What was the last piece of software you bought Sup Forums, and why?

What was the last piece of software you bought Sup Forums, and why?

It doesn't matter if the purchase was just yesterday or ten years ago. I am genuinely curious about what the requirements are for you to decide you are going to put a bit of your cash into purchasing a license for a piece of software.

Tell me about your thought process as to why some commercial programs warrant your dollarydoos and some don't.

>What was the last piece of software you bought Sup Forums
Calculator app for iPhone

>and why?
The built-in one sucks

WinRAR

Ah, I bought a alarm-clock app for my Android phone once, back in the early days where the built-in clock was as reliable as a Nigerian bank account.

Cost me a few bucks but now I'm so used to it I install it on every new phone.

Funny question, did they ever actually fix that little bug (I'm guessing it was a bug?) where you could just close out of your payment-nagging and the software would continue working?

>What was the last piece of software you bought Sup Forums
Windows 10 Pro
>and why?
Because I wanted to run it.

I bought AquaSnap a few years ago. It's this weird little window management tool that allows for quite a few neat snaps that don't come with any windows version. Cost me 7 bucks if I recall.

Don't remember the exact reason I decided to buy it.

Max payne 2 like 10 years ago.

Original Max Payne was my childhood game

>purchasing operative systems

Mu-torrent like three months ago.

Why buy?

Every piece of software imaginable now has a free duplicate under some different name.

Why not spend 10 minutes googling and picking one of the free alternatives?

Probably Darkest Dungeon. If you're asking about non-games, then maybe EveryCircuit or Sleep as Android.

I went half and half with a friend to buy the newest Mortal Kombat for PS4 a while back

mfw they want you to pay to unlock secret characters, what the fuck

Neutron Music Player.

Because it's hands down the best Android music player feature wise and there's no alternative, for starters no other player has a Parametric Equalizer and I'd like to be proven wrong.

Also some other useful things like Opus support, Opus Replaygain support instead of only MP3, Crossfeed and Normalization.

Better Touch Tools for my work mac.

What is the best Android music player that has these two points
-File directory browser and no "My Library" bullshit.
-Remembers previous position and track when the application is killed (e.g. for phone restart)
-Proper jack insert/removal detection.

Everything seems to try to be smarter than the end user instead of just defaulting to letting me pick my files.

Neutron does all of those, also the "sorting by album artist" thing some people like.

I also browse by directories instead of playlists or library.

BS Player for Android is the best I've found. Great for video too.

No idea what parametric equalization is but GoneMad Music Player does all of this without looking like utter shit and you can customize it to your liking anyway. Neutron looks like some Gingerbread-era shit.

>parametric equalization is
A more refined EQ instead of the Graphical one every player uses, basically you have more control over it.

>does all of this
From when i tested it it only did the opus support one, play an opus file and it'd play at normal volume regardless of the replaygain tag in it.

>without looking like utter shit and you can customize it to your liking anyway. Neutron looks like some Gingerbread-era shit
This is a non issue for me since only faggots and normies care about "muh design and muh aesthetics", the player could be CLI based and if it does its main job better than the competition then it's better.

function > form always, plus you don't even need to open the player when using buttons to control everything.

Bitdefender

Want to see what a Paid AV is like

Nope