Remind me again why you aren't using the best OS? If you have no need for rolling...

Remind me again why you aren't using the best OS? If you have no need for rolling, this distro is best for literally any windows, linux, or mac user and should be running on everyones computers

I do.
Actually, even my parents use it since I installed it to them, and since then, I don't need to help them with something once a week.
I personally use Qubes, which is based on Fedora and Xen, so I basically do aswell. Just werks.
(Using XFCE, parents aswell)

I use but it has shit repositories, a lot of the obscure software needs to be either install via linux brew or copr or self-compiled. Not to mention the abhorrent boot times.

Agreed. It's a nice distro, but these things need to be solved before I use it over Debian.

Yeah agreed. I used it for 3ish months and was not impressed at all. All the bullshit with repos and fonts and all the tweaking you had to do made it somewhat unfriendly to noobs. Would not recommend. Rolling release is where its at, fuuuuck reinstalling every year or whatever.

But I am.

but I am

Disgusting, james bond, absolutely disgusting

Yea except it's basically a psuedo rolling release because it releases so often.

This is bad how?

There's no way to upgrade it without installing it again?

They ignore bugs.

Why would I get Fedora? Legit question.

I started with Ubuntu then moved to Arch which I've been using for a few years, kind of want to try something else now but not sure what to pick.

Fedora works great! For me it has been the final stop to distrohopping. But i'm perfectly happy with BSD family and i only need steamos for playing games.

Repos have most of the stuff i need and net installer is a good way to get minimal x with image, audio & video software easily.

I used this shit for almost 3 months.
I had LUKS LVM encrypted system and some day I could not turn off my PC, unstable version of systemd just hanged for over 30 mins no disk activity or any other at all.
I force rebooted my PC and I had no MBR as the result, no data, no system.
I had two days old backup so I installed debian stable and restored all my data back, but 2 hours of my lifetime was lost.

Fedora, never again.

Fedora is always behind schedule on their releases, always. So you get some half baked feature until a update mid-cycle, or next cycle. A quick trip in the forums will confirm that updating is prone to more breakage and headaches than the superior rolling release model. Plus systemd bullshit.

What is wrong with arch?

All you really need is the free rpmfusion repository. Anything else tends to be special case.

The boot time is slow I agree.

My mom uses it with xfce.
Fedora is fucking great.

Release 25 deferred twice because too much bugs sure speaks volume about quality.

Your mother is a slut and her opinion means jack shit

Nothing actually, I'll eventually go back to it as always, I just want to try out another distro.

cause i use openSUSE. Eat shit Red Hat

Why would anyone use Fedora when rolling release distros exist?

Jumping from F23 to F24 destroyed driver support for my laptops wireless. Solus hasn't had any issues with updates at all.

Try out solus and report back how much of a piece of shit it is. Or try gentoo.

Solus is essentially a beta distribution and i might try it after another cycle or so. Way, way too risky.

You are objectively wrong

>kevinposting

>cancerposting
>inb4 kevin

You don't have to, but the chance things fucking up are much greater. This is objectively true.

Sure the facility is there, but it's fucking broken.

I used Fedora, and shilled its quality for a few months. It always annoyed the fuck out of me when someone claimed that it was "redhat testing." I didn't believe that at all until Wayland came around, and confirmed that without any doubt. Fuck systemd fuck redhat testing.

Wrong. Not many bugs but a very small amount classed as blockers.

Never happened to me. Do you have a source on this or is it brostats?

Im not sure what you want, a scientific peer reviewed study? Google returned 700,000 results maybe you should start there, or maybe the forums.

It doesn't break any more often than anything else.

I would use it, but reddit faggots keep making unfunny tips fedora jokes about it, so fuck it.

I understand this is more of a philosophical question but I much rather prefer the rolling release model. Fedora being the testbed for new features makes it just as "unstable" as rolling release. And updates and patches get pushed somewhat regularly, so whats the real benefit to point release?

I gotta be honest here
I'm very bad with Linux
I like how Fedora functions and the fact that I can have all my computers and server on the same thing. I think it has replaced Debian as the "universal distro"

I don't know how to properly manage a rolling release, and there isn't enough community support behind it. I want something that I can recommend to brand new from windows users and my clients.

That and I see no real need for rolling releases

You do realuze that Fedora also uses systemd, right?

>implying that's something bad

>realuze
kek'd hard

I've been using it for quite a while now and I think it's great,never had a problem. People complaining about repositories just need to add rpmfusion.

>Remind me again why you aren't using the best OS?

I am, but why are you posting a picture of one of the worst operating systems these days?

this desu

fedoras kde spin is fucking atrocious

leap 42.1 ftw

No Unity.
/thread

i am running it now

>works after you install it
>no need to install graphics drivers
>comes with gnome(the best DE ever)

at least the XFCE spin works

But I am using it, on my T420.

Installed f24 on my laptop.

>shitty bloated gnome 3 is the default DE
>no Wi-Fi drivers
>only open source graphics drivers
>have to go through loops to install what's standard in other distros, like drivers, or fucking VLC.

So glad I moved on to a better, more stable distro.
Setting up other DEs in Fedora resulted in bugs and annoying nuisances that made it a very unpleasant experience.

What advantages if any does Fedora have over Ubuntu for someone brand new to Linux?

but I am
it's great, only issue is that devs forget it exists, so they don't provide RPMs

like, it's as easy as Ubuntu otherwise

Qubes, the idea is okay, the amount of hardware wastage is kind crazy though unless you are handling stuff that is heavily NDA'd or tradesecrets.

Despite this rudeness, OpenSUSE is easily one of the best distros out there. Seriously underrated despite how good it is.

first linux distro i am able to use without fucking it up