Tfw your CPU becomes obsolete

>tfw your CPU becomes obsolete

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U-Tn2fPNRWQ?t=53
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tfw my i7 950 still find for gayming

>tfw fell for the core 2 duo's are useless meme.
Kek no. I know several people running C2D chips and they work fine for what they need.

The irony is that my CPU is a core2quad (lga771 convert), and the problem I'm having is RAM since 2GB DDR2 sticks cost more than 8GB DD4 sticks.

My AMD from the same generation (Athlon64 X2s) has become useless recently for internet browsing. I want to gouge my eyes out whenever I open a website like YouTube.

I'm still on my i5-760

OBSOLETE

750 here, does just fine at 4.2GHz

>mfw my CPU was obsolete on day 1
And yet I think software is overbloated.

is this obsolete? I use this computer every day.

>CPU becomes obsolete
I wonder who's behind this post.

There are a handful of 775 boards with DDR3 if you can find one.

are you getting zen tho?

Then I'll be buying a board AND more RAM.
It's time, anyway.

Waiting for Zen.
Then I spend my money on hopefully a good CPU and DDR4 instead.

My 980x sucks

>tfw your socket becomes obsolete

Went from a pentium 4 to a i7-3770u (or whatever the low power version is) and I dont expect to upgrade until theres a board or CPU failure.

ITT: things that never happen

>tfw a company who wants you to buy things from them convinces you that what you have working at the moment actually doesn't work any more, so you have to buy another one
>from them, of course

Sup Forums is so fucking consumerist it's unreal.

I literally had an Core 2 Duo E6700 until the i7 6700K came out.

You can stretch shit WAAAAY more then you could back then...

Shit I remember going from 486 > Penitum MXX 233 Mhz > Duron 700 > Pentium 1.7 Ghz > Athlon 4400+ > Core 2 Duo E6700

And then I simply stopped. Maybe because all I did was play fucking Dota 2 and shit...

I considered many times upgrading to say something like a i5 2500k or something... but there was very little incentive.

Only when it became apparent that my E6700 + 460 GTX wouldn't run any shit did I upgrade.

I mean yes but also no... depends on what you play.

im waiting on zen to see if its good, I have a good feeling that it will deliver.

if it is then i'll upgrade if not then never ever

>i7 950
>fine for gayming
Choose one.

>Using AMD
Your own fault

t. poorfag

I went from Core2Duo+DDR2 to a Skylake i3+DDR4 in october. I have a feeling that most of the improvement came from faster RAM, better iGPU and the availability of certain ISA extensions.

same here
x4 955 is pretty good

>Phenom II X6 1055T
>still perfectly fine speed wise but runs into occasional problems with modern programs due to no support for newer instruction sets

This is finally the time all its cores get to shine it's not fair.

>being convinced that making rich people richer improves your life

Spoiler: it doesn't.

Your new processor wont fill the empty void in your soul.

>tfw 2600k at 4,4 ghz

tfw 3gb Pentium D + sis graphics

>sis anything
Don't worry, you're going straight to heaven when you die.

At least it makes my life more enjoyable

I have a Xeon E5, but Google maps has become extremely slow and laggy. what are the latest system requirements for JavaScript web applications?

FX 8350 and GTX 1070 with 8gb ddr3
The bottleneck is real

why wouldn't it be?

It's shit for modern games, even a Haskell i5 performs better.

>caring about modern games

Why?

they are better
more fluid, more open, more possibilities, better graphics/art, better sound, better multiplayer, etc.

Well, so I too can say my Pentium 4 is still fine for gaming.

>more open
>more possibilities

This is just not true, if anything it's the opposite. They are certainly more accessible and superior sound and graphics wise though.

Not only modern games but emulators too.

Bethesda and CD Projekt Red are laughing

>tfw 4790k stock 4ghz bc dunno how to oc

Get out Sup Forumsdittor

tfw i5-2500k

you are all little babies

>tfw stock 6700k that idles at 24c
I'd oc it but I fear that it'd fuck up my idle temps, love that quietness.

What's ur watercooling

Bethesda is a prime example. Something like Morrowind is miles better than Oblivion or Skyrim. I'll give you CDPR though, W3 manages to both have shitloads of content AND keep it quality thanks to low Polish wages.

