qubes OS, Subgraph, and Tails discussing the differences between the three while moderated by Jacob and don't remember exactly what they said, but the way they talked about the architecture of Subgraph made it seem like it was easier to compromise.

>Libreboot removes the microcode available for your cpu -- this means that vt-d and vt-x are not available and thus any virtualization will be using non-accelerated cpu only. It will likely run like a bag of shit and also, you lose the benefit of separating the network stack into its own virtualized container (which vt-x/vt-d allows in qubes).
Don't understand any of that but it's been noted for the future when I do.