Now that What.CD is done for, what legal streaming service are you planning to switch to?

Now that What.CD is done for, what legal streaming service are you planning to switch to?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/69889-torrent-website-whatcd-shuts-down/
zeronet.io
127.0.0.1:43110/0torrent.bit
alphagamers.net/threads/spotify-music-beta-mod-7-0-0-1347.227589/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Using Spotify cause I pay 5$ as a student.

But there are enough alternatives to what.cd

Deezer

You can save for a new hard drive too.

BBC iPlayer radio has you covered for whatever you want

Soulseek

is the difference between downloaded mp3 320kbs from whatcd and spotify noticeable?

Buy CD + extract them + subsonic server

You'll notice the ads between songs that weren't there before

When they start serving up my weeb music I'll bite. But try searching for anything by an Asian artist on Spotify and you get shit results or it's regionalized. It's the same reason I refuse to use streaming services like Netflix.

kek
im hearing some poping

>Weebmusic
What is animebytes?

Nothing because streaming services have zero fucking music, no anything at all only normie shit.

I'm right now downloading things like a madman from other private trackers though, just in case.

>weeb
Liking Japanese music (whether it's shoegaze, rap, or noise) doesn't make you a "weeb". Listening to anime OST, OPs and EDs does.

Apple Music has everything and need and has none of that censorship bullshit. It's basically Beats 2.0. Only $5 dollars a month for students and verification isn't a pain in the ass like Spotify.

Garbage.

>using the word "normie"
get the fuck out of Sup Forums

Pyтpeкep

Ahhh that's a good KEK reminding me of beats music... It's POO

go away normie

it's 'normalfag' you fucktard

>says the normalfag
Don't fucking try and change the word, faggot.

>spotify has albums i like that rutracker doesn't
lol at piracy
gg no re

You're the one listening to weebmusic fag

No it isn't

>renting music
fuck that. I buy CDs and RIP them. the collection makes for a nice showpiece too.

Soundcloud

Pros
>Has everything, even obscure weeb shit.
>Has had recommendations and likes for a while now
>Now has automatic radio station creation
>Everything is 320 usually

Cons
>Top charts are full of nigger """music"""

Soundcloud uses 128kbps MP3.

So there is no excuse to pirate.
You can use SoundCloud to find obscure stuff, buy the CD and rip it legally to yourself and Spotify lets you listen to music even offline.
The only excuse now is the 999kbps placebo quality.

Tidal is better

>999kbps
That's lame.

Modded Spotify client here

hi haxxor
r u anonimoose?

>i like ads and forced shuffle

+1

we premium boii

>using spotify
I'll just look for my FLACs elsewhere.

i dont stream

ever

i will buy and rip CDs before i stream

enjoy your placebo

as in a will buy and riup CDs before i stream even for free

fuck streaming fuck recommendations and fuck not choosing what i listen to AT ALL TIMES music IS NOT a social thing

I don't use them for the placebo... I don't use mp3 because freedoms, i transcode flac into ogg.

>xDD
Faggots. I can get 320kbps mp3 and that's all I want.

omg idiotic people like this exist
muh freedoms
u wot m8?

wher get modded client?

/home/root/killall

>spotify
>mp3

How do you get 320 kbps? I thought the free Spotify only gives you 96kbps or something like that, even if modded.

>he isn't paying for premium
Are you poor, user?

>Now that What.CD is done for
what?

It's dead, Jim.

pitchfork.com/news/69889-torrent-website-whatcd-shuts-down/

Mod it yourself or try to find it at some shady russian website.

You can easily get premium features

>streaming
>not downloading permanently
None, steaming is a shitty meme.

Listening to anime OST, OPs, and EDs doesn't make you a weeb. Renouncing your culture and claiming that Japan's is better does.

I think he talks when downloading the music. Most there is free or you just need to login and repost to download the song.

well, fuck

any alternatives?

I would look for torrents, download shit on Qobuz when I give up, and share everything on Zeronet

zeronet.io
127.0.0.1:43110/0torrent.bit

>Tfw Spotify doesn't support my third world country
>tfw you can use an account from another country
>tfw Spotify will deactivate said account after couple of days
>don't want to use VPN or Proxies
What do bros

Torrents have no borders my friend

How about one of the other hundred or so streaming services?

Google does the best job imo, although their app is sort of dogshit in the glitch dept. Way easier to navigate than spotify, though.

I want to stream music though not download.
Most if not all doesn't support my third world country

>I want to stream music
why, though? for mobile? just download torrents to your pc and stream them from there to your phone.

if you want to stream at home, well, that's just stupid.

Too bad the majority don't understand this and think even thinking of the word "Japan" makes you a weeaboo.

I've had to turn to this because none of the music I like is streamed and the upload communities are dying. It's turning into an extremely expensive hobbu but damn if it doesn't feel nice to hold an actual CD.

What country exactly? I can't believe that Spotify isn't supported in your country

Are you from Africa?

I don't understand how they're all so mediocre though. They're either overpriced, have wonky interfaces, not enough variety, or are just in general complete fucking shit.

No wonder people torrent or download from shady sites instead.

groove music

Not him but I'm from Serbia and I need to login on Spotify through a UK VPN once per month to have it work on all my devices

My dl speed is shit so streaming is faster to me.
Iraq

>>
Google Play Music is great and Amazon music arrived and it's cheaper

I just hope they start increasing their music library.

5,99€/month for Google Play Music

yes or no? is it good?

If you have a rooted Android device you can "change" your location to anywhere in the world (example, somewhere in America). This works on most apps so it should on Spotify. I use xprivacy for this but there are other and simpler apps.

you pay that much? I pay $3

Don't they ID you by your IP address?

This

soulseek nigga

alphagamers.net/threads/spotify-music-beta-mod-7-0-0-1347.227589/

What do you mean? Now I finally have time to listen to the 4 TB of music i hoarded.

how? it says 9,99$

>streaming
>PAYING to stream
when did Sup Forums go full normie?

A long time ago.

;_;

You can't afford $9.99?

a month? no

It's 50 rand to South African users. About 3.44 usd

about two years ago

>paying for free content

It's not legally free.

Not him, but seriously? What are you even doing here?

You can't afford to pay 9.99$ for botnet?
lemme rephrase this for you

I torrent and use deezloader to get songs. There's no proper music syncing software other than's plex which you have to pay for, this is the part I have a problem with. Keeping music + playlists synced on desktop and mobile is shit for freetards

>paying for something when you can get it for fre

how much data does GPM eat up?

>Now that What.CD is done for, what legal streaming service are you planning to switch to?

I really don't understand this logic. Exactly what advantage is there to wasting bandwidth streaming the same songs over and over again?

1.) You're dependent on the fact that you have a (decent) Internet connection available to you at all times, which certainly won't be the case with all - and even some of the more staple - mobile service providers
... and 2.) Used CDs are a dime a dozen. If you live in the States, it's completely legal to make personal backups of any type of intellectual property you've purchased, unless you circumvent DRM to do so. Since most CDs aren't copy-protected anymore, there's nothing stopping you from buying albums for a few pennies each on eBay and making lossless backups that you can put on any portable device for personal use.

Piracy isn't all that useful to me. I can buy most any album I want for pennies on the dollar, and if I make lossless backups through Exact Audio Copy, then there's no question that I do indeed have a legitimate lossless-quality backup on my hard drive.

Of course, there's no need to worry about service outages, shitty bandwidth or any other disruptions that might commonly affect streaming services. I can take my music anywhere without having to be tethered to an active Internet connection.

Why shouldn't I be here?

>Paying for music services that don't have any music
wew

8tracks

>make account
>upload all of my music into playlists
>listen to them whenever I feel like it with no ads besides one pop-up

All these neckbeards and what.cucks are on suicide watch. Their free means of listening to music are coming to an end. Streaming is cheap + convenient. It's hassle free. My time is worth more than downloading mp3s.

You can download the songs to local storage for offline listening.

>My time is worth more than downloading mp3s
>mp3s
lmao

>spotyfy
LIterally shit,
broke my phone with endless downloads,
can't listen on pc without internet (i had premium),
>linux version is shit
>windows version too, mindless updates and lot's of fucking traffic (i am often on mobile and i wish to listen without internet)
>iops
>useless data becouse you can't listen ofline even with premium
Just fuck the jews, i tired

This woman agrees.

I stopped listening to music few years ago. 0 fucks given

>he hasn't matured beyond the need for constant round the clock entertainment

ayyy lmao

I already get Amazon Prime so I get the music service included