I FUCKIN LOVE LINUX KLDNFKLDNFL:SDMFLSDMFLSMD:FM:SDF

I FUCKIN LOVE LINUX KLDNFKLDNFL:SDMFLSDMFLSMD:FM:SDF

Other urls found in this thread:

punpun.xyz/4d97.png
gimp.org/news/2016/07/13/gimp-2-9-4-released/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oh well. i had to install sshfs. so fucking obvious! why would kde connect need this package as dependency? of course not! You just need to google and install it by yourself! so much fuckin sense!

NOW WHAT YOU STUPID CUNT

pacman -S libmtp ?

Install Solus

IT WORKS LIKE SHIT! I ALWAYS GET ERRORS WHEN TRYING TO COPY LARGE FILES OR TRYING TO OPEN DCIM FOLDER
LUNUX WAS A MISTAKE

just install gentoo. It recognized stuff automatically for me

and mounts them i mean

meanwhile iTunes + iOS just werk :^)

I FUCKING LOVE WINKUCCK ALSKDJCA;LS' PA[PU9UQW PASU DCALSL;FJ

>Uses KDE
>Doesn't actually use KDE Connect
Are you retarded?

pacman -Si kdeconnect
Depends On : hicolor-icon-theme kcmutils kwayland libfakekey qca-qt5
Optional Deps : sshfs: remote filesystem browser
kde-cli-tools: configuration UI

Inform yourself before spouting nonsense and wrong information. Kill yourself, idiot.

you're confirming what he said. It's not a required dependency

Because not everyone needs or uses that, therefore optional.
He claimed that you're not informed about this anywhere and that you have to search the internet. You don't. When you install the package it lists optional dependencies for extra features.

why does a program that was specifically designed to connect to devices not have a ssh module as a default dependency?

Why does a program that was specifically designed to connect to mobile phones that don't actually need SSH need SSH?

>he can't type 'cuck' without being filtered

>phones that don't actually need SSH
how's that?

хpoмoбляди нe люди

Because ssh isn't the only way to "connect to" something.

psd isn't the only image format and yet Photoshop doesn't require separate modules for jpg and png

Kdeconnect does other things than mount your phones filesystem.
It also transfer notifications and you can extend it with a lot of things. Sshfs is optional as it is not everyone who would want that.

>Sshfs is optional as it is not everyone who would want that.
not everyone would use the program anyway, so why does it even exist

Wangblows doesn't have this problem

According to you, everything that's out there should be installed. No matter if you need it or not, it's in some way tied to the original program, therefore it must be installed.
That's how retarded you are and how far you're willing to go, just to support your initial claim.

Can post screenfetch? Which distro and version of KDE is that?

not bad

according to you, programs with a general purpose like "connection to mobile devices" should only service the narrowest and most specific use cases and everything else should require the installation of additional dependencies. You are the cancer that infects Linux

Why not Arch? Fedora? Something better than Antergos.

>uses arch
>complains about things not working
top stuff mate

Antergos is literally arch you idiot

Because you don't get the files over SSH

so how is it that his phone only connected after the ssh dependency was installed?

I don't see what your inability to read or use a computer which lead to this cover-up conversation has anything to do with the Linux kernel.

Software is written with certain required dependencies and optional dependencies. Ssh is an optional dependency (run-time or compile-time) and people can choose whether or not they want the software to support it. Only an idiot would need to have the concept of "base which can be extended" explained to him. If you are an idiot, I can explain it to you.

please don't, there's really no need to demonstrate your severe retardation any further

The MacBook Pro with Retina display does not have this problem.

>optional dependencies have been a staple of software since forever
>somehow tries to pass it off as bad, just to justify the fact that he couldn't read the output of his package manager

usable mature OSes don't have this problem, what a surprise

I love Linux too famylia, now we are one family

>dependency integral to the functionality of a program i optional instead of required
>doesn't even recognize that I'm not OP
>doesn't even realize the argument isn't against the existence of optional dependencies but against this particular case
well I did warn you

so why would need linux distros anyway? they come with a lot of unnecessarily dependencies like image viewer, video players, archives managers... maybe a bunch of people don't actually need players to watch videos? and how about hardware drivers? why would I need drivers for printers if I don't have one? It's retarded. I think all we need is just bare linux kernel which we will install and configure specially for our needs.

Install Gentoo then

>gentoo
maybe I don't need a package manager. Why are you forcing this bloat on me?

