What is coaxials max speed? I never see it discussed so I assume it must be fairly high

What is coaxials max speed? I never see it discussed so I assume it must be fairly high.

I don't think they're supposed to move.

It's not so much about "speed" as it is about signal loss, OP.

Theoretically, voltage propagating through copper is faster than light travelling through fiber. But the need for error correction, signal processing, etc. is an overhead you can't circumvent.

It's RF. It's limited by the spectrum supported.

different types of coax(air, dielectric, copper gauge) can range between 100's of MHZ and 10's of GHz

RF!=electrical current you dumb retard.

lol look who's the dumb retard now

I don't get it, where did you prove me wrong?
Frequency refers to more things than RF if that's what you're trying to imply.

the main constraint of transmission lines is demodulating a signal when dealing with cable loss, pim, emi, etc at higher frequencies. your cable has to be pretty fucking perfect when you start getting up into higher frequencies.

you quoted the wrong post.

theoretically infinite, if you want to actually to be able transmit data with it and have it be decipherable, the answer is more complicated and depends mainly on the cables inherit permeability and conductivity.

imagine yelling down a hose and trying to get someone to hear what you're saying. if you say it slowly, they'll probably hear you better. but if you're saying things pretty quickly at the same volume, the nigga on the other side ain't gonna hear shit.

Such a succinct way of explaining symbol rate.

>Theoretically, voltage propagating through copper is faster than light travelling through fiber. But the need for error correction, signal processing, etc. is an overhead you can't circumvent.

You send RF over coax which is non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation just like fiber, only on a different place on the spectrum.

And when I say "you" I actually mean "me". I use various types of coax as antenna feed-line for ham radio shit. You can also send straight up DC voltage over it if you want to.

For "speed" it all comes down to the modulation you're using and how wide/how many channels you are using.

Take a look at MOCA/DOCSIS/HPNA for Ethernet type stuff over coax. I use MOCA sometimes when cat5/6/7 is just not durable enough/75ohm coax is already there/too cheap to pay for insane lengths of shielded cat6/7.

TL;DR
MOCA 2.5 gives you 2.5Gbps over coax.
I think you can get a little over 1Gbps with DOCSIS.

Also I plan on getting some new RG6 cables. Any brands to avoid or is everything with lots of 5 star amazon reviews generally good?

Should I avoid copper clad steel

any dual shield 75 ohm rg6 will do.

Ballpark the speed of light.
t. Physics dude

Quad shield is cheap though

there you go. buy it. just don't fuck up the terminations if you're doing it yourself.

I'm not running this shit through the wall I'm buying it because I have 8 feet of rg6 coming out the back of my modem.

*if I didn't make it clear I'm buying ones that have connectors already

any rg6 will do you. the ones to your smt are probably shit anyway.

MOCA is doing 2.5Gbps now? No way.