SpaceX plans worldwide satellite Internet with low latency, gigabit speed

SpaceX plans worldwide satellite Internet with low latency, gigabit speed.

Elon Musk wants to be assassinated by ISPs. So long SpaceX!

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/11/spacex-plans-worldwide-satellite-internet-with-low-latency-gigabit-speed/

gigabit speed at 900ms latency

big fucking deal

>Latencies between 25 and 35ms.

Yeah I'm sure Comcast is going to launch a space program to compete in the satellite internet market any day now.

Gonna find a better way to run our cars
All through the Eighties
'Cause the race is on, we're gonna land on Mars
All through the Eighties
-Manfred Mann

>Everyone dies of cancer because of the strong wifi rays

Fuck you, I'd take gigabit at 1000ms over this shit any day.

FOR FREE

WAIT WHAT?
HOW MUCH FOR UNLIMITED?

Read the article you filthy nigger, the satellites are in a fleet and they're in low earth orbit.

they get enough money from the government, it's about time they started doing something useful

>satellite internet
>low latency
pick one

>its low earth orbit
so still several hundred miles above the ground.
>in a fleet
doesn't mean shit

Google SHOULD be getting back into spreading fibre around unless comcast and TWC want to lobby against it again for their own profits

>so still several hundred miles above the ground.
Compared to several thousands like the ones in geostationary orbit.

>doesn't mean shit

Means greater coverage, reduced downtime and increased throughput.

will it cover africa?
can't wait till africans will be shit posting here for free.

Honestly, that would be awesome.
On the internet they can see what the rest of the world looks like.

5 billion scamming, non english speaking third worlders shitting up the Internet, wew lad this can only be good

>4,425 satellites
That's a massive number of satellites, currently there's only 2,271 satellites in orbit total.

This is how we get into cyberpunk world

>free satellite Internet
>free basic income
>government funded nearly free self driving car
>vr gf
>sex bots
>no h1b pajeets

Wow so many reasons to not kill myself

Where did it say free?

Hahaha, wow, you're fucking retarded.

>create an entire infrastructure to connect the planet
>lock it behind a paywall

Thats exactly how the current internet works, retard. Nothing is free, free just means somebody else is paying.

More than likely what will happen is your subscription fee to it will be used to pay for giving Africa """free""" internet access.

>“Once fully optimized through the Final Deployment, the system will be able to provide high bandwidth (up to 1Gbps per user), low-latency broadband services for consumers and businesses in the US and globally,” SpaceX told the FCC. “Subject to additional development work, SpaceX plans to design and manufacture its own satellites, gateway earth stations, and user terminals.” Home Internet customers would receive a "low-profile user terminal that is easy to mount and operate on walls or roofs."
>consumers, businesses, customers

>Once fully optimized through the Final Deployment, the system will be able to provide high bandwidth (up to 1Gbps per user)
>Each satellite will provide aggregate downlink capacity of 17 to 23Gbps
Won't this get maxed out pretty quick, especially by the time you actually these things in space?

Now to see what I'll get first, the NBN or SpaceX

his company makes the quickest accelerating production cars in the world, and they cost as much as your average luxury sports sedan
everything else aside, that's insane

>Comcast
>competing

wat?

hahaha, still thinking that any of us are getting NBN. I admire your optimism.

this guys agenda is pretty much total world domination.... im ok with that

NBN is shit mate, switched from aging copper with 1 dc a week to NBN with 3 dc a day and a totally useless ISP

I mean electric has advantage in acceleration and nobody else is making electric sports cars.
Pricewise it's comparable to gtr, viper, etc which I think are generally faster on tracks.