Didn't have internet for 3 months, was moving

Didn't have internet for 3 months, was moving.
What did I miss, Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

solus-project.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You missed this new distro which is really awesome and I really really recommend you to install it. It's fast, stable and secure out-of-the-box. No more retarded manual installation, no more constantly having to fix your config files, no more compiling from source. Solus - it just werks!

solus-project.com/

What advantage does it have over an already installed Arch?

Linux and free software are dead. Microsoft cucked up. Apple releases The Onion articles and you're a fag.

Trump won.

hopefully you missed me, cause I sure missed you.

journalism died

I support trump but to be completely fair, I think it should be abolished, and so does/did trump

trump won, lefties are salty, there is brand new gee meme distro

I can aprove its great. Im using it right now. I installed pycharm over the software store only to see that you have to pay for it but no problem. I can easylie uninstall... Oh what. There is just a "search for updates" button. Ok, no problem, i can uninstall with the terminal.
eopkg remove pycharm...
After a reboot im stuck staring at the cli login. Great distro

>moving for 3 months
Did you cross the pacific with a cargo ship?

Course, but the point is that no-one was complaining before the election.
Democrats especially, since popular vote might mean that people have to be legal citizens to vote.

Last week was my birthday. You missed it.

The amusing thing is Obama won by the popular vote and electoral vote so it doesn't actually matter in his case.

Electoral college is stupid btw.

$300 Apple book.

It's one thing to say that we should get rid of the electoral college. It's an entirely different matter to claim it is pure distilled white supremacy and sexim.

There were complaints from the Republican side. Naturally which ever side loses says electoral college needs to be abolished if it betters their chances.

The whole American voting system is really bizarre.
Winner takes all is fine if you are making a sports tournament, but not when it comes to democracy.
People didn't like Hillary, people didn't like trump. Trump won, but he is only representation of 16% of the american voters.
Let's assume that it was a normal democracy, Bernie and Hillary would be on one side, trump, ted and kasig would be on the other.
Voting could be split into voting for the candidate and voting for the party.
So trump would still win, but because he had the backing of most votes, not because he got the most votes.

Say ted got 15, kasig got 18 and trump got 22 % votes.
Ted could vote for kasig and then kasig would get the presidency or they could all point to trump as they did in this election.
Maybe they could get some democrat to vote for them, to push out the extreme vote, so they needed at least 50% votes in total

The electoral college actually creates a situation where the minority party(s) of every state basically have no incentive to turn out to vote. Whether they vote or not they can't win. This depresses the voters and causes an even easier win and lower turnout overall. Meanwhile the handful of tightly contested states turnout continues to increase.

The idea of dropping electoral votes and just using popular vote is to give the people in these uncontested states a voice in the election outcome. We definitely do need ranked choice instant runoff voting as well though.

Trump won
Apple released a book for $300
The GPU war is almost over
Virgins left, then joined
Rice threads no longer on Sup Forums
Lots of cool shit

faster boot times, good looking out of the box, no systemd

S T V
T
V
youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI

Is that handmade?

you do know that trump eventually won the popular vote right?

Current count shows Clinton up by 1 million.

Turkey
enough reason?

Shut the fuck up Kevin

Yeah

If it doesn't have systemd how do I execute systemd-analyze in it?

the electoral college is a seriously flawed system and should have been done away with years ago. it literally determines the worth of your vote by the state you live in and delegate distribution doesn't match population density.

the best option is to use a popular vote and allow voters to choose between the big 2 parties and also a 3rd party. should a 3rd party have enough votes to compete with the winner of the big 2, use a run-off election. hopefully we'll see more politicians from green and libertarian parties that way.
trump never ran against obama and he still lost the popular vote to hillary as of now.
>no-one was complaining before the election
citation needed. there have been people calling for the electoral college to be abolished for fucking ages.

>Rice threads no longer on Sup Forums
What happened? Where can I find them now?

How do you know where I'm posting from?

I find the most interesting feature of the electoral college is that it can actually override the "will of the people"(in this a rather vocal minority of the people) and choose a presidential candidate who didn't even run in the election. The electors are not actually bound by any law that say they have to vote for the candidate who "should" win. Trump has not actually won the election yet and can actually still lose the electoral college if the electors find him to be completely unsuited for the job and they vote for someone else.

dudn't havo interneta for three monthas

luddites are back with their retro shit thread

Solus shills annoying the hell out of everyone. Like really, they're agressive as hell and won't stop spamming everywhere. I would've given solus a try during my next day off but fuck, never ever worth this shills around!

Is she naked, ony wearing the cape?

Trump won
Microsoft joined Linux
Google joined Microsoft

fug me m8 glad i didnt have interwebs then
yarak kafa ben türkiyedeyim

I actually used solus, and it installed CP on my hard-drive, and I almost got v&

i don't know about this user, but i had a very unpleasant user-experience

it's a statue you dumb fuck

[american] journalism died in the 80's dude.
some revival with web 2.0, but there are no truth-journalists except for cherry pickers or people calling out the entire system, for good reason, but it pisses too many people off for it to work.

No, it should not be abolished. It works exactly as designed, just get a better candidate next time