>2017
Windows 10 local account can be cracked in 2 minutes
/s-security
youtube.com/watch?v=J_JIhn3vJVI

To be fair this wouldn't work in an enterprise setting as user accounts are rarely stored locally but yes, this is fucking pathetic on Microsofts part.

So can a Linux account. Use FDE you moron.

>posting click bait videos
no one cares about your shitty jewtube channel. just post your "hack" here so we can laugh at how leet you think you are

>local account
Sheesh

So moral of the story is that Windows and Linux and Mac are all equally insecure.

>Windows 10
>Windows

Source of error identified.

I dont even have to watch the video. i thought everyone knew this. The only way to secure your data is to use a mechanical drive as the system drive and encrypt using truecrypt with a password key that is about 26 characters long

SSD's cannot be secured
windows passwords can be cracked in 2 minutes
and anything other than a fully encrypted system drive is fucking stupid

wait so ure telling me physical access is full access?

>requires physical access to a computer

You might as well get the HDD out and connect it to another computer and read its contents. Same shit.

I don't see what's the news here. If you allow someone else access to your computer, then it's your fault. If it's a work computer, then you don't have anything personal on it, so nothing to hide.

Moral of the story: keep your personal computer away from anyone else's physical access, unless you trust them.

Or if you really have such sensitive data, use encryption.

and equally shit

>SSD's cannot be secured
Please, elaborate.

If you use fde, all content that is being written is encrypted. What's the fucking difference whether is is an HDD, an ssd, a floppy, an optical disk, or whatever you want?

>SSD's cannot be secured
wow you're a retard

he is probably referring to fact that you cant be sure whats in your ssd(or any modern hdd but..). For all you know your 128 gb ssd could be actually 2 tb ssd and storing all your deleted data.

my proper uefi encrypted pc with Secure Boot technology doesn't have this problem.

1. encrypt disk using veracrypt
3.????
4.PROFIT!

>He doesn't have his computer locked away in the most protected room in the house
>He unironically has to worry about physical break-ins in the first place

Where do you fucking live? India?

I live in a very "Urban" City, in a poor section. I hear gunshots regularly. My neighbors love me, I love them. What kind of shit person do you have to be/live near that you actually get robbed?

couldn't you have warned us this was going to be Linus?

Or you could run a Live USB linux and access all folders and files without fucking around with user accounts or passwords.

This has been known forever

That's not OP, it's someone with >3 million subscribers

This has literally been a thing for decades.

This is why you encrypt your drive. You can bypass any OS-level security by booting into a different OS if you don't encrypt your fucking boot drive.

how is this something worthy of posting on the mighty /g? Certainly "impressive" for 14yo noobs, but come on man.
If you want to shitpost, maybe /b is a better place for you?
In case this is intended as a serious post, maybe LinusTechTips' forum is better match, given your cognitive abilities.

a tech channel that appeals to the greater audience (ei 14yo's who open cmd and think they're etile hackers up to the lowest grade college it-students), wow that sounds so interesting.

>user accounts are rarely stored locally

The profiles for Windows 7, and I believe 10, is that if you log on to them they are saved to the HD. It's bad opsec unless they are wiped, either automatically or manually.

there would be way more cost effective ways to spy on the user than selling a 2TB SSD as a 128GB SSD

that doesn't even make sense, so what, they're supposed to recover the 2TB SSD from you computer at some point to see everything it's saved?