Use Crux or Slackware then

the packages for those are museum exhibits. Anything outside of LFS is unnecessary bloat

Windows does that too. I assume you're defending Windows.

Just do a minimal, driverless Windows install in a VM for transferring files, is it ideal? Fuck no, but that's life.

Or he could read the output of his package manager and install the optional dependency which adds the functionality he desires.

from the OP image there's no way to know which, or if any, package is missing though

Can't you read? It tells you WHEN YOU INSTALL it.

>says could not mount filesystem
>i'm trying to mount a sshfs
>hmmm, i wonder why this could be? surely not because something ssfhs related was mentioned during installation. hmm, i better pretend to know better and that i'm not an idiot on an anonymous image based forum, that will surely solve my problem

>i can't install arch

most likely
>i dont wanna spend a hour of my life installing packages just to look cool to a bunch neckbeard autistic retards from the Internet.

most likely
>I wanna use audio and wifi on my machine

>using go-mtpfs
>not using gvfs-mtp

You're making this harder than it has to be.

he's using KDE so gvfs is off the menu.

So yes, he is indeed making this harder than it has to be.

>DE

So you basically decided to not install an optional package just to show the message in order to force an argument to convince those who are not informed?
Why you do need to do this? in what way it benefits you? do you feel you're epic trolling?

>need to install program in order to use it
I don't see the problem.

it was instlled by defaulkt

KDE FAGS B T F O

Putin blocks your linux

>KDE Neon
>Plug in phone
>Open it without difficulty

*shrug*

punpun.xyz/4d97.png

>neon
>all packages except for kde bundle are 100 years old

see Neon is based on 16.04 fyi in case you're not pretending.

so? it's old as fuck

so? what do you give a shit?

I bet you can't even tell me what it is that you do that wouldn't work on 16.04 LTS. You just believe that you gotta be bleeding edge to fit in with Sup Forums

i guess you're not pretending after all...

are you trolling or retarded? Since when the latest software was a bad thing?

For 99% of the packages on your system, why would you give half a shit what version they are, so long as you have security patches?

Tell me user, what features of the 4.8 kernel were you just hanging on the edge of your seat for, that you'd miss if I secretly moved you back to 4.7? For that matter, what if I secretly reverted your system to 4.4LTS? What differences would you notice? What things that you do now would become impossible with that kernel?

I'd wager money that the answer is none, that you wouldn't notice at all, if you never ran uname -r. (or, lets be realistic here, if you never ran screenfetch) You just upgrade for the sake of upgrading.

must be kubuntu

I said nothing about the kernel. but how about oher packages? for example gimp version ion ubuntu is 2.8.6 when in arch it is has the latest version 2.8.18. i dont say there are alof of changes there in that version but that fixes may save for someone a lot of pain in the ass

I'm glad to hear that.

Have fun

>dolphine
>2016+1

lul

Sir! please, upgrade your kernel

>i dont say there are alof of changes there in that version but that fixes may save for someone a lot of pain in the ass
>fixes
Those "fixes" might break something else. Stop being such a dingus, outside of Debian Stable,(which has retardedly old packages) you'll likely never notice any difference.

You're still dodging the question.

So if I switched your GIMP install from 2.8.18 back to 2.8.6, would you notice? Again, without manually checking what version is installed in the package manager.

If you would notice, how would you notice? What new features of GIMP have been added between 2.8.6 and 2.8.18 that you use? What bugs that annoyed you in 2.8.6 have since been fixed?

Would you notice these little minor-version changes for every package on your system? Do you even know every package on your system? No? Then why are you so adamant that they have to be updated immediately, if you can't tell one version from the next?

solus doesn't have this problem
install solus

hell, he'd probably be just fine on Debian stable. All you have to do is find the few things where you really do care about the latest features, probably a half-dozen applications at most, and grab those out of backports.

>So if I switched your GIMP install from 2.8.18 back to 2.8.6, would you notice?
Probably not. But next version of Gimp will have a lot of new improvements.
gimp.org/news/2016/07/13/gimp-2-9-4-released/
So I will notice. While on ubuntu you will have to wait for another half of yeah to get that update

µtorrent
Wangblows Vista/8/10
World of Warcraft post-Wrath

Use KDE Connect you fucking retard holy fuck delete your shit thread and your life with it

OS that doesn't use a certain program doesn't have bugs with it... What a surprise

Don't use arch if you're going to be an idiot

>using yaourt
>not idiot child

>fish
>1366x768
>Radeon
>ANTEGROS
triple wew