None. I've got a Noctua NH-D14. I got it when it didn't have a 1151 bracket so it doesn't really fit and it's super fucking tight.

i got a corsair h75 and i've never seen my cpu under 30°c

Corsair's shit-tier that's why

Skylakes prob just run cooler, not sure. I've also got like 5 case fans. I used to have an i7 860 with the stock cooler and that ran at 65c idle.

i don't get the point of this image

just an amd fanboy waiting for zen

i got two front fan, a bottom fan and a dual fan watercooling on rear in my define r5. i had side fan but i removed it bc it didn't cooled my 2nd gpu.
but you might be right, maybe it's just the different gen

>implying it's obsolete

That feel when bought a 4790k and then didnt think about power phases until after I had already placed the order for my shitty motherboard

Pentium mmx 198mhz of bower complete with f00f bug.

i'm not saying 4790k is obsolote, just say i couldn't oc my cpy bc i don't how to do it through bios

if you go by Sup Forumss standards if your CPU is not the newest generation that just came out its obsolete

FUCK YOU POLAND I HOPE SOMEONE NUKES YOU AND EVERY POLISH RETARD DIES

>by Sup Forumss standard
Fixed for you

I know that haswell is only 2yeat old and the difference between 4790k and 6700k is less than 10%.

>tfw had a c2q with a mobo with a locked bios
you don't know how hot my hell burns. fuck oem pcs

(((intel)))

tfw there are people who buy every iteration of intels cpus each year

its a good thingt im about to make a jump from an FX 8320 to an i7 6700k and will stick with it for at least 3 years

>tfw you didn't fall for Sup Forums meme

i7-4790K here
have to go for dual xeons next time for sure

Yeah you should do it but wait till next friday

Enjoy spending the money you saved by buying an inferior CPU on the power bill.

pic related

everything is already ordered i dont really participate in black friday

nothing but a poorfag

If you're running that chip, you can pick up an FX-8320e for like $80 new. Only 95w compared to 125w of the older FX 8 cores. It over clocks very well. And you get the benefit of the newer instruction sets. You should be able to just pop the new chip into your existing motherboard. Your board is am3+ right? 970/990fx chipset? If so, you're golden.

Shame about it though. The X6 chips were an amazing performer for their price.

Two Xeon E7s with 64GB of memory

>TFW going from AMD to Intel.

I was running an FX-9370 at 5.5ghz under custom water cooling. Even paired with an r9-390 I was getting frame rate dips into the high 30s just trying to push a 1080p panel. Got fed up, bought a 6700k. 60fps in everything now on a new 1440p setup.

Although I will admit trans/encoding on that 9370 was a dream. My 6700k now hits 4.5ghz undervolted and I'm only using a single tower CPU cooler with one fan. Leagues of difference. Zen better be all that and a plate of tendies to make me even consider switching.

>he fell for the 220w tdp meme cpus
you poor soul

>Expecting something from amd
zen is gonna be shit and cheap that how they can compete with intel. Amd is shit since they release radeon 200 series

I already had the Sabertooth 990FX board. I got the 9370 for $10 more than a brand new 8350 was going for at the time. $10 for a guaranteed binned chip wasn't a bad deal at all.
The whole 220w thing is a misnomer. An fx-8350 clocked to the same levels would be using the same amount of power. AMD labeled 220w on those chips was to stop idiots from sticking them in $30 4+1 VRM boards and blowing them up.

>Haskell i5
Kek

>970 + 620
Why?

i5 aren't made to last for over 3 years, buying an i5 and keeping it for more than 3 year is a big mistake. Get i7, if you want ur rig to last.

>tfw Xeon x5650 is only becoming stronger because of increasing support for multi-threaded applications

>i7 2600k
its gonna take AMD 5 more years to even catch up and 5 more for Intel to make another 10% performance boost

amuzing, pure Sup Forums

It's my previous gpu, i use it for my second display and i didn't want to sell or to throw it away

are you retarded by chance?

I see, but why wouldn't you just connect the second monitor to the 970 and keep the 620 in a drawer as a backup GPU? It would use a little bit less power.

I have a computer from 2011 with i5 and it works wonderfully

Don't want to buy a dvi cable whereas i got a lot hdmi cable

> tfw 4.5Ghz 6600k that idles at 22c

kys youtu.be/U-Tn2fPNRWQ?t=53

feels great man

Haswell. Now it won't trigger your autism.

Overclocking has no effect on idle temps

that doesnt justify spending another 300+ dollars on a new cpu