New AMD cards when?

New AMD cards when?
I need a new GPU

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockers.co.uk/kfa2-geforce-gtx-1070-reference-blower-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-70nsh6dhk6vk-gx-090-kf.html
overclockers.co.uk/palit-geforce-gtx-1070-gamerock-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-03g-pl.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support
twitter.com/AnonBabble

H1 2017, how hard is it to fucking google

Dont be a faggot just get a furry
t. proud first time builder

Just buy a GTX 1070.
Got mine for $365.

thats a good deal mate

nah

All 1070s are above 400+ euros here

Nvidia is too expensive

Stop being poor

macfag detected

Fucking where

I seriously don't habeeb it, for an AIB. But still, my face when I paid about $350 for my Fury in August :(

February 17th, 2017

>pay ~50% more than an Rx 480 for 15% increased performance and 6% less vram
nvidiots everyone

i'm thinking the same.

shall i get a blower cooler 1070 for £360 or spend £20 more for an aftermarket cooler?

overclockers.co.uk/kfa2-geforce-gtx-1070-reference-blower-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-70nsh6dhk6vk-gx-090-kf.html

overclockers.co.uk/palit-geforce-gtx-1070-gamerock-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-03g-pl.html

Speaking of which, what is a better option, a 390x or a 480? I'm sorry, but I have never built a PC before

>having money means you should waste it
little does user realize, this is why poor people are poor

480 AIB
+Newer
+More efficient
Pretty much it, cheaper too I'm sure.

>titan
>losing to sub 200 dollars cards
nvidiots literallly on suicide watch

meant for

>cod

Why not 15 game's average...

AMDrones are the vegans of tech
get a Nvidia like a normal person

fury

>get a Nvidia like a normal person

Yes, and enjoy your roasted cards.

b-but this game that AMD paid to have optimized for them totally proves that Nvidia is finished!

thermi memes lives on

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES HAS NO CPUS, NO GPUS AND NO DRIVERS

at least i have a cute waifu to keep me warm in the winter

never. AMD is perpetually 2 generations behind in terms of perf/w. if vega is as bad as poolaris was it will take a 600mm2 die just to compete performance wise with the 1080.

>caring about muh power draw
lol

Just get one with a proper cooler.
No sense spending hundreds on hardware that has lowest binning, cant OC far and is even likely to throttle because you skimped 20 bucks.

>not caring about power draw

some of us prefer not to turn their home into a sauna

>laptops market
>noise
>overcloking capability

So Fermi was good?

>if vega is as bad as poolaris
It's slightly better. Still can't compete against Maxwell though.

Buy Nvidia.

>hurr durr who care if bulldozer draw 300w, its faster than a i3 :^)

but it's generally pretty chilly in basements

average of techpowerup...a site that still uses wow and batman and bf3 and just cause as relative games on 2016
and literally nothing on dx12

>literally nothing on dx12

they've updated their testing list and 6 of the 20 use dx12/vulkan. don't spread lies.

they also test total war warhammer.

tuesday

Kek

Thanks for the 47th toddler card thread of the day, Sup Forums

>if vega is as bad as poolaris was it will take a 600mm2 die just to compete performance wise with the 1080.

Given that the 4096 ALU count has been know for a long time, vega is most likely gonna be:

> 8 "shader" engine macro blocks, with 1 geometry and 4*4px rasterizer setup unit each
> 2 or 3 RBEs per SE with 4 color ROPs each, for 64/96 ROPs total
> 450-470 mm^2 depending on ROP counts and beefier codec blocks for UHD@>60Hz

Given the ~12TF fp32 numbers thrown around, it will be clocked in the neighborhood of 1.465 GHz and will be 2.0x-2.5x as fast as Polaris 10 depending on whether what's being run is bottlenecked by bandwidth, ALU throughput, or fixed function unit throughput.

Of course fp16 capacity will be ridiculously higher in the neighborhood of ~24TF, but it's yet to be seen how effectively half precision can be used.

>it will be clocked in the neighborhood of 1.465 GHz

extremely wishful thinking considering poolaris struggles to hit 1.45ghz

You know AMD won when all these nvidiots can't stop crying salty tears itt while pointing to nvidia sponsored gayme benchmarks.

More DX12 gaymes coming soon nvidiots :^)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

DX12 is legit

i don't understand your point or picture.

nvidia gained marketshare q3 this year whilst intel and amd lost some.

Hey man I know your shillin'
I'm AMD but everyone knows the Evga cards simply had poor/no thermal vram padding, which they are working on fixing. So they didnu nothin with respect to that.

It was a jet.com sale I found on slickdeals.net.

>dx12
DX12 is irrelevant and will remain irrelevant long after this generation of cards is obsolete.

So far most implementations of DX12 have been pretty shitty.

Works pretty well on total war and hitman

Havent tried other games yet

ignore the comparison charts - they are always biased towards one or the other brand.
compare like to like price ranges (AMD wins). Lok at FreeSync/GSync priced monitors (AMD wins). If you want to capture your gaming, nothing beats Shadow Play (Nvidia wins).
Simples ;)

install rx480

lol, buy an Apple

>total war
>hitman

dx11 performance on nvidia cards on tw:w is better than amd's dx12 performance. also i own hitman and performance is tragic in both dx11 and dx12. it get massive stutters which make it unplayable. i had to uninstall it after like 3 hours of play time. it's a pretty big issue for a lot of people.

Runs fine on my AMD card on ultra with DX12™

you have Nvidia though so it's bound to suck

You might also want to compare frame times. Having 80fps in a game might sound great, but more often than not games tend to stutter on AMD cards.

That's what I'm waiting on as well. For HBM2 and my stock price to go up even more.

>dx11
>suck
>nvidia

no. the game sucks in general.

AMD cards are like the dubstep of graphics cards, stutters, crass and the choice of the lowest common denominator.

Nvidia cards are like classical, high class, beautiful, all the components of your computer in harmony together.

A single rupee has been deposited to your Bagladeshbank account, Rajeshinijit.

clocking limits are a function of gate geometry and pipeline stage length, neither of which are necessarily the same on two similar products on the same process.

getting 20% clocks on a revamped architecture is completely plausible.

>it's a pretty big issue
For you.

>I need a new GPU
Curiously, how old is your current one, or rather what do you currently